banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 09-25-2003, 07:24 PM   #1
Borderstone

I had the peculiar dream last night of walking in the evening in an old neighborhood I used to work in. As far as most of Phx. goes,it's basically the low rent district. I saw all these different people that resembled the same kind of people there. They were acting very spookily and confrontational twords me. I started walking faster and looked up at the sky. It was night but the sky seemed to resemble flourescent lighting! Nothing happened after that because I woke up. (late for work:rolleyes What's a wild,weird or wacky dream you once had? (Note to the guys:Keep it at least PG-13 )Been me,later!

------------------
Borderstone - AZ's answer to GL! (but what was the question?)
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

Last October, my house got smashed into by a 3/4 ton pickup doing 40 mph and both the pickup and the house were pretty much totaled, but amazingly, nobody got hurt. Anyway, I was staying with my brother for the winter, living in an efficiency apartment in the basement of his house. A few months later, my beloved 11 year old Doberman, Snoop, suddenly died of a heart attack. I had a hard time dealing with the loss. In my mind, I kept seeing him everywhere and it would glaringly hit me that he was gone. One night, shortly after I had turned in and drifted off to sleep, I had a very strange dream. In the dream, I could hear the water pump making a very loud whining noise. My brother came down the stairs, cussing and making quite a deal over the __ ___ water pump. I asked him if he needed any help and he said no, he just had to prime the pump. Then I saw Snoop get up off his pillow bed and growl (at this point he'd been dead for at least 3 months, but in the dream he was very alive). The next thing I knew, I heard growling and snarling, and something jumped across the bed, right across my shoulders, and pinned me down. My fist reaction was that it was my brother trying to scare the h*ll out of me. I think I may have been talking in my sleep, saying, "Cut it out. Get off me! This isn't funny, Aaron, get off!" I squirmed around far enough so I could see the silhouette of a head, just black shadows, as it was very dark in the room, the shape of the head looked like Aaron's, but the face was frightening! The skin had been charred like a burnt piece of meat, cracked with pink flesh sticking out, and the eyes were glowing red. At this point, I think I may have been suffering from sleep paralysis, because I couldn't move a muscle, and was attempting to scream for help, but could only get a light, airy whisper to come out. Finally, I slowly started to wake from my nightmare, but it took a couple minutes for me to get back to normal and be able to move again. It was almost like I had to thaw out. Incidently, my neck and shoulders were quite lame the next day. I think I must have put up a pretty good fight!
This dream definitely had a lot to do with Snoop's death, and also the club fire in Rhode Island, as I had been following it closely on the news. It was definitely the scariest, weirdest dream I've ever had, and I hope to never have one like it again.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com

[This message has been edited by Cathy (edited September 27, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Cathy (edited September 27, 2003).]
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 10:45 AM   #3
Rick Mundane

I read this post earlier, and according to my list of posts there is 1 reply. I call it up, no reply. Sadly I have nothing to add. all my dreams are nightmares.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:46 AM   #4
Rick Mundane

Now would you believe it? It hit Submit Reply, and up pops Cathy's post.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:51 AM   #5
Rick Mundane

Cathy, having just read your post, my first post sounds insensitive. I apologise. Your post was not on my screen when I wrote it, sorry.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:50 PM   #6
brink

Cathy, that is the worst nightmare I have ever heard. I have had dreams/nightmares where I can't speak or move but I don't think with that intensity. I remember when my husband died, about two weeks later I went to the kitchen to make coffee and looked through the serving window and he was on the couch playing a video game, very real and he looked smiled and continued playing the game. I went on to make coffee, turned to say something and remembered he was dead, I looked and he was gone. As with your beloved Snoop, I think Tex was letting me down easy.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:52 PM   #7
Borderstone

Aside from kid nightmare's that I outgrew,here's one of the scariest. I had this one in Aug. of '85. I'm walking along somewhere in Phoenix where there are no buildings. Just grass and dirt. I look a certain direction and there's these four men or five and their wearing dark sunglasses & suits. They're carrying shotguns and somehow I know they're looking for me and my family. In the course of the dream I can hear the Tears For Fears song,"Shout" everywhere I go. I'm running home and when I get there I tell my family to hide quickly. I duck into my Mother's closet but they dont do what I said. Next thing is,the closet door rolls open sharply and it's one of those guys. "C'mon!" He screeches at me. I can't really bring myself to describe the rest but let's just say,"eliminated" one by one and not just with their guns either. I then woke up to find my brother had left the stereo on and,"Shout" was playing. I went out into the kitchen and my Mom was at the table and even though I was 17 at the time,I put my head on her lap and bawled! (Bad then,embarrasing now. ) Well,I think for my next post I'll talk about one that was wacky instead. I'm giving myself the chills. Later!

------------------
Old 09-30-2003, 12:18 PM   #8
DMD3

Borderstone: You must've been even more of a wuss tham me!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:17 PM   #9
Borderstone

I am certainly no wuss! Vivid nightmares catch us all off guard and you are no exception,ya smart alek! : Just wait,one night you'll go to bed and wake up feeling like you've been hounded by Freddie K! ///

On a more positive note:I once had a wonderful dream about the 1st girl I ever loved. She was in my 5th grade class and I went absolutley bonkers for her. I went around school making a nit-wit of myself trying to be impressive.

Anyway,one night I went to sleep and dreamed that I had a date with her and was preparing a romantic dinner. (Pretty odd since I couldn't cook yet and had no real idea of romance yet.)

While getting it ready,I told my family to please leave so we could be alone. They wouldn't leave so I made them vanish! In no time at all she arrived looking as pretty as she did at school! We sat down to dinner,looking goofy-eyed across the table and then held hands. :

When we were done,still holding hands,I made music come from the stereo (one of those hulking ones that were a prize on The Newlywed Game). We started some kind of slow dance and we danced through the house to my room. Being only 10 all that happened ws we sat on thvery edge of my bed and kissed.

Then,as if a perfect end to the dream,the door slowly closed by itself and then (the wacky part) the whole house blasted off like a skyrocket! I kid you not! I have always had a very vivid imagination,especially as a kid. Well,it's been me and...wait! What's that rumbling? Oh,my! The library's ready for take-off! Yaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

[ September 17, 2006, 18:50: Message edited by: Borderstone ]
Old 10-01-2003, 12:19 PM   #10
DMD3

Weird.
Actually I've drempt about Freddy Cougar once but we were just talking. He wasn't trying to get me or anything.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:56 PM   #11
Borderstone

Maybe he was trying to bore you to sleep!

------------------
Old 10-05-2003, 10:09 AM   #12
Auburn Annie

Okay, just this morning I had a Gord dream, first ever, and as dreams are, bizarre in its own peculiar way. He was in my home town, performing at a non-existent venue somewhere on the west-central side of town. It was a very small auditorium and I had a sense that it was not an actual concert but a trial run of some sort. Anyway, he sang one song in the best voice I’ve heard in 20 years, very short (a couple of verses) - and not a song that exists outside this dream. Wish I could remember any of it because it was lovely. He finished, a bit abruptly, and exchanged a look with the guys in the band, then announced he was sorry but he was going to have to cut this short, then left the stage.

Something about the look and the quick exit made me uneasy so I took off looking for him. Somehow I knew just where to look, elevator to the third floor, turn right, last door at the end of the hall. The door was slightly ajar. I stepped in and Gord was lying down on a small cot with a navy blue throw over him. It looked like he was sleeping so I quietly backed toward the door but he woke and motioned me to him. We exchanged some conversation along the lines of me being concerned and him dismissing it as him being just a little tired and needing to conserve his energy. Then he asked me if I knew Peggy and apparently I understood who he was talking about, a tall red-headed woman. I knew she was at some function at our local Holiday Inn, and he told me to go to her and ask if she still had tape left. Whether he meant audio or video tape, I don’t know but he seemed to want to tape something and there was a kind of urgency to the request so I assured him I’d find her and bring her back.

I walked to the HI and found her (along with a number of Lightheads). We rode back in her lime green VW - the steering wheel was on the right, and I was the passenger on the left, with all sorts of stuff piled high on my lap. As she parked the car and got her gear, I told her where he was staying and headed up to let him know Peggy was here. There was some young Asian woman literally throwing herself on him when I got there (named Yeung Li - don’t ask me why I remember THAT) who melted away when I arrived. I sat on the floor by the head of the cot where he was still resting and told him Peggy was on her way. Then the guys from the band drifted in and said “Hi, Annie” even though we’d never been introduced. Gord and I chatted for a few minutes, then he asked where Peggy had got to; he was right, she should have been right behind me. So I went downstairs to see what had become of her, only to find out she’d fallen ill and been taken to the hospital.

So everybody (Gord, the band, the other Lightheads who had followed us from the Holiday Inn) drove to the local ER. I checked with the night registration clerk to see who was on duty, and it was the ER director, Dr. C. (a good guy BTW). Somewhere en route, “Peggy” had become our Val. I went back to the treatment rooms to get more info while one of the Lightheads gave the clerk Val’s address and phone. Don’t remember what happened to her except that she needed surgery and I knew the surgeon on call. Gord went in to see her while I kibitzed at the nurses station. Then I woke up (sorry Peggy/Val - don’t know what happened.) This actually is a more logical dream than most of mine. I do wish I could remember what Gord and I talked about, though.

[This message has been edited by Auburn Annie (edited October 05, 2003).]
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 06:20 PM   #13
Borderstone

Except for the presence of the woman named Peggy actually being in town,I can't explain that dream. It's funny to me though that the Asian woman was named Yeung Li. The 1st name sounds like "young" and her last name could be an abbreviation for "Li-ghtfoot". Get it? Maybe that means you sort of wish Gordon was his old youthful 60's-70's self again. When she disappeared,so maybe did young Lightfoot? I'm guessing of course. Only you could properly decode and define what it all meant.

I've had dreams where I met famous people too. I once dreamed that I went out walking in the middle of the night to a fast food drive through that was a little over a block from our house. The place was deserted as it should be but then,next thing I see is a long dark purple limo pull into the ordering lane. The light in that window came on and whoever this was got service. I wondered,who the heck could that be to garner such attention. Well,it must have been taking awhile to get the order ready because the person in the back stepped out and I instantly recognized him as....Jimi Hendrix! I kid you not! I remember walking up to him but I don't recall the conversation except he said that something or other was "groovy" and that I was "cool man". I guess right after that the order was ready. He got back in and they drove off. I must've ate something off the mark! Crazy but cool! Later!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited October 05, 2003).]
Old 10-06-2003, 07:40 PM   #14
DMD3

Just the other night, I had a Gord related dream too! I saw the girl I have a crush on in my dream and she was right in front of me staring right at me and smiling. This went on for the entire dream. But not long before I woke up, 'As Fine As Fine Can Be' started playing. And when I did wake up but I was still barely awake, 'As Fine As Fine Can Be' was stuck in my head. At that point I was scared. I thought she had died in a car wreck or something and was trying to say good-bye. But later that day I found it wasn't true. What a relief.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:04 PM   #15
Char1

dream analysis: www.freakydreams.com
or http://petrix.com/dreams

have fun!
Char
Char1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:00 AM   #16
Borderstone

Hey Annie! If you're out there,I have a bit of a re-interpretaion of your Gord dream.

I had said that Yeung Li stood for Young Lightfoot,you had said he was singing in the best voice he's had in 20 years and while lying down he said he needed to record something. Also,Yeung Li throws herself onto him in the dream and also you go and find Peggy and a bunch of Lightheads.

Now originally,I interpreted that as you wishing Lightfoot was simply young again.
...but in re-reading I realize that his needing to rest was his upcoming operations. His great voice,Yeung Li and the need to record something might have actually been a prediction that Gordon's new Harmony CD (as well as hospital rest)would give his career and himself a new youthful energy.

The recording part is him working from the hospital bed. The Lightheads are you and all of us here and all of his fans in general wanting him to recover and return to the professsion he loves. As for the Peggy/Val thing,I can't figure that one out.

Your backstage conversation with Gord? Maybe it's not so much that the content is important but that in the dream your getting to be up close and personal with him in conversation,although not under the best circumstances. Maybe,it's wanting to meet or talk with him at that time due to his illness and not knowing if he'd return?

Anyhow,I believe it all makes sense that way and speaking of dreaming,I'm off to bed! G-Night! <---also sleeping.

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited August 19, 2004).]