banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 01-11-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
gordon20

I haven't been feeling very well these passed few days and after returning home from Sri Lanka I have been having a difficult time trying to adjust to the time all over again. I'll tell you it takes quite a while to get used to it all over again. I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all your prayers regarding that awful stunami disaster. I can't tell you how thankful I am to have been saved by it all I'll tell you, we are so very very lucky. I have been feeing a little bit overwhelmed and a little concerned because last year at around this time I developed this terrible illness and had to be in the hospital for three weeks but you know what folks? At least this year I am taking the right medication and I am thinking positive everyday now. The problem that I am having again is this very worrying sensation in my feet. Last year I had a terrible sensation in my right foot and it was so uncomfortable it made me so restless and I just couldn't stop thinking about it. However now I am not thinking about it anymore I have all of you in my life and I have God to take care of me. I now have a little tiny sensation in my left foot but I know that will all go away soon. It all disappeared in March when I went out of the hospital. I'll tell you friends you'll just never know how greatful I am for all those wonderful nurses at Credit Valley Hospital here in Mississauga. If they hadn't saved my life I would have had to suffer all my life by it all, so thank goodness now I am on the right medication and I am feeling so much happier now. I love you all and I really hate to ask you this, but would any of you mind please doing me a small favour? It will really cheer me up a whole lot. Do any of you happen to have a copy of Pat Boone's outstanding 12 CD box set Complete 50's Recordings? If so could you please let me know? I have never heard a singer so soothing as Pat Boone and like Gordon Lightfoot, his singing is so soothing and very beautiful. It is unfortunate that Pat's albums aren't available over here in Canada but I'll tell you I would love to receive any CD's of him by any of you if you don't mind. I truly hope this is all right with you.
May God bless you and I will really look forward to hearing from you! Your friend always, Maheen.

------------------
gordon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
Aime_41

quote:Originally posted by gordon20:
I haven't been feeling very well these passed few days and after returning home from Sri Lanka I have been having a difficult time trying to adjust to the time all over again. I'll tell you it takes quite a while to get used to it all over again. I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all your prayers regarding that awful stunami disaster. I can't tell you how thankful I am to have been saved by it all I'll tell you, we are so very very lucky. I have been feeing a little bit overwhelmed and a little concerned because last year at around this time I developed this terrible illness and had to be in the hospital for three weeks but you know what folks? At least this year I am taking the right medication and I am thinking positive everyday now. The problem that I am having again is this very worrying sensation in my feet. Last year I had a terrible sensation in my right foot and it was so uncomfortable it made me so restless and I just couldn't stop thinking about it. However now I am not thinking about it anymore I have all of you in my life and I have God to take care of me. I now have a little tiny sensation in my left foot but I know that will all go away soon. It all disappeared in March when I went out of the hospital. I'll tell you friends you'll just never know how greatful I am for all those wonderful nurses at Credit Valley Hospital here in Mississauga. If they hadn't saved my life I would have had to suffer all my life by it all, so thank goodness now I am on the right medication and I am feeling so much happier now. I love you all and I really hate to ask you this, but would any of you mind please doing me a small favour? It will really cheer me up a whole lot. Do any of you happen to have a copy of Pat Boone's outstanding 12 CD box set Complete 50's Recordings? If so could you please let me know? I have never heard a singer so soothing as Pat Boone and like Gordon Lightfoot, his singing is so soothing and very beautiful. It is unfortunate that Pat's albums aren't available over here in Canada but I'll tell you I would love to receive any CD's of him by any of you if you don't mind. I truly hope this is all right with you.
May God bless you and I will really look forward to hearing from you! Your friend always, Maheen.

Maheen,

Be well!!!!!! You may be one of those unfortunate people, that do not thrive in the winter season in our climate. Yes, will pray for you.

When you feel better, can you tell us more about the CD that you made, and the radio staion inteview that you did?

------------------
Aime_41
Aime_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
gordon20

Well folks it turns out that I am having a viral infection I j ust went to the doctor and it's all going to be great! He said for me to take some adril I hope I spelled that correctly. The CD that I made has 17 songs and it is my first recording ever I made in Sri Lanka. If anyone of you would like a copy you may Email me at maheen5894@sympatico.ca and I will be more than delighted to make any of you a copy! I know you will enjoy it a whole lot!
Love, Maheen.

------------------
gordon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
charlene

that's a lot of Pat Boone!
check it out: http://www.cdconnection.com/bin/nph-...source=adwords
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
Borderstone

The only Pat Boone CD I want is the extremely hilarious "Meatal Album" from 97/98!
His "Paradise City" totally cracks me up!

On the serious side,get well soon! That goes for all who are also not well. Feel better.

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote