banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-20-2000, 06:06 PM   #1
Mary Pierce

Hello, fellow Gord fans. Can someone point me in the right direction to purchase the "Salute" cassette or album? (I don't believe it's ever been available on CD.) Or if someone is that fantastic out there that they would record their own copy and mail it to me, that would be GREAT. You can email me at my e-address shown, or reply at this site. I registered also under "Margie" but somehow can't post under that entry; guess I am not exactly computer literate these days...very out of practice since I am out of the work place and raising a toddler! Love this site and reading all your interesting comments about the Master Songwriter/Singer: GORDO! What would we do without his magical music?
Thanks & Regards.
M. (Wishing for the Salute album!)
Mary Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 03:04 PM   #2
fezo

Margaret, hi. If you dont get a better offer, I'll be happy to record it to tape for you.
fezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 03:04 PM   #3
Silver Heels

Margaret, hi. If you dont get a better offer, I'll be happy to record it to tape for you.
Silver Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 10:09 PM   #4
gathrb

Margaret,
Sorry, I can't help you. I have the album, but no longer have a record player. I haven't heard the album in years. Other than the songs from SALUTE on SONGBOOK. You will not be disappointed, it is one of Gord's finest.
gathrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 10:09 PM   #5
Tom

Margaret,
Sorry, I can't help you. I have the album, but no longer have a record player. I haven't heard the album in years. Other than the songs from SALUTE on SONGBOOK. You will not be disappointed, it is one of Gord's finest.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 10:45 PM   #6
Chris M

Margaret,

Where you live might have some bearing on this, I believe. (although I'm not certain!)
All I know is that you can't play a UK video
tape on a USA vcr, etc. Different electrical currents or something.....I assume it's the same for audio cassettes and albums?

If you are located in the USA we'll do our best to help you out.

midnightmisty

[This message has been edited by midnightmisty (edited August 21, 2000).]
Chris M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 10:45 PM   #7
midnightmisty

Margaret,

Where you live might have some bearing on this, I believe. (although I'm not certain!)
All I know is that you can't play a UK video
tape on a USA vcr, etc. Different electrical currents or something.....I assume it's the same for audio cassettes and albums?

If you are located in the USA we'll do our best to help you out.

midnightmisty

[This message has been edited by midnightmisty (edited August 21, 2000).]
midnightmisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 06:06 PM   #8
Mary Pierce

Hello, Silverheels, Tom and Midnightmisty:
WOW - you are all so great to reply and/or offer help. I wanted to log on last night but have been sick. Anyway, I used to have the Salute cassette, but it was lost in a car which was bent around a tree by an ex-boyfriend. The only thing I miss out of the whole lot (Salute, car, boyfriend) is...you guessed it...SALUTE. I have hit brick walls trying to get the cassette or album (I am, indeed from the US -- Upstate NY, actually!) ... sooo ... ANY help at all would be truly appreciated! I'm heading to Canada this week for some relaxation with my husband and son, so you can bet I'll be bringing lots o' Gord up to listen to. Perfect setting: lake, loons, woods. Aaahhh.
Well, I'll wait to get your advice regarding Salute. Thanks, again!
PS: of interest is that on past trips to Ottawa, I have never gotten lucky enough to find Salute available, even there.
PPS: Favorite songs from Salute are Whispers of the North, Knotty Pine and Biscuit City. How 'bout y'all?
Old 08-22-2000, 06:39 PM   #9
Chris M

Margaret,

We are also from the US - east coast region,
though. I'll be happy to make some calls & see what I can find. How does one survive
without "Tattoo" & "Whispers Of The North"?!

midnightmisty

[This message has been edited by midnightmisty (edited August 22, 2000).]
Old 08-22-2000, 06:39 PM   #10
midnightmisty

Margaret,

We are also from the US - east coast region,
though. I'll be happy to make some calls & see what I can find. How does one survive
without "Tattoo" & "Whispers Of The North"?!

midnightmisty

Old 08-22-2000, 07:08 PM   #11
timconnelly

Margaret,
I can also tape Salute for you, if no one else is able to. I have the album and still have the turntable as well. Let me know, you can email me privately if you want me to tape it for you. Have a good trip to Canada. I haven't been back to Ontario in 10 years since I became "Alberta Bound".
timconnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 07:08 PM   #12
Kim

Send a message via ICQ to Kim

Margaret,
I can also tape Salute for you, if no one else is able to. I have the album and still have the turntable as well. Let me know, you can email me privately if you want me to tape it for you. Have a good trip to Canada. I haven't been back to Ontario in 10 years since I became "Alberta Bound".
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 08:43 PM   #13
Chris M

Kim,

Are you in Canada? Does anyone know if there is a difference in the electrical currents
between Canada and the US? We've been to Canada many times, but had no reason to ask at those times. There's a difference between the US & UK and we can't play each other's
video cassettes, etc. Will it work if someone
from Canada tapes it for her? (NY State, USA)

I'd like to know because this is a very giving bb community and everyone wants to help each other and would hate to see an effort made in vain.

Margaret, I've called all over and have been told that "Salute" on cassette and LP is out of print. (1983?) So you'll either have to find a used record store or have someone tape
a copy. It's the only Gord LP that I only have one copy of, as luck would have it. And I'm afraid to tape it and mail it in this terrible east coast heat because it would melt the tape.

We'll keep working on it, though.

midnightmisty

Old 08-22-2000, 08:43 PM   #14
midnightmisty

Kim,

Are you in Canada? Does anyone know if there is a difference in the electrical currents
between Canada and the US? We've been to Canada many times, but had no reason to ask at those times. There's a difference between the US & UK and we can't play each other's
video cassettes, etc. Will it work if someone
from Canada tapes it for her? (NY State, USA)

I'd like to know because this is a very giving bb community and everyone wants to help each other and would hate to see an effort made in vain.

Margaret, I've called all over and have been told that "Salute" on cassette and LP is out of print. (1983?) So you'll either have to find a used record store or have someone tape
a copy. It's the only Gord LP that I only have one copy of, as luck would have it. And I'm afraid to tape it and mail it in this terrible east coast heat because it would melt the tape.

We'll keep working on it, though.

midnightmisty

Old 08-23-2000, 01:06 PM   #15
fezo

Margaret, you are now going to be spoilt for choice! LOL BTW I LOVE Biscuit City too, among others. Have a good trip.
fezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2000, 01:06 PM   #16
Silver Heels

Margaret, you are now going to be spoilt for choice! LOL BTW I LOVE Biscuit City too, among others. Have a good trip.
Silver Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2000, 05:45 PM   #17
Mary Pierce

Again, I am amazed at how genuinely NICE you all are! I guess I shouldn't be: anyone who cherishes & relishes GL's music the same way we do has GOT to be one decent human being!
Silver Heels, thanks for checking around. I have found the same answer: "out of print". KIM: if you could record your album and mail it to me, that would be great. I will cover your cost; just let me know how much and I'll forward payment. How can I email you? I'm new to this site, so I could use some guidance. I'll wait to hear from you. (Will try to check back here tomorrow, though I'm having some health problems currently and tomorrow may be a tough day...but regardless, I'll check back soon.)
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!!!
M.
Old 08-23-2000, 05:52 PM   #18
Mary Pierce

Midnightmisty,
Should actually be giving you a big thanks for checking around and making calls, too. I will get to know you all better over time, I'm sure. Meanwhile, this greenhorn is bumbling along. I don't know the technicalities of electrical current strengths in Canada, but I can tell you that when I use my (USA) blowdryer in the cottage we rent in Ontario, the power seems diminished. So perhaps there is some moderation in power? [If this is something you really want to play detective on, I'll bet Underwriters Laboratories (you know, the UL folks?) can give you an earful!]
Bye!
M.
Old 08-23-2000, 05:59 PM   #19
Chris M

Margaret,

To email anyone here who has an email address
available, just go to their message & click
onto the email icon. It's a grey envelope with a red stamp & it'll take you to their email, all set up and ready to go. There are simple instructions and it's really easy!

Good luck and have a great trip!

midnightmisty
Old 08-23-2000, 05:59 PM   #20
midnightmisty

Margaret,

To email anyone here who has an email address
available, just go to their message & click
onto the email icon. It's a grey envelope with a red stamp & it'll take you to their email, all set up and ready to go. There are simple instructions and it's really easy!

Good luck and have a great trip!

midnightmisty
Old 08-23-2000, 10:23 PM   #21
timconnelly

Midnightmisty..
Yes I'm in Canada. I don't think there is any difference in electrical current between US and Canada. It's the same. I know there is a difference between Canada and UK also.

Margaret ... I sent you an email.
timconnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2000, 10:23 PM   #22
Kim

Send a message via ICQ to Kim

Midnightmisty..
Yes I'm in Canada. I don't think there is any difference in electrical current between US and Canada. It's the same. I know there is a difference between Canada and UK also.

Margaret ... I sent you an email.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 05:00 PM   #23
James

Hello Margaret. The lack of a CD version of Salute (not to mention Dream Street Rose and Shadows) has been a major bummer, now solved by the advent of CD-R technology. I put my old Salute album on CD (clicks, pops and all), figuring Gord will forgive the copywrite violation since I bought everything else I could lay my hands on (and will get the last three when they come out someday!). So if you'd like a CD copy, I'd be glad to send you one.
Old 08-24-2000, 05:00 PM   #24
James

Hello Margaret. The lack of a CD version of Salute (not to mention Dream Street Rose and Shadows) has been a major bummer, now solved by the advent of CD-R technology. I put my old Salute album on CD (clicks, pops and all), figuring Gord will forgive the copywrite violation since I bought everything else I could lay my hands on (and will get the last three when they come out someday!). So if you'd like a CD copy, I'd be glad to send you one.
Old 08-25-2000, 05:12 PM   #25
Mary Pierce

James,
(You are more technology-aware than me, that's for sure.) Kim is going to send me a taped version of Salute. I have both CD and cassette players, so a taped version is fine.
So -- I am happy to say I'm all set, but want to thank all of you again for your quick responses and generous offers. Enjoy the rest of summer...I'll be checking back with everyone mid-Sept!
M.