banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 10-05-2003, 06:38 PM   #1
Borderstone

Back in October of 1988 on Friday the 7th,I went to the movies up here at the mall and saw,"Imagine:John Lennon" on it's opening day at 12:25pm. In fact the theater where I saw it was the one that was torn down next door to here back in May. This was the 1st movie I saw after turning 20 and it gave me a lot more insight to just exactly who John Lennon was and what he was all about. It certainly made him more human and less like this icon he seemed to be. I even had tears cometo my eyes at the point where the build up section of,"Day In The Life" plays and the film depicts the shooting by a vision of his dark glasses turning up in the air. The film was appropriatly released 2 days before what would have been his 48th B-Day. It was overcast and somewhat drizzly that morning. Seems like it was the right mood. Have any of you seen this documentary? Either in the theater or video? It's always worth watching. In a related coincidence,I finally tracked down a copy of the posthumous LP,"Milk & Honey" from 1984. I'm going to buy it Thursday. It's been me and here's to what would've been Lennon's 63rd B-Day,the upcoming day I'm buying the LP,oddly enough. Bye,now.
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:17 PM   #2
Borderstone

It's really strange today. The weather is exactly like it was on the day I saw the movie overcast and drizzly. Makes me wonder if Mr. Lennon knows I've posted these messages and seen the film on it's opening day. Well,this weekend I may go to Blockbuster video and rent it for the occasion. A couple days late but it's the same week. It's been me,later!

------------------
Borderstone - AZ's answer to GL! (but what was the question?)
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote