banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
Doug

Send a message via AIM to Doug

Since my dream to see Gordon at 7 Springs literally got washed out I'm desperately trying to find an alternative - soon!
I looked at his remaining tour schedule for this year and might be able to go to Orillia in Dec. Are tickets for this show already on sale?

Is anybody here planning to be there???
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
Claudia

Send a message via MSN to Claudia

Since my dream to see Gordon at 7 Springs literally got washed out I'm desperately trying to find an alternative - soon!
I looked at his remaining tour schedule for this year and might be able to go to Orillia in Dec. Are tickets for this show already on sale?

Is anybody here planning to be there???
Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
charlene

tix are long gone. there are some ticket sites on-line that may have some. last i saw they were $180.00 a piece.
i'll be there with my ticket from 2002!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #4
charlene

tix are long gone. there are some ticket sites on-line that may have some. last i saw they were $180.00 a piece.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
Doug

Quote:
Originally posted by charlene:
Yeah, I called them today and heard, they're sold out. And when I checked other websites I got indeed ticket prices ranging between $180 and $250. And as much as I want to see Gordon, this is too much, especially since I have to add a flight.
Well, looks that I have to wait for next year, too bad. But hopefully he is coming to Minnesota in 2006 and I don't have to travel that far.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #6
Claudia

Quote:
Originally posted by charlene:
Yeah, I called them today and heard, they're sold out. And when I checked other websites I got indeed ticket prices ranging between $180 and $250. And as much as I want to see Gordon, this is too much, especially since I have to add a flight.
Well, looks that I have to wait for next year, too bad. But hopefully he is coming to Minnesota in 2006 and I don't have to travel that far.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:02 PM   #7
thermodynamic me

Claudia,

It's a long trip for you, but there are still plenty of seats available for the October 20 show in Northampton, MA. Northampton is about 45 minutes north of the Hartford airport. Northwest has direct flights to/from Hartford from Minneapolis. Anyway, here is a link where you can check ticket availability:

http://www.iheg.com/calvin_theater_main.asp

Good luck. I'm sorry your show was cancelled. Hopefully we will have better luck on October 20!
thermodynamic me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:02 PM   #8
BuddyP

Claudia,

It's a long trip for you, but there are still plenty of seats available for the October 20 show in Northampton, MA. Northampton is about 45 minutes north of the Hartford airport. Northwest has direct flights to/from Hartford from Minneapolis. Anyway, here is a link where you can check ticket availability:

Good luck. I'm sorry your show was cancelled. Hopefully we will have better luck on October 20!
BuddyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #9
Doug

Quote:
Originally posted by BuddyP:
Claudia,

Hi,

thanks for the link! Unfortunately, Thursdays doesn't work too well for me, since my husband is quite often out of town and can't make the Babysitter in the middle of the week and all family is in Germany...:-(
I guess, I'll just pay attention if some tix will become available on eBay or wait until his schedule for 2006 is announced. Maybe I'll be as lucky as for the 7 Springs concert and can grab a front row seat.
In the meantime I hope everybody will post detailed reviews for the next shows!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #10
Claudia

Quote:
Originally posted by BuddyP:
Claudia,

Hi,

thanks for the link! Unfortunately, Thursdays doesn't work too well for me, since my husband is quite often out of town and can't make the Babysitter in the middle of the week and all family is in Germany...:-(
I guess, I'll just pay attention if some tix will become available on eBay or wait until his schedule for 2006 is announced. Maybe I'll be as lucky as for the 7 Springs concert and can grab a front row seat.
In the meantime I hope everybody will post detailed reviews for the next shows!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 03:54 PM   #11
Iron

Claudia,
Check on E-Bay(just write in Gordon Lightfoot)
from time to time.Many times for whatever reason ,People have to give up their tickets and they usually end up on E-Bay.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #12
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

Claudia, consider going to the Westbury concert. Tickets only went on sale this month, and the concert is poorly advertised (read not). Last I looked, it wasn't on the venue's web site yet.

If you have an American Express Gold Card, you can get even better seats, but even the regular tickets sales (on Ticketmaster) produce very good seats. From what I can tell, nobody we know is going to it (I mentioned the concert here and nobody said a word - kind of made me wonder why I posted).
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 06:42 PM   #13
Doug

Quote:
Originally posted by vlmagee:
Claudia, consider going to the Westbury concert. Tickets only went on sale this month, and the concert is poorly advertised (read not). Last I looked, it wasn't on the venue's web site yet.

If you have an American Express Gold Card, you can get even better seats, but even the regular tickets sales (on Ticketmaster) produce very good seats. From what I can tell, nobody we know is going to it (I mentioned the concert here and nobody said a word - kind of made me wonder why I posted).
Hi Val,

thanks for the tip, just checked out the site and indeed, there are still very good seats available. On the negative site: It's on a Thursday and I can't rely on my husband being in town to watch the kids. But I'll talk to him, maybe we can come up with a solution. He knows, how frustrated I was with 7 Springs concert.

Claudia
Old 08-23-2005, 06:42 PM   #14
Claudia

Quote:

Hi Val,

thanks for the tip, just checked out the site and indeed, there are still very good seats available. On the negative site: It's on a Thursday and I can't rely on my husband being in town to watch the kids. But I'll talk to him, maybe we can come up with a solution. He knows, how frustrated I was with 7 Springs concert.

Claudia
Old 08-24-2005, 05:27 AM   #15
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Quote:
From what I can tell, nobody we know is going to it (I mentioned the concert here and nobody said a word - kind of made me wonder why I posted).
Hi Val,

It's always great to hear from you, on whatever subject, don't wonder just keep posting.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:33 PM   #16
byKimberly

Send a message via AIM to byKimberly

I have extra tickets to the Bay Area Gordon Lightfoot shows for sale at the
original price paid for them:

2 Gordon Lightfoot Tickets
Tuesday September 13, 2005 8:00 PM
Montalvo Garden Theater
15400 Montalvo RD
Saratoga, California
Seat location: section ORCH, row M, seats 37-38
Original Ticket Value plus Parking and all their Handling
$177.55 Total

2 Gordon Lightfoot Tickets
Wednesday September 14, 2005 8:00 PM
Nob Hill Masonic Temple
1111 California at Taylor
San Francisco, California
Row K Seats 3 & 5
Original Ticket Value plus Handling
$140 Total

Contact me if interested:
graphicsbykimberly at earthlink dot net
--
Painting a dreamscape . . .
Old 08-25-2005, 04:37 AM   #17
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

Thanks Bill. I appreciate that!
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:17 AM   #18
redheart

Hi there, I will be attending the Orillia show. The tickets for this show sold out the same day as they went on sale. I was very lucky to get balconies. Good luck in your search.
redheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:17 AM   #19
StingRay

Hi there, I will be attending the Orillia show. The tickets for this show sold out the same day as they went on sale. I was very lucky to get balconies. Good luck in your search.
StingRay is offline   Reply With Quote