banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
KHester

Default All the Lovely ladies Have a great Mother's Day

Char and all the other lovely ladies may you all have a terrific Mother's Day and
Thank you for all you have done.
I lost my mine 15 years ago and I'm having coffee this morning with someone who lost his last year.

Kevin
Old 05-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
charlene

Default Re: All the Lovely ladies Have a great Mother's Day

thanks Kevin.
Sorry for your loss.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mums here at corfid.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Auburn Annie

Thanks, Kevin - lost mine in 2006, six months shy of her 80th birthday. She was SO looking forward to going to Vegas, lol.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
formerlylavender

Thanks, Kevin. Sorry about your Mom. That's nice that you're going out for coffee with your friend. Have a peaceful morning.

AA, my condolences to you as well. That's cute that your Mom was looking forward to going to Vegas.

BTW I saw Gord in concert on Mother's Day here in Delaware at the Grand Opera House - the only time Gord played here. Anyway he sang All the Lovely Ladies and dedicated it to all the moms in the audience.
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
David

Well, I just myself into a peck of trouble. We were at the inlaws awhile ago, and the subject of Mother's Day came up. My wife looked at me and said, "Yes, it's Mother's Day tomorrow, dear" (knowing darn well I'd forgotten). So to get myself out of it, I (knowing darn well I'd forgotten, too) said, "Well, we'd better call my Mother tomorrow and wish her a Happy Mother's Day!"

Fingertips in the ribs hurt.

David
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
podunklander

Happy Mom's Day to all the mom's out there and wishing best thoughts to all those who are thinking and missing their mom's too. My son is out of state, but I'll see him next weekend. And like Annie, the loss of my mom is still in the recent past (2007....a week after her 82nd bday). A close aunt passed away soon after, just before Mother's Day .

But I do have to remember to call my 'other mother', Lillian! She adopted me -calls me her other daughter, several years ago! She's so great

LMAO @Dave! good one, love it hehe
Old 05-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
Patti

Aw, how sweet, ... and thanks, Kevin. Happy Mothers Day to every Mama, Mom, Mum, Mother, etc. Sorry for all of your losses. I know that can be very difficult. I lost my Dad 18 1/2 years ago. He was just a kid, at 62. I'm meeting my Mama at a church service today. ... Not sure how things will be a year from now. She is getting some kind of a scan this month... Last year she had kidney cancer and got that removed in November. She's 76. Sun shine here today. We had snow that even stayed on the ground the past couple of days.
Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #8
David

Well, my Mom is still kicking at 87. We just had our regular Sunday aft chat and all seems ok. I lost my Dad to prostate cancer in 1985, and just like Patti's Dad, mine was at the tender age of 65. Mom still has reasonable health, though the years are starting to catch up to her. She's quite ticked that she's sank from a whopping 5'4" all the way down to 5' at best. But if that's the least of her worries for now, we are all thankful.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
timetraveler

When it comes to mums, mine can be a heifer sometimes, but when put up against all of the others that I've had to compare her with, I don't think that I'd trade her for all the tea in China, especially after having kept a truly terrible secret to myself for many decades, and when I finally told her about 10 years ago, the only reason that she fussed at me was because I DID'NT tell her. She told me that if I had told her way back when, she would've taken my word over the other persons. It makes me wonder how things would've been if I hadn't kept the secret. It took me decades, literally, to find that I could trust her, and thank God I know that I still can to this day.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
timetraveler

There is one thing that's been on my mind for ages & that is why isn't there a day for those of us who have never had children & yet have mothered so many kids? It would be nice ya know.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #11
charlene

that would be international 'volunteer' day..December 5..volunteers better the world..
regardless of what they are doing..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote