banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-09-2004, 03:21 AM   #1
Don Quixote

Remember when we were pushing HARMONY to get it to the top? Could we still give our new favourite album a very BIG push???
Sean
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:21 AM   #2
searam

Remember when we were pushing HARMONY to get it to the top? Could we still give our new favourite album a very BIG push???
Sean
searam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:42 AM   #3
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Sorry to say, but it's too late in the release cycle for that. With very rare occasions, an album will move thru it's up/down cycle within 6 weeks or more. It all comes down to exposure and radio air play, and unfortunately, most artists past 50 or so, just don't get added to station playlists, hence exposure is limited. "Harmony" did a lot for Gordon:1)it let a lot of people know that Gord was still around and still interested in continuing his career 2)for the first time in ages it seems, many music critics took notice of a new Lightfoot album and most liked what they heard 3)it gave Gord's fans their first new Lightfoot product since 1998
4)it reenegerized Gord and I'm convinced aided in his recovery. So "Harmony" may not have set the music charts on fire, but it was a fine exercise in writing and musicianship, and proved to Gord that he can still do it, even if an album's put together in an unconventional way.
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:42 AM   #4
Rob1956

Sorry to say, but it's too late in the release cycle for that. With very rare occasions, an album will move thru it's up/down cycle within 6 weeks or more. It all comes down to exposure and radio air play, and unfortunately, most artists past 50 or so, just don't get added to station playlists, hence exposure is limited. "Harmony" did a lot for Gordon:1)it let a lot of people know that Gord was still around and still interested in continuing his career 2)for the first time in ages it seems, many music critics took notice of a new Lightfoot album and most liked what they heard 3)it gave Gord's fans their first new Lightfoot product since 1998
4)it reenegerized Gord and I'm convinced aided in his recovery. So "Harmony" may not have set the music charts on fire, but it was a fine exercise in writing and musicianship, and proved to Gord that he can still do it, even if an album's put together in an unconventional way.
Rob1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:44 PM   #5
LSH

Very nicely said, Rob. Well put.
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:46 PM   #6
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Thanks, LSH, it's just my take on the situation. I did make a typo...I meant to say the most albums pretty much run their up/down cycle in 6 weeks or LESS.
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:46 PM   #7
Rob1956

Thanks, LSH, it's just my take on the situation. I did make a typo...I meant to say the most albums pretty much run their up/down cycle in 6 weeks or LESS.
Rob1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 06:49 PM   #8
Borderstone

Well Sean,I did see some DJ's from local radio's KMLE,a country station. I signed up to win something or other and after doing so,I told them they should really consider giving Gordon's "End Of All Time" a play.

I gave them the name of the song and CD on paper and they took it with them. Haven't had a chance to listen but I can only hope they knew I was serious.

In May,I called every possible station but to my knowledge,no one tried. The CD didn't even crack the album chart in Billboard or even get reviewed in some trade publications. Well,it's their loss (anyone who hasn't heard it that is!) Later!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 06:53 PM   #9
stationmaster

Well, Gord made it and we heard it. That's all that matters really!
stationmaster is offline   Reply With Quote