banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2001, 01:46 PM   #1
Pete W

Allright, i need your guys help. I was able to get front row tickets for Gordon in Miwaukee and i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. Its a kinda weird story how i got them, but i really want an autograph.

His music just turns me on so much. This seems like a really great site. And i will definatly participate in the discussions.
Pete W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 01:46 PM   #2
Amy

Allright, i need your guys help. I was able to get front row tickets for Gordon in Miwaukee and i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. Its a kinda weird story how i got them, but i really want an autograph.

His music just turns me on so much. This seems like a really great site. And i will definatly participate in the discussions.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 03:24 PM   #3
Selene

I will give you an autograph for a ticket.
Selene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 03:24 PM   #4
Martin/12

I will give you an autograph for a ticket.
Martin/12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 10:08 AM   #5
Joshua1

Amy, look at the POST from Feb. 21st, 2001 below called 'How did you meet the Band, when and HOW?' Many of regulars here gave some good advice on exactly what you need to do.

Hope it helps. Todd

------------------
"In my fashion, in my way"
Joshua1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 10:08 AM   #6
shadow

Amy, look at the POST from Feb. 21st, 2001 below called 'How did you meet the Band, when and HOW?' Many of regulars here gave some good advice on exactly what you need to do.

Hope it helps. Todd

------------------
"In my fashion, in my way"
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 03:09 PM   #7
amy

Thanks shadow. I am going to have to scope it out ahead of time and hope its not too cold. Make sure i have a camera along. I am very excited. I got the tickets the day after they went on sale. I have been going through a divorce for the past year and haven't even thought about concerts, but i was watching the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald on discovery and remembered I had been meaning to look at his tour schedule since he didn't come to Milwaukee last year and just happened to find out he was coming and there were still first row tickets.

I have been telling my friend that if he plays sundown, I'm throwing my underware up there . I'm just crazy enough. I will definatly hang out in the back though. I wouldn't be sure what to say except that he's touched me in a way very few people have. I love hearing something new in his songs all the time.

Gordon Rules
Old 03-06-2001, 03:09 PM   #8
amy

Thanks shadow. I am going to have to scope it out ahead of time and hope its not too cold. Make sure i have a camera along. I am very excited. I got the tickets the day after they went on sale. I have been going through a divorce for the past year and haven't even thought about concerts, but i was watching the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald on discovery and remembered I had been meaning to look at his tour schedule since he didn't come to Milwaukee last year and just happened to find out he was coming and there were still first row tickets.

I have been telling my friend that if he plays sundown, I'm throwing my underware up there . I'm just crazy enough. I will definatly hang out in the back though. I wouldn't be sure what to say except that he's touched me in a way very few people have. I love hearing something new in his songs all the time.

Gordon Rules
Old 03-06-2001, 05:14 PM   #9
jbt

amy,
i saw Gord in concert in Glenside, Pa., last year and was able to meet him and the band as they exited the back of building. many people were there, and a few veterans of Gord concerts who said they always waited for him outside. i even took a few pictures of him with my sister. he's very considerate.
i, too, am going to a G. concert soon. once again, in Glenside in May. i can't wait.
have fun and may you leave that concert minus a pair of underwear.

jbt
Old 03-06-2001, 05:14 PM   #10
jbt

amy,
i saw Gord in concert in Glenside, Pa., last year and was able to meet him and the band as they exited the back of building. many people were there, and a few veterans of Gord concerts who said they always waited for him outside. i even took a few pictures of him with my sister. he's very considerate.
i, too, am going to a G. concert soon. once again, in Glenside in May. i can't wait.
have fun and may you leave that concert minus a pair of underwear.

jbt
Old 03-07-2001, 09:57 AM   #11
Pete W

Thanks for the help. I'm going to find the back door ahead of time. I'm not sure what to have him sign though. Gonna have a camera for sure. I am so excited. I don't own song book yet but i want to get it before the concert. I love the song cherokee bend . I just don't even know what to do with myself. I saw the further festival in august and it was so much fun. I am a recovering dead head but Gordon is soooo fine with such a sexy voice. I just want to talk and talk and talk about my favorite music, but would hate to bore you all. Thanks for the help. I will get that autograph. Love Amy
Old 03-07-2001, 09:57 AM   #12
Amy

Thanks for the help. I'm going to find the back door ahead of time. I'm not sure what to have him sign though. Gonna have a camera for sure. I am so excited. I don't own song book yet but i want to get it before the concert. I love the song cherokee bend . I just don't even know what to do with myself. I saw the further festival in august and it was so much fun. I am a recovering dead head but Gordon is soooo fine with such a sexy voice. I just want to talk and talk and talk about my favorite music, but would hate to bore you all. Thanks for the help. I will get that autograph. Love Amy
Old 03-09-2001, 11:35 PM   #13
Janice

Good Luck Amy! BTW, you can talk and talk and talk about your favorite music all you want - we never get bored with music talk.

Janice
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 11:51 PM   #14
charlene

Amy - when you get songbook buy yourself a nice silver or gold pen in an art store. the first pages inside are black and his autograph would look great there! or even in gold or black on the front cover!
char

[This message has been edited by charlene (edited March 09, 2001).]
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 11:51 PM   #15
charlene

Amy - when you get songbook buy yourself a nice silver or gold pen in an art store. the first pages inside are black and his autograph would look great there! or even in gold or black on the front cover!
char

[This message has been edited by charlene (edited March 09, 2001).]
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 04:10 PM   #16
Val-Dreamer

I saw Gordon in Rochester, N.Y. in 1992, walked around to a side door and waited for him to come out. And he did and was quite nice about signing my ticket stub, and my two friends, then he hopped into a white limo, with a blond wearing a white fur coat. It was awesome, but I really thought he was taller...he is not. quote:Originally posted by Amy:

Val-Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 03:49 PM   #17
Pete W

I can't thank you all enough. If I can get Song book, I will get him to sign it in front like you said. Expenses seem to pile up.

Anyway... About my favorite music. One of my favorite guys is harry Chapin. Gold medal collection has been really getting to me lately. He was sucha a cool guy and the Jonh Denver rocky Mountain Collection is way better then his box set. I love jammin to Thank God I'm a Country Boy with my 6 year old. If I can teach her anything, it's going to be to love good music.
Old 03-12-2001, 03:49 PM   #18
Amy

I can't thank you all enough. If I can get Song book, I will get him to sign it in front like you said. Expenses seem to pile up.

Anyway... About my favorite music. One of my favorite guys is harry Chapin. Gold medal collection has been really getting to me lately. He was sucha a cool guy and the Jonh Denver rocky Mountain Collection is way better then his box set. I love jammin to Thank God I'm a Country Boy with my 6 year old. If I can teach her anything, it's going to be to love good music.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:28 PM   #19
gathrb

Amy,
You can talk and talk and talk about Gordon all you want. I really like his songs too! You really ought to get SONGBOOK it's cool. You gotta hear the bonus songs that are outtakes from his albums. They change your whole concept of what the original album was all about. Like "Borderstone" could have been on SUNDOWN, and it's completely different than the rest of that classic album. I'd like to get his autograph one day too. Do tell about how you turned from a dead head to a ring neck loon?
gathrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 11:28 PM   #20
Tom

Amy,
You can talk and talk and talk about Gordon all you want. I really like his songs too! You really ought to get SONGBOOK it's cool. You gotta hear the bonus songs that are outtakes from his albums. They change your whole concept of what the original album was all about. Like "Borderstone" could have been on SUNDOWN, and it's completely different than the rest of that classic album. I'd like to get his autograph one day too. Do tell about how you turned from a dead head to a ring neck loon?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:58 PM   #21
jbt

amy,
i had to respond again. i know this is a gord site, but i've been a harry fan for a long time now. i even visited his grave on Long Island. different styles but both great songwriters.
i met his brothers, tom and steve chapin, and tom said harry's favorite song that he wrote was probably "A Better Place To Be". i can't disagree.
good luck at concert
jbt
Old 03-13-2001, 02:58 PM   #22
jbt

amy,
i had to respond again. i know this is a gord site, but i've been a harry fan for a long time now. i even visited his grave on Long Island. different styles but both great songwriters.
i met his brothers, tom and steve chapin, and tom said harry's favorite song that he wrote was probably "A Better Place To Be". i can't disagree.
good luck at concert
jbt
Old 03-13-2001, 04:35 PM   #23
SilverHeels

Jbt - Gord is my hero, my big love, but
I dont think he would mind us mentioning
Harry Chapin - briefly. Just wanted to
say I saw Harry when he played London
and he was fantastic. I had the pleasure
of meeting him after the concert. A really
nice, fun guy, who wrote great music.
This is a Gord site so I apologise for
going off 'topic'. If any one wanted to continue the Harry thread, why not take it
over to 'Small Talk'.
Apologies Florian and Char. You know I love
Gord the best!
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:13 PM   #24
joveski

quote:Originally posted by Tom:
Amy,

to me it sounds like borderstone should be on ODR or COTS more than sundown for some reason. When i think of it, station master doesn't soud like any other album
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 12:13 PM   #25
amy

I was searching my simon for the best Song book price. But I was also thinking what would I say to him. His music has touched me in so many ways. Maybe I would just say thank you

I have a unique job of working with elderly Hmong and just the diversity of his music has moved me. Maybe casue it allows me to totally escape everything that is bad and helps me think how to begin solving problems.

Two of my favorite songs are Circle of Steel and that other song about the sinking ship. I forget the name. Its on the live concert Cd. I just listen to the cd's and don't always know the names of the songs.

I think i will continue the Harry Thread over in the othe discussion place and also, it wouldn't hurt to mention a few other of my favorites. Music is my passion and saves my life now and then. I am still a dead head. I just always love a good song I guess. And to me, thats writing and music that is done from the heart. Its a talent from God, created to make people be able to learn and feel and grow.