banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
redhead

Default Snow is a Four Letter Word

http://www.youtube.com/embed/WsOMeru8pxQ

redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Snow is a Four Letter Word

Love Bowser and Blue !!- they're doing the Canadian SNOWBIRD circuit and their shows. Liona Boyd does them sometimes too... (I'm a member of CARP..lol)

I enjoy their XMAS tunes - especially 'Hey Santa Claus'... not quite as PG as this tune..
search it on youtube-there's many others that aren't on their own channel.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Well that was pretty funny!!!
I especially liked the views of what are presumbly Forida beaches with a light snow coveriing
It reminded me that back in 1969 when I was happily working for Rolls Royce Canada in Montreal, having earlier been the RR Service Rep (engineer) for one engine type (the Tyne turboprop) with Air Canada at their Dorval base for three years I was considered experienced enough to be appointed the Rep for the then new RR RB211 as fitted to the then new Lockheed L1011 Tristar that Eastern Airlines (a new RR customer)had just ordered and I would have been based at Eastern's Miami headquarters

However I figured that life with a new RR customer monitoring a new plane with new engines would most likely be too challenging., and moreover by then I had become addicted to skiing (in the winter in Montreal one either skated or skied or slowly went insane!!) and I could not bear to think of living in the heat of Florida without easy access to any skiiing facilities!
instead I took up the offer by an old schoolfriend to get his new heating materials supply company off the ground. So I said sorry to RR and returned to the UK where I worked hard at being Managing Director for the next thirty years until a stroke and marriage in 2000 transformed my life.
It amused me no end last week to hear the complaints on New York radio and tv when the temperature in Central Park hit a new record low of -6°F, breaking the previous record set in 1896
I well remember one Saturday morning in 1966 it was -24°F and I had to push my badly frozen car downhill a few feet from its outside parking space into the warm inside garage of my Dorval apartment block to let it get warm enough to start then went up into the Laurentians for a day's skiing, there the temp started -40°F and as I was the only one of my ski class of ten who turned up I had a simply splendid one to one lesson with the instructor. We kept at it for a couple of hours then thankfully retired to the bar but boy did I learn a lot that day!!

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #4
Affair on Touhy Ave.

Never liked the wintertime either. Except maybe as a kid.

If I hear someone who's originally from the south or west and later end up living in the northern part of the US, I wonder why did they leave behind all that warm weather?
Affair on Touhy Ave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #5
redhead

I've just now, gotten a chance to respond to everyone's comments.

@Char: I will check out more of Bowser and Blue's video's on youtube, at your suggestion. The one fellow reminds me of the late, great Leslie Nielsen!

I'm assuming that C.A.R.P. is the Canadian equivalent of A.A.R.P.? I keep lying to myself about being waaay too young to become a member, lol! All kidding aside, I plan on capitulating this year.

@Sir John: Hindsight being 20/20, do you feel you made the right decision in returning to the U.K, or would you have taken the job in Florida if you had it to do over again?

@Affair on Touhy Avenue: Geographically, I feel your pain. How close to O'hare Airport are you?

Thanks for the comments, everyone.
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #6
charlene

and Leslie was another Canuck!
lol
yep-CARP is for retired folks...ha..as if..
lol
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote