banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-09-2002, 10:25 AM   #1
Auburn Annie

CTV is reporting the following story:

Gordon Lightfoot moved out of intensive care

CTV News Staff

HAMILTON — Singer Gordon Lightfoot is out of intensive care at McMaster Medical Centre and he's getting healthier.

"He continues to progress really well. Everyone's very encouraged by the progress he's making," Hamilton Health Science spokesman Jeff Vallentin said Friday.

Lightfoot was rushed to McMaster on Sept. 8 with internal bleeding from a rare weakness in an abdominal blood vessel. The 63-year-old folk musician, who wrote the songs Sundown and If You Could Read My Mind, underwent several complicated surgeries.

Family and friends have been supporting Lightfoot at his bedside since he fell ill.

Only two weeks ago, the folksinger's manager Barry Harvey reported that Lightfoot wasn't always conscious.

The family has asked that details about the singer-songwriter's condition remain private.

[This message has been edited by Auburn Annie (edited November 09, 2002).]
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 10:25 AM   #2
Auburn Annie

CTV is reporting the following story:

Gordon Lightfoot moved out of intensive care

CTV News Staff

HAMILTON — Singer Gordon Lightfoot is out of intensive care at McMaster Medical Centre and he's getting healthier.

"He continues to progress really well. Everyone's very encouraged by the progress he's making," Hamilton Health Science spokesman Jeff Vallentin said Friday.

Lightfoot was rushed to McMaster on Sept. 8 with internal bleeding from a rare weakness in an abdominal blood vessel. The 63-year-old folk musician, who wrote the songs Sundown and If You Could Read My Mind, underwent several complicated surgeries.

Family and friends have been supporting Lightfoot at his bedside since he fell ill.

Only two weeks ago, the folksinger's manager Barry Harvey reported that Lightfoot wasn't always conscious.

The family has asked that details about the singer-songwriter's condition remain private.

[This message has been edited by Auburn Annie (edited November 09, 2002).]
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:00 PM   #3
Gord

Yes thanks for the news tip.... I added that to the home page at my site. YAY!!!
Old 11-09-2002, 12:00 PM   #4
Gord

Yes thanks for the news tip.... I added that to the home page at my site. YAY!!!
Old 11-09-2002, 12:14 PM   #5
ChristopherPennington

YAY!!! Thanks so much for posting. Haven't heard a thing here in the US and I had the news on all morning.
ChristopherPennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:14 PM   #6
70sFan

YAY!!! Thanks so much for posting. Haven't heard a thing here in the US and I had the news on all morning.
70sFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:21 PM   #7
formerlylavender

Auburn Annie,

Thanks for posting the GOOD news. Like 70s fan and brink, we get no news updates on Gord's condition here in Delaware. Good news to start my weekend...
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 02:22 PM   #8
USA

Auburn Annie, this is terrfic news. Over here in the UK we get very little news. I was out of the country when Gordon fell ill, and am unaware of any news reports here, at that time. I have E mailed various programmes on the BBC asking them to mention the fact that he is ill and requesting a record on behalf of his many (I am sure) British fans. With no luck.
I feel a lot more comfortable now I have read this news. Thank you.
USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 02:22 PM   #9
notsocooldude

Auburn Annie, this is terrfic news. Over here in the UK we get very little news. I was out of the country when Gordon fell ill, and am unaware of any news reports here, at that time. I have E mailed various programmes on the BBC asking them to mention the fact that he is ill and requesting a record on behalf of his many (I am sure) British fans. With no luck.
I feel a lot more comfortable now I have read this news. Thank you.
notsocooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 06:41 PM   #10
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Great stuff to come back to, thanks for the update.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 02:02 PM   #11
GJA

Just reading the postings. This is my first time on this (or any) message board. Please, folks from Canada, keep us posted on Gord's progress. I'm so addicted to his CD's I'm even getting my husband addicted!

------------------
Gloria
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 02:02 PM   #12
GJA

Just reading the postings. This is my first time on this (or any) message board. Please, folks from Canada, keep us posted on Gord's progress. I'm so addicted to his CD's I'm even getting my husband addicted!

------------------
Gloria
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote