banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Testforum

Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
podunklander

Default You know what you can do with them dishes

lol guess I'm having one of those 'you know what you can do with them dishes' kinda day! And feeling the song.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
Patti

Default Re: You know what you can do with them dishes

Don't 'cha just love good days? I always loved that song too. That was one of my 45's when I first had a small stack of 'em.
Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
Don't 'cha just love good days? I always loved that song too. That was one of my 45's when I first had a small stack of 'em.
hell YA! It's one of my travelling songs. Nice to see the clip and I always liked Voight in this movie. And makes me want to shine up my cowboy boots and though he was heading East, I'd head West. Wait lol I don't own a pair of cowboy boots! Wouldn't be wanting to wear them to go play out in the desert...which I've been itching to do the past couple of days !!!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
Patti

Hmmm.... you and me both need some cowboy boots....for some reason. Some people just need them, right? (Like I'm not tall enough.) Got enough use out of these sorels already, I think.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
podunklander

Quote:
Hmmm.... you and me both need some cowboy boots....for some reason. Some people just need them, right? (Like I'm not tall enough.) Got enough use out of these sorels already, I think.
oh yeah and guess I miss my Frye's too come to think of it. I had 2 pair from the 70's/80's and had to chuck them 10 years ago when they got all moldy in storage (which had flooded). Way cooler than Uggs!!!

hey and talk about timing for Midnight Cowboy...I just found this coming up April 5th:

Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
Patti

Shame on you Pam! I'm laughing so hard my stomach and sides hurt. That is nuts.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
podunklander

Well, hey a pretty deep movie that was so I thought I'd lighten things up .

Don't know what got me thinking about heading back out to the desert. Oh yeah, I know. Early summer -the desert flowers, swimming and soaking in the hot springs. Ghosttowning, horseback riding
Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #8
Patti

You got me laughing. I was laughing really at the fact that you posted it rather than at the video itself.

That sounds like a real nice vacation.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
Patti

Quote:
Originally Posted by podunklander View Post
I know - gotto watch out for me just being facetious though . I don't think twice about doing dishes, I just do them. And I even always offer to do them when I'm invited to dinner at someone's house. Kills the fingernails for guitar-playing though and I hate wearing those icky gloves ! Anyway, 'dishes' is just a metaphor for everything else and people know what I think they can do with them hehe.

Don't think I can top the 1st desert vacation -that was the best. But I made a mental note of things that I didn't get to do and just haven't had a chance to. And this time, for haha's I want to spend a night in the clown hotel (if it's still around).

Lemme see what I have for pics on my PC here from the desert . WOW -sorry I guess I never did scan many photos from that trip (2003!!!). Did do a scrapbook though.
Anyway I thought it was funny that you posted the video. I usually keep up on the dishes too. Better than them piling up.

I liked ghosttowning too, etc. I never heard of the clown hotel. Is it haunted? just kidding - but it might be scarey.

I have some photos from '76 and '85. One silhouette type one that looks like my son dancing on top of a mountain. ... I'm too duh to figure out how to plug in the scanner.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
podunklander

Quote:
Anyway I thought it was funny that you posted the video. I usually keep up on the dishes too. Better than them piling up.

I liked ghosttowning too, etc. I never heard of the clown hotel. Is it haunted? just kidding - but it might be scarey.

I have some photos from '76 and '85. One silhouette type one that looks like my son dancing on top of a mountain. ... I'm too duh to figure out how to plug in the scanner.
I have some friends who stayed there because it was cheap and it's a bit of a dive and hokey....it's more for little kids. Just couldn't get myself to stay there!!! All I could think of was "It".

Never thought I would learn so much about mining and I have a lot of respect and awe for that work. Have to be very careful in these places though. Almost fell into a core that was on BLM land and was supposed to be capped!

Thought for sure I had scanned more photos and would love to see the one you have of your son...so plug that scanner in already