banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-27-2000, 03:09 AM   #1
Tom

Thanksgiving weekend was great this year. Seen Jim Carrey in "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" & Gore didn't steal the US Presidency!! Canadian Jim Carrey is the funniest actor...he made a new classic with The Grinch. Anyone have any Christmas sites, as we head into December? Check-out www.insidetheweb.com/mbs.cgi/mb1229587

------------------
"...If YoU fEeL iT yOu BeTtEr BeLiEvE iT, yOu'Re GoNnA sEe It, YoU nEeD tO kNoW/iT iS rIsInG lIkE a FeAtHeR, dIpPiNg & DaNcInG fRoM bElOw/ThErE's A nEw WaVe ThAt Is BrEaKiNg In ThE wAkE oF a PaSsInG sHiP/eVeRy NaTiOn'S gOnNa Be ShAkEn, PuT iT tOgEtHeR, dOn'T lEt It SlIp..."
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2000, 09:33 PM   #2
supaiblue

In the interest of generating some controversy/discussion I submit an opinion. While I've heard the grinch is a great movie, Jim Carrey has never thrilled me. I have felt that his zaniness is not natural and seems forced as compared to Robin Williams who is absolutely as whacky in real life as he is on film. It seems to me that Jim Carrey tries to imitate Robin and in doing so is not a natural. The original grinch is one of my all-time favorite stories/movie so I hesitate to see the new movie. But I'll be open-minded and will probably see it this season and maybe will report back here with a new opinion.
supaiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2000, 06:09 PM   #3
Tom

supaiblue,
I really enjoy Jim Carrey's movies. I just finished watching the dvd of "THE TRUMAN SHOW" again & he was able to really do some straight acting...it was more of a tragedy than comedy. His portrayal of "The Grinch" reminded me alot of his "Mask" character. It generally follows the cartoon version...except that "Cindy Lou Who" plays a much bigger role. I hope to see it again, it's worth seeing twice.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote