banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-06-2017, 11:01 PM   #1
ellen

Default Richmond Setlist

Setlist for Richmond, Virginia August 6, 2017

Sweet Guinevere
Did She Mention My Name
Waiting for You
Never Too Close
Don Quixote
Minstrel of the Dawn
Here he sang a few bars of the Tony Bennett song Once Upon A Time and it was absolutely charming
Spanish Moss
Shadows
Beautiful
Let It Ride
Intro the band
Watchman
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - he said the changed his life and likely extended his career

Intermission

Now & Then
Ribbon of Darkness - NOBODY did "over meeee"
Sundown
Pony Man he sang Pony Man!!!!!
I'd Rather Press On
Rainy Day People
Painter Passing Through
If You Could Read My Mind standing ovation
then we had the allergy portion of the show "Vasomotor Rhinitis"
Restless "Ethereal with a capital E"
Baby Step Back rock pile/boulder
Extended version of the Elvis story, preceded by statement that he did have a drink in 2005
Early Morning Rain

Encore Song For a Winter's Night

Fastest 2 hours ever. There was a talker in front of us. Didn't kill her, thought about it. Mr Lightfoot was also super talkative and in a very good humor. A most enjoyable show!
ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:13 AM   #2
stargazer

Default Re: Richmond Setlist

Ellen scooped me on posting the set list. I agree with her comments and will add:

The venue was quite full, although I don't think it was a sell out. One reason could be that he was competing with himself, in a way. Just two days before he played the Birchmere just up the road in Alexandria, VA and will be back in Nov. in nearby Charlottesville. I was concerned when, about a month ago, local advertising increased to a level I've rarely seen in Richmond for a Lightfoot concert - even the last one two years ago. There were frequent color print ads in the local paper and TV spots.

I can't recall Gordon talkig/joking so much between songs. He seemed very relaxed even despite the allergies He was suffering from allergies last time he performed in Richmond, two years ago. This time he also offered his nasal spray to Carter who, smiling, waved him off. I hope it's not Richmond that Gord's allergic to!

The sound mix was excellent, especially from our seats in row J in the center of the orchestra section. The whole band was at the top of their form. I was delighted to see Carter standing close behind Gordon for many of the lead guitar solos. I know many of my fellow long term Lightfoot fans (LTLFs) had concerns about Carter stepping into the enormous shoes left by Terry, but Carter was more than equal to the task. He sounds like he's been playing with Gordon or decades!

There seemed to be a lot of nice new lighting designs displayed on the scrims compared to my memories of my last Lightfoot concert.

Tis was the first concert I've been to with the merchandise table in the lobby. Very tasteful, if limited, selection. A nice addition to the shows.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
There seemed to be a lot of nice new lighting designs displayed on the scrims compared to my memories of my last Lightfoot concert.
That is a quote from Stargazers review of the recent Richmond VA concert

one of a few photos taken by Joshua Hill of Red Bank NJ at the August 8 concert in Englewood NJ that he has displayed on one of the umpteen Facebook pages now featuring Gordon.
In fact the full panoply of the new display is at times stunning. At the end of the concert whilst the stage crew were taking everything down I was able to study a bit of what has been done. Basically the light show now comprises a completely new and more extensive set of more impressive slides projected not onto the previous 8 or so full height drapes but onto three new main wide rollup panels (you can see a part of one projection on part of one of the wide panels in Joshua's photo above) with a few (6??) of the original narrow drapes on either side of them. please somebody take some photos at a future concert

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

Last edited by johnfowles; 08-12-2017 at 12:44 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #4
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfowles View Post

Please somebody take some photos at a future concert
Thank You Niffer here is your single photo taken before your encounter with the Camera Police at Madison WI on Saturday and displayed by you one of the many GL Facebook pages . This picture certainly shows the three panels. Hopefully somebody else will take another showing an example of the stunning effect when the new slide projections are visible on them too

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

Last edited by johnfowles; 09-18-2017 at 01:54 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote