banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-28-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
T.G.

Default Gordon on Boston Rock Talk

Don't know if this has been posted previously, but just came across this podcast from November 18, 2016 on Boston Rock Talk. Go down to Podcast 75:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...t/id1013149035
T.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Gordon on Boston Rock Talk

I don't recall hearing it before.. it's from 2010..thanks for posting it. Happy New Year TG!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Sorry Tony but for me personally your well meaning post about a potentially interesting GL podcast only served to reinforce my long held distrust and dislike of anything to do with Apple or its ruddy Itunes (the last time I installed it as far as I can remember it it adopted the typical Apple holier than thou attitude and tried to take over my entire Windows media handling routines).
Anyway are those podcasts supposed to be free or wot??

Or is the definition shown for every podcast listed a blatant lie

because when I clicked that "view in itunes" link all I got was a quixotic popup referring me to the Microsoft store:-

Note that the only option shown is to visit the store even though Windws Media Player and umpteen freebies can satisfactorily play mp3s so I could only click OK and that in turn led me to a Microsoft store popup demanding the extortionate fee of $2,99 for wot should I consider be a completely free utility program that I already know can cause me a problem so where is the allegedly "free" podcast??

or was I missing something perhaps??
It is quite possible that you and I see now Char are using an Apple or other machine with itunes already installed and therefore knew nothing of this problem. If so dare I suggest that one of you download the mp3 then contrive to upload it to YouTube as a freely viewable/audible Audio/Video??
(I very much doubt if Apple or Microshaft would be sending any of the $2.99s they might receive to Gordon anyway)

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

Last edited by johnfowles; 01-02-2018 at 10:54 AM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:20 AM   #4
charlene

I have no idea how to download the MP3
Old 01-02-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
T.G.

I did have iTunes already and was able to access the program for free, John. I can try to see about an MP3 download, but suspect Apple sets things up so you can't do that. Happy new year, Char and all!
T.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:49 AM   #6
johnfowles

the simplest answer to both of you Tony and Char is that in theory at least anything that is coming out of your computer's loudspeaker can of course be recorded regardless of what Apple might try to do to nobble the sound so that prevent you doing so, either simplistically by placing a tape recorder's microphone near to the speaker. or by hooking up the audio output to the recorder or better still "internally" and digitally by using a recording program.To create mp3 versions I have successfully used two programs for Windows the very capable open source freeware Audacity , which I have always found to be quite easy to use and understand.And there are tutorials available for example
"Audacity: A walk through on the basics of editing audio using Audacity"

and a bought copy of Musicmatch Jukebox which for which it looks like old versions of are freely available for downloading (as always just ask Mr Google for help!!)

finally I suspect that the actual format of the sound coming out of iTunes is Apples proprietary m4a (touted as being better than mp3 by at least one Apple equipped Lightfoot fan I have corresponded with) but if you were to download an m4a there are plenty of free conversion programs available plus a few free online facilities that can convert uploaded files, thereby obviating a program installation altogether.

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm

Last edited by johnfowles; 01-03-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #7
charlene

yeah.. that's not gonna happen.. lol...
Old 01-04-2018, 08:36 AM   #8
Jim Nasium

I suspect my definition of "simplest" must be some considerable distance from John's.
Jim Nasium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #9
johnfowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nasium View Post
I suspect my definition of "simplest" must be some considerable distance from John's.
LOL I WAS just trying to be helpful! In fact I could have said a lot more about using Audacity and MusicMatch but I fondly thought that the two screenshots were self explanatory since both show a record button. I should have added that MusicMatch can be set so that it records from the line in source which then includes anything currently coming out of the computer's loudspeaker

I meant no one no harm