banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 06-08-2004, 06:22 AM   #1
DMD3

How loud is the music played in a Gord concert? When I was 8 yr. old, I went to a Tracy Lawrence concert and had to sit in the very back, because otherwise it was so loud I had to cover my ears. I hope Gordon does not perform that loud. In my opinion, a Gord concert should be loud enough where you can probably here over other peoples conversations(if there are any), and hear the music clearly, but not so loud that it makes your ears ring.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:22 AM   #2
DMD3

How loud is the music played in a Gord concert? When I was 8 yr. old, I went to a Tracy Lawrence concert and had to sit in the very back, because otherwise it was so loud I had to cover my ears. I hope Gordon does not perform that loud. In my opinion, a Gord concert should be loud enough where you can probably here over other peoples conversations(if there are any), and hear the music clearly, but not so loud that it makes your ears ring.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:29 AM   #3
BJ

not too loud at all...very pleasant and mellow, enjoyable. I've seen him 5 times in concert.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:29 AM   #4
Javern

not too loud at all...very pleasant and mellow, enjoyable. I've seen him 5 times in concert.
Javern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:55 AM   #5
Alberta

I personally think Gord's concerts are just a little to low in volume. That's not to say they should be ear-blowing loud, but I've seen him about 15 times, and only the Massey Hall concerts seem to be the loudest, and even they could be put up a notch. When I saw him in Peterborough about three years ago, it was so quiet (outdoors) and definitely needed to be louder. Sometimes its very hard to hear Terry as well. Just my humble opinion.
Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:55 AM   #6
Kenyon

I personally think Gord's concerts are just a little to low in volume. That's not to say they should be ear-blowing loud, but I've seen him about 15 times, and only the Massey Hall concerts seem to be the loudest, and even they could be put up a notch. When I saw him in Peterborough about three years ago, it was so quiet (outdoors) and definitely needed to be louder. Sometimes its very hard to hear Terry as well. Just my humble opinion.
Kenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #7
stationmaster

Well I saw him in Peterborough (2001)at the "Festival of Lights" and thought that he was low. I thought there might have been an equipment problem but I guess that's how he sounds!
stationmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #8
charlene

Kenyon-I remember everyone yelling "turn it up" but then there were those morons around us that never shut up long enough to hear anyway.....unlike you, me and Danno.
lol
your "concert" back at my place was perfect sounding!
i gotta pull out that video and watch it again! The Gord and Kenyon Peterborough/Whitby 2001 concerts!
was it that long ago???my goodness....I need to see a n recent pic of you!
got grad pics???
char
massey shows for Gord are perfect...I hate loud concerts and I've never thought that his have been loud.

charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #9
charlene

Kenyon-I remember everyone yelling "turn it up" but then there were those morons around us that never shut up long enough to hear anyway.....unlike you, me and Danno.
lol
i gotta pull out that video and watch it again! The Gord and Kenyon Peterborough/Whitby 2001 concerts!
got grad pics???
char
massey shows for Gord are perfect...I hate loud concerts and I've never thought that his have been loud.

Old 06-08-2004, 05:25 PM   #10
joestallion

I would also rate Gord's concerts as just a touch on the low side. I don't like the eardrum-blasting concerts either, but I do think his would be better served if they were just a touch louder.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:25 PM   #11
joestallion

I would also rate Gord's concerts as just a touch on the low side. I don't like the eardrum-blasting concerts either, but I do think his would be better served if they were just a touch louder.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:39 PM   #12
Alberta

quote:Originally posted by charlene:
lol
got grad pics???
char

I know Char! I can't believe it's been that long either. Boy, time flies. And yes, I'm done uni, but those darn grad photos are so expensive, I've already exhausted by budget on the one's for mum and dad!

Old 06-08-2004, 05:39 PM   #13
Kenyon

lol
got grad pics???
char

I know Char! I can't believe it's been that long either. Boy, time flies. And yes, I'm done uni, but those darn grad photos are so expensive, I've already exhausted by budget on the one's for mum and dad!

Old 06-08-2004, 09:47 PM   #14
Tyler

I agree that there are a bit too low, and I never can understand what Gord says when he talks. But it seems he really never speaks right into the mic.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:47 PM   #15
brink

I agree that there are a bit too low, and I never can understand what Gord says when he talks. But it seems he really never speaks right into the mic.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:24 AM   #16
charlene

scan a pic Kenyon - e-mail it to me or lisa...
Old 06-09-2004, 07:24 AM   #17
charlene

Old 06-09-2004, 07:52 AM   #18
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Then Char you will post it here won't you (with your new-found-no land skills!!)
Remember it is so simple even a doufus can do it!!:-

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:52 AM   #19
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Then Char you will post it here won't you (with your new-found-no land skills!!)
Remember it is so simple even a doufus can do it!!:-

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:19 PM   #20
Shadows53

I also would like the volume turned up at Gordon's shows...(Maybe its cause I'm too used to my DMB shows!!!LOL) But really, I definetly would like them turned up a notch or so... yet at this point I will be so happy to see him back and performing, I won't care if it's in a whisper!!!!!
Shadows53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:15 PM   #21
charlene

John-Lisa (my 16 year old daughter) was on MSN with the adorable Kenyon tonight. He does not have access to a scanner.....I suggested he borrow one....lol
He's out in B.C., finished school and working.....I'd love to see how handsome he is now...and I only wish that Lisa were about 5 years older....LOL
If the once adorable but now handsome Kenyon does send me a pic I am sure he will know how to post it here himself. He's the young computer savvy university grad!
lol
Char

Old 06-09-2004, 08:15 PM   #22
charlene

John-Lisa (my 16 year old daughter) was on MSN with the adorable Kenyon tonight. He does not have access to a scanner.....I suggested he borrow one....lol
He's out in B.C., finished school and working.....I'd love to see how handsome he is now...and I only wish that Lisa were about 5 years older....LOL
If the once adorable but now handsome Kenyon does send me a pic I am sure he will know how to post it here himself. He's the young computer savvy university grad!
lol
Char

Old 06-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #23
Alberta

Char, you are too kind! Please, you're making me blush! I'll figure out a way to get you a picture, maybe borrow a scanner from one of my friends.

Until then, you're just going to have to wonder
Old 06-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #24
Kenyon

Char, you are too kind! Please, you're making me blush! I'll figure out a way to get you a picture, maybe borrow a scanner from one of my friends.

Until then, you're just going to have to wonder
Old 06-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #25
Borderstone

I was in both the tenth and then the second row when I saw his show and I found the low level volume a great releif from all of the noisier concerts I'd been to when I was younger like,Bon Jovi,KISS,Ozzy Osbourne,Neil Diamond an.....Wait!
Scratch that last one!!!!

As long as it's Gord singing,the volume doesn't matter to me! Later!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited June 10, 2004).]
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote