banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #1
buzzard

Default Postponement of Royal Oak Concerts

Not surprisingly, the shows at the Royal Oak Music Theatre have been postponed. This announcement was on their site today:

ALERT: Due to the recent large gatherings mandate by the State of Michigan, shows at Royal Oak Music Theatre have been impacted, and Royal Oak Music Theatre will be closed (including the box office) until April 5th, subject to ongoing reassessment by the State of Michigan.

Shows scheduled after the end date of this moratorium are not affected and, as of now, are moving forward as planned.

Our hope is that we are able to reschedule as many of the affected events as possible, but at this time there is no information on new dates. When a new date is announced, there is nothing you need to do: your tickets are valid for the new date and you will be notified.

If a show cannot be rescheduled once the moratorium is lifted, a refund will automatically be issued to the credit card used for purchase, within 30 business days.

We will follow the recommendations of local health authorities as to when to re-open. Please continue to check back on this website for updated information.
buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:39 AM   #2
Dave, Melbourne,Australia

Default Re: Postponement of Royal Oak Concerts

I assume that's because of the worldwide coronavirus crisis. Many music tours and stage shows in Australia have been postponed or cancelled too, along with the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix (at Melbourne's Albert Park) and other sporting events and festivals. The Australian Football League is playing its Round 1 games with all spectators locked out and it's likely later rounds will be postponed or cancelled. I was looking forward to attending all of Melbourne FC's games in my state Victoria and a July game in Adelaide. This is gonna kill me! And my employer has given me and nearly all other employees laptops and phone equipment to work from home indefinitely. I hope most Corfid members are enjoying better conditions where they are.
Dave, Melbourne,Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:08 AM   #3
charlene

Default Re: Postponement of Royal Oak Concerts

Nope - same thing here - March break has started for kids and everything is closed-museums/cn tower, aquarium, art galleries, rec centres, pools, rinks, nothing is open.. venues are closed, no large gatherings allowed. no pro hockey, baseball games. JUNO awards tomorrow night are cancelled.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote