banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Ron Jones from Vancouver BC at Massey back in May did me the hono(u)r of appointing me to the custodianhip of his extensive collection of Lightfoot memoriabilia
Now in conjunction with a thread on the Newsgroup about the commemoration of 100 years of the Canadian magazine Maclean's he has asked me to display the cover of an old issue featuring our hero:-

December 1971 copy

May 1978 torn copy NOT my fault you understand Ron's dog maybe or a hampster??

A colour still from of the January 1967 Television performance from the CBC's "Memories 2005" Calendar

And for good measure another of Ron's old Magazine covers

Toronto Life June 1968

the photo was presumably taken at the same session as the one used on the Songbook booklet cover

I will be communicating with Ron to check if he would like me to scan more of his items (I could make section on my web site for it)
John fowles
We been too long together, my treasureand me

And she showed me her treasures of paper and tin
And then we played a game only she could win

And we go in search of treasure and laugh the whole night through

[ November 09, 2005, 15:26: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
brink

Hurtin' all the way to the bank - catchy title. Thanks John and Ron.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
<TC>

Great stuff! Thanks for posting it. More is good...
Old 11-10-2005, 10:59 AM   #4
charlene

I like the other article too. -
TOronto traffic chaos...nothing has changed in 37 years....sheesh...even with improved public transit.....too many cars, not enough roads, too many cars with only one person per car...no car pools....
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:06 PM   #5
Ginny

John I can't find words to describe the feeling of effectuation I am left with seeing this today. Bru sent me an email to let me know it was up on the corfid website. I'm sitting here typing with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye, and I know also without a doubt, today being the thirtieth anniversary of the sinking of The Fitzgerald it's all somehow connected. The timing could not have been better. Every year on this day I have developed a tradition that I get out my 12 string and tune it in exactly with Gord's and play The Fitz over and over and over along with the recording. It's a very different and special feeling, sort of a combination of sadness due to the tragic loss of life and joy because of the celebration of the anniversary and the sound generated in the way the music is arranged. Those chords are eerie ones and when you listed to them ring it kind of takes you right out there on the waves. John please feel free to share any or all of what's in the TREASURE with the folks. My skills on the computer are severely limited and I have no doubt that I could not have selected a better pair of hands in which to leave that material. Several of the folks in the group assured me of that. Thank you sincerely, Ron Jones.
Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
charlene

Default Re: Ron Jones " treasure trove"

Any more scans to share Sir John??
RJ must have a million things he'd like to see again..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
lighthead2toe

Default Re: Ron Jones " treasure trove"

Thanks for this John. Brings out the nostalgia to firm up all the joyous moments that are spinning around at this time.

Before we know it we'll be crossing the threshold of Massey Hall.

Cheers, RJ.
lighthead2toe is offline   Reply With Quote