banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
Jenney

Default Lowell

It's been a tough week around here for me, we had a death in our family. I wasn't certain I'd be able to make this show after all, but managed to sneak away for 24 hours. I met up with Diane late in the afternoon, then we went out to get dinner.
When we left the resteraunt in Lowell, none other than Frank was waiting to come in! Many of you know Frank as Bill's buddy. What a shocker, and he didn't even know Gord was performing 5 mins away! He was coming down from Maine, what are the odds of running into each other like that!
The Lowell auditorium is a lovely old theater, with a few idiosyncrasies. No carpeting on the old wood floors, and the rows of seats were just placed there not bolted. It was a nice place, someday I'd like to return to the town to see the quilt museum. The auiditorium seemed close to being full.
We had the pleasure of sitting next to Wayne Francis, who created and maintains Lightfoot.ca We met him in Keene this spring, it was nice to see him again.
Gord came out wearing the red velvet coat, and opened with Triangle. Wayne took down the set list, and will probably post it after he gets back from the NYC show. No surprises in this show. Gord was in great voice, quite strong. I could have used the volume turned up a bit, especially on Carter's guitar. The vocals were easy to hear, albeit a bit quite. But then I'm coming down with a lovely head cold, so it could have been my ears!

It's a good start to this leg of the tour, I hope to make at least 2 more this month.
Jenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
formerlylavender

Default Re: Lowell

Sorry about the death in your family. That's good that you could make it to the show after all...I think you were meant to go. Thanks for posting!
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Kelly Davis

Sorry about your death in the family. Happens to us all - and it's never pleasant.

As far as the volume with the band, I asked Terry Clements once about that and he stated that Gord sets the levels personally.

Kelly Davis
Kelly Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
brink-

Sorry for you, Jenney, with the family issue. You got to see Aunt Frank though! I just love that guy, he is so great!

I would love to meet Wayne - doubtful, but perhaps someday.

Get better! Maybe it is pent up sadness for the loss of the CUBE???!!
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
markmullan

So sorry about the death in your family.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
markmullan

My condolences and sympathies.