banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
paddletothesea

Default Photographer here? Indoor concert shoot?

Hi all--- I got 2nd row center...so the closet ever to one of his concerts next month.
Got a ? for the photographers.
Did you guys get permission to shot indoors?
Can you give me some pointers on shooting from my seat as far as settings on my camera? I've taken some good indoor or low light photos before, but I also don't want to be shooting a bunch of photos from the front during the show. I do a lot of "hip shots" etc as not to be obvious.
Also I do NOT use flash.
Any suggestions. I'm probably going to use a Nikon D-5000 with a 55-200mm lens etc.

Thanks for the tips.
N
paddletothesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Photographer here? Indoor concert shoot?

The stage lighting is quite bright and I find at times Gord can get washed out. No flash photography is allowed anywhere but that shouldn't be a problem with the bright lights and being seated so close. I use 100 ASA on my litte Canon Power Shot 14X optical zoom and find that works..I don't know about your 55-200mm lens and settings for it tho. Good luck and have fun!!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Gord H

Anytime I've gone and brought my camera, I always waited til the last 20 minutes of the show. Before the show and during the intermission, knock yourself out. I never ask permission either!

Despite what the official theatre policy is, ultimately it's up to the performer.

I remember a few years ago at a Jann Arden concert, I got "caught" taking photos, some usher gave me a hassle about it and Jann said to me afterwards that more or less the theatre can stick their policy where the sun don't shine.. " my show my rules" she said.

Hope this helps.
Gord H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
charlene

When I saw Jann @ Massey last year she told us to take all the pics we wanted and she even took cameras and phones from the audience and snapped pics of the band, audience and down her shirt.lol
There was even a wedding proposal onstage that she was in on...awesome. I sent my pics to the newly engaged couple..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote