banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 AM   #1
Knotty pine

I'm gonna be on the drumset playing along to the Wreck in honour of the 29 men who lost their lives 30 yrs ago....
Knotty pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 AM   #2
Gord H

I'm gonna be on the drumset playing along to the Wreck in honour of the 29 men who lost their lives 30 yrs ago....
Gord H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:14 AM   #3
<superiorsings1>

I found a site called danhall.com that has a
recording called "It's quiet where they sleep" and is a tribute to Great Lakes shipwrecks.
You can click on and hear portions of songs-my favorite is "Cooper of the Anderson." I love that someone thought to remember him as well since he died in 1993...he went back out into the storm to look for possible survivors of the Fitz. For that, he is part of the legend.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:14 AM   #4
<superiorsings1>

I found a site called danhall.com that has a
recording called "It's quiet where they sleep" and is a tribute to Great Lakes shipwrecks.
You can click on and hear portions of songs-my favorite is "Cooper of the Anderson." I love that someone thought to remember him as well since he died in 1993...he went back out into the storm to look for possible survivors of the Fitz. For that, he is part of the legend.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #5
Tyler

How is the drumming coming along Gord?

Superioursings1 - I hadn't know the Anderson went back out. Interesting, thanks for posting that. I know he had been haunted by the wreck (and from what I heard a little feeling of failure for many years even though there was nothing he could have done).
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #6
brink

How is the drumming coming along Gord?

Superioursings1 - I hadn't know the Anderson went back out. Interesting, thanks for posting that. I know he had been haunted by the wreck (and from what I heard a little feeling of failure for many years even though there was nothing he could have done).
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
<superiorsings1>

Both Captain Cooper and Captain Erickson of the William Clay Ford (who told his experience in a webcast 2 years ago; he is still with us today)
were asked to go back out and look, both ships crisscrossed the lake until they found the area of debris. Believe they got a medal for bravery for that. The Ford is retired and is at the Dossin Great Lakes museum in Belle Isle. The Anderson is still sailing! (52 years I think!)I wonder who her captain is now.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #8
<superiorsings1>

Both Captain Cooper and Captain Erickson of the William Clay Ford (who told his experience in a webcast 2 years ago; he is still with us today)
were asked to go back out and look, both ships crisscrossed the lake until they found the area of debris. Believe they got a medal for bravery for that. The Ford is retired and is at the Dossin Great Lakes museum in Belle Isle. The Anderson is still sailing! (52 years I think!)I wonder who her captain is now.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #9
Borderstone

Hey Gord,which drummer in music history would you compare yourself too? Gordon Lightfoot's maybe? :D