banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-15-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
RM

To all,

Over the years, I've noticed that there are many musicians on this board. The only ones that I'm aware of that include their website are Cathy and Talbot10. Here's what I envision :

A thread that would consolidate the likes of Mike Dixon, marc in maine, lighthead2toe, etc. to provide links to their music, if such links exist. So, if you have some of your own music floating around the internet, let us hear it.

Just a thought,

RMD
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
LSH

Can you hum a few bars of that for us Mike?
ROFLMAO...
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:38 AM   #3
RM

Mike,

I feel the need to apologize.....but I don't know why. Your posts regarding the "guitar" have always been interpreted as informed. If I have armed the enemy, I am very sorry. I was simply hoping to hear some music from those who have signaled an interest in making it.

I'm out of the loop on this one. CHIN UP !, and quit crying.

RMD
Old 08-16-2006, 06:06 AM   #4
charlene

oh dear....
Mike you may join my "AIR" band if you wish...I've been told I'm quite good at Air Guitar. Mop up the corner and c'mon out....there's always room for one more....

Another 'real' (as opposed to 'air') talent is the marvelous Ron-lighthead2toe, and there also is Jerre (of the Cumberland Trio.)
Ron doesn't have anything out in cyberspace that I recall but Jerre does at:
http://www.cumberlandtrio.com/ .
Then there is Kenyon...not sure he has anything available either but I do know he sings a lovely rendition of Happy Birthday over the phone...
lol

[ August 16, 2006, 07:02: Message edited by: charlene ]
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:45 AM   #5
RM

Charlene,

Thank you. I'm surprised that Ron Jones hasn't put his music on the internet.

The 'Cumberland Trio' link is much appreciated.

Is Mike all right ?

RMD
Old 08-16-2006, 08:05 AM   #6
charlene

Ron is kinda new to the internet and I don't think the computer he has access to has all the bells and whistles allowed for putting his music up for us.....or if RJ would know how...But if he learns I'm sure he'll share his abundant talents with us....they're not to be missed!

Mike - are you alright??? Dry those tears mate and come out and give us a rousing round of Waltzing Matilda on the air guitar...

c'mon...you know you wanna!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #7
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

We used to have a Yahoo group where we'd all take turns playing through voice. It brought in quite a few musicians, and even more listeners. Technically, it wasn't that great, though. Some people couldn't hear the music and participated only in voice chat, and many of us often got booted and couldn't get back in. We used Paltalk for awhile, but if I remember correctly, we got invaded by a bunch of trolls.
I've heard Ron Jones from somewhere... maybe a recording done at the last Massey Hall gathering.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:54 AM   #8
LSH

RMD
Perhaps you are thinking of 12-string Mike as opposed to Mike Dixon? Just a thought...I'm pretty sure my Dixon has never written an informative guitar post in his entire life...smirk..
and for those of you who think he's sad? pfft!
brink and I know enough to duck after slinging any ammo his way.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:41 AM   #9
LSH

over-actor...you'll never get the oscar or an academy nod this way...
Old 08-16-2006, 09:50 AM   #10
charlene

Cathy and I will be taking requests...
lol

oh Mike......methinks an error of identification has been made....
pick your lip up off the floor and tuck that sulk away......most unbecoming for a guitar god...
Old 08-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #11
brink-

Quote:
Originally posted by RMD:
Mike,

I'm out of the loop on this one. CHIN UP !, and quit crying.

RMD
That might be bottoms up for Mike. I think we may have to send food in for this one.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:14 AM   #12
LSH

sorry RMD, didn't mean to hijack your thread...we'll bow out gracefully now. But do ask 12-String Mike..he might be the one to which you were referring...
Old 08-16-2006, 11:22 AM   #13
charlene

Quote:
Originally posted by LSH:
sorry RMD, didn't mean to hijack your thread...we'll bow out gracefully now. But do ask 12-String Mike..he might be the one to which you were referring...
12 string Mike is Aussie Mike's musically talented brother....
lol

there are several other talented Lightfoot fans who don't post at CORFID...
Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #14
RM

Quote:
Please don't leave ! The "Mikes" confusion is the root cause, and entirely my fault. My apologies.
But if everyone departs who will be around to steer my ship of thoughts back on course ?

The posts thus far have been very entertaining and humorous.

RMD

Historical footnote : RMD stands for Ron Meason (Donkey). Donkey references one of Gahan Wilson's cartoon panels that ran in Playboy magazine many moons ago. It represents a person of average intelligence making really stupid mistakes. I have succeeded, and have done the "Donkey Squad" proud.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:23 PM   #15
LSH

We took it in good humour RMD, we both had fun with it as did several others by the looks of it.
um, just to clear up any future confusion, 12-String Mike is not related to my Mike in anyway, despite rumours to the contrary.

I suppose I will have to stop thinking of you as Reminder now...if I can...
and it wasn't a stupid mistake, we found it hilarious...and it will live in infamy for quite some time...I'll see to it..smirk...I'm expecting Warner Bros. to call anyday and beg Michael to return to the limelight...rofl...

ps. would really like to see some of your poetry/lyrics, but have an aversion to myspace...I would have to register to read...any other ideas?
Old 08-17-2006, 01:19 AM   #16
RM

LSH,

I understand the aversion to MySpace.

I appreciate your interest in my songwriting. The words are definitely lyrics, not poetry. Separated from the music, they read like a donkey's bray.

I will have to wait until my son returns to see if there is a way I can post a sampler. If it is possible, I will post it here.

RMD
Old 08-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #17
LSH

thanks RMD, appreciate it. I'm sure I am not the only one who would like to give a listen!
Old 08-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #18
charlene

Quote:
thanks RMD, appreciate it. I'm sure I am not the only one who would like to give a listen!
That's very true !!
We'd all appreciate some well thought out words!

Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #19
RM

Quote:
Originally posted by charlene:
quote:Originally posted by LSH:
That's very true !!
We'd all appreciate some well thought out words!

[/QUOTE]Well thought out words ? Oh my....it will take some time to search my database to find such an example. If I do come across any, I'll let you know. Let me remind you....I am a DONKEY.

RMD

RMD
Old 08-17-2006, 10:07 PM   #20
LSH

Well, some nice braying would be alright as well...be brave RMD
Old 08-19-2006, 10:12 AM   #21
MorningGlory

Quote:
To all,

Over the years, I've noticed that there are many musicians on this board. The only ones that I'm aware of that include their website are Cathy and Talbot10. Here's what I envision :

A thread that would consolidate the likes of Mike Dixon, marc in maine, lighthead2toe, etc. to provide links to their music, if such links exist. So, if you have some of your own music floating around the internet, let us hear it.

Just a thought,

RMD
web page
MorningGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:13 PM   #22
RM

MorningGlory,

Quite impressive. I especially liked the catchiness of "God Forgive Me", and your basswork on that one is very nice. MySpace was acting up, so the other songs kept playing erractically. I'll try again later. Thanks for sharing the music, and good luck with it in the future.

RMD
Old 08-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #23
MorningGlory

Quote:
MorningGlory,

Quite impressive. I especially liked the catchiness of "God Forgive Me", and your basswork on that one is very nice. MySpace was acting up, so the other songs kept playing erractically. I'll try again later. Thanks for sharing the music, and good luck with it in the future.

RMD
Thanks RMD. God Forgive Me was my favorite of all Tracy's new songs. My friend Dana has 3 more songs on her page. web page Tomorrow i'm sending off for the mastering and first batch of copies.
MorningGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:42 PM   #24
New 12 String Mike

OK this is 12 String Mike. At least I was 12 String Mike, or I was thought to be 12 String Mike, and I hope to still be 12 String Mike.

Any rumors of my relation to any others named "Mike" on this forum, or to those who have relations with any Mikes on this forum, have been greatly exagerated.

I don't have any digital recordings of any of my performances, rehearsals, shower singing, etc., although I'm looking at small multi-track machines as a possible future purchase.

Its been years since I did any gigging and really don't want to go there again. I'm quite content to play, learn and relearn Gord's stuff as a sense of personal accomplishment. I'm happy to share in discussions on playing guitar. I've been doing it for almost 40 years so there's a tidbit or two I might know to help others along. Its a helluva lot of fun and Gord's songs offer a nice combo of playing styles, etc., so they're wonderful pieces to work on. Add that to the songs' personal meanings, memories, etc., and that's why I hang around.

I look forward to hearing other folks and perhaps will throw one or two out there, if/when I get a recorder.

Let's all enjoy the music.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #25
talbot10

Quote:
Originally posted by New 12 String Mike:
OK this is 12 String Mike. At least I was 12 String Mike, or I was thought to be 12 String Mike, and I hope to still be 12 String Mike.

I don't have any digital recordings of any of my performances, rehearsals, shower singing, etc., although I'm looking at small multi-track machines as a possible future purchase.

Its been years since I did any gigging and really

I look forward to hearing other folks and perhaps will throw one or two out there, if/when I get a recorder.

Let's all enjoy the music.
Hi Mike,
Let me know if you need any help or advice in the digital multi-track research if you decide to go through with it. I will be glad to help you.
Bill