banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-12-2005, 07:49 AM   #1
GitarGrl

I am reading a biography of Johnny Cash and I understand that when Johnny had a TV show in the late 60's, he had Gordon as a guest. Anyone ever see this or know any details (songs performed, etc.)?
GitarGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:49 AM   #2
zoneranger

I am reading a biography of Johnny Cash and I understand that when Johnny had a TV show in the late 60's, he had Gordon as a guest. Anyone ever see this or know any details (songs performed, etc.)?
Old 11-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #3
joveski

i have a comilation dvd of artists appearances on the johnny cash but lightfoot isnt on it.

was it just a performance or an interview too??
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
byKimberly

Send a message via AIM to byKimberly

He did CRT and Steel Rail Blues as it was a show with a train theme. He looked mighty fine too, I might add.
Kimberly
Old 11-13-2005, 03:49 PM   #5
musky_man

bykimberly,

You are 100% correct --I recall watching it like it was yesterday. As I recall, he had to cut Steel Rail Blues a little short. Got a great round of applause.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:15 PM   #6
Dan O'Malley

Another show, he sang "Softly", and a duet with Johnny on "For Lovin' Me"
Old 01-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #7
kenny

I have an excellent copy of this program with Gord playing CRT and an abbreviated version of Steel Rail Blues. It is interesting also to watch Rick Haynes and Red Shea. Anybody interested in trading can contact me via a pm. It is interesting to me how 34 years can change a man in looks. In 71' he was Gorgeous Lightfoot and now he is Grandpa Lightfoot.
Just an innocent observation!!! This Johnny Cash show was described as #47 and was filmed in 1971.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #8
Rich Man Spiritual

I have an excellent copy of this program with Gord playing CRT and an abbreviated version of Steel Rail Blues. It is interesting also to watch Rick Haynes and Red Shea. Anybody interested in trading can contact me via a pm. It is interesting to me how 34 years can change a man in looks. In 71' he was Gorgeous Lightfoot and now he is Grandpa Lightfoot.
Just an innocent observation!!! This Johnny Cash show was described as #47 and was filmed in 1971.
Rich Man Spiritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:38 AM   #9
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Man Spiritual:
And 34 years ago, Johnny Cash didn't look bad, either, and now he's dead. Too bad we can't all eternally stay 28 years old.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #10
kenny

[/qb][/QUOTE]And 34 years ago, Johnny Cash didn't look bad, either, and now he's dead. Too bad we can't all eternally stay 28 years old. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Of course you are correct, BUT I am sure that the cigarettes, booze, drugs and lack of sleep didn't help to prolong the looks, life and voice of either.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #11
Rich Man Spiritual

[/qb][/QUOTE]And 34 years ago, Johnny Cash didn't look bad, either, and now he's dead. Too bad we can't all eternally stay 28 years old. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Of course you are correct, BUT I am sure that the cigarettes, booze, drugs and lack of sleep didn't help to prolong the looks, life and voice of either.
Rich Man Spiritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #12
alinharrisburg

Just to let you wonderful people know that a new movie called "Walk The line" about Johnny Cash is really good. I loved the music and tells of Cashs early days. I have since bought the 4-CD box set called CASH and let me tell you its AWESOME!
The guy is a legend and his songs Im sure most of you Lightheads would also love. Good ole roots music! Cash put out over 100 albums and wrote well over a thousand songs!.
FYI
alinharrisburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #13
paddletothesea2

Just to let you wonderful people know that a new movie called "Walk The line" about Johnny Cash is really good. I loved the music and tells of Cashs early days. I have since bought the 4-CD box set called CASH and let me tell you its AWESOME!
The guy is a legend and his songs Im sure most of you Lightheads would also love. Good ole roots music! Cash put out over 100 albums and wrote well over a thousand songs!.
FYI
paddletothesea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:41 PM   #14
Molly

I was a great movie! I am not a Joaquin Phoenix fan but he was dead on in that movie. Fabulous. I will be saving for that box set too, I bet it is great.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:37 AM   #15
SeattleRain

Quote:
Originally posted by paddletothesea2:
I have since bought the 4-CD box set called CASH and let me tell you its AWESOME!
FYI
If you are refering to the black cloth bound set "CASH UNEARTHED" I concur, produced by Rick Rubin, a masterpiece, 5 CD's plus a booklet. Some really great music by the great man.

If you refering to another CD, I apologise. But think about getting this one, you will not regret it.
SeattleRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:37 AM   #16
Jim Nasium

Quote:
Originally posted by paddletothesea2:
I have since bought the 4-CD box set called CASH and let me tell you its AWESOME!
FYI
If you are refering to the black cloth bound set "CASH UNEARTHED" I concur, produced by Rick Rubin, a masterpiece, 5 CD's plus a booklet. Some really great music by the great man.

If you refering to another CD, I apologise. But think about getting this one, you will not regret it.
Jim Nasium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:46 AM   #17
SilverHeels

<<Too bad we can't all eternally stay 28 years old.>>

Cathy, I thought we did
Oh - hang on - I forgot. We are all 39, forever. Right?
LOL
Old 01-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #18
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

I was doing great at staying 39 until August 6th. I had a bit of a set back. Now, I feel 39 until about 6PM. Then I quickly age to about 70 and fall asleep watching TV.