banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
Gitchigumee

Just wondered what the setlist was...
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
imported_Next_Saturday

Just wondered what the setlist was...
imported_Next_Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #3
aeriograph

Hello! I'm new to posting here but as John said, I've been here silently for a while! I've been a devoted Lightfoot fan for over 30 years! We had the privelege of attending the Omaha concert last Friday evening and as always the time goes by much too quickly! The concert hall seated 2,000 people and it was sold out. The acoustics were beautiful! We were in the 3rd row so had excellent seats! Gord's voice did start out a bit quiet but gained strength as the evening went on. At times, the audience seemed torn between exuberance and reverence as they listened to Gordon's familiar tunes and lyrics. One of the highlights was Gordon singing the Canadian Railroad Trilogy!

Another highlight for me was getting to meet Gord and the band afterwards! We waited for about an hour after the show and although he must have been tired, he kindly greeted each of us that were waiting!

The setlist:
Triangle
Cotton Jenny
14 Karat Gold
Never Too Close
In My Fashion
A Painter Passing Through
Rainy Day People
Shadows
Beautiful
The Watchman's Gone
Ribbon of Darkness
Sundown
Carefree Highway
Hangdog Hotel Room
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
Alberta Bound
Don Quixote
Clouds of Loneliness
Waiting For You
Ring Them Bells
If You Could Read My Mind
Baby Step Back
Restless
Canadian Railroad Trilogy

Encore:
Blackberry Wine
Old Dan's Records
aeriograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #4
Dakota Rose

Hello! I'm new to posting here but as John said, I've been here silently for a while! I've been a devoted Lightfoot fan for over 30 years! We had the privelege of attending the Omaha concert last Friday evening and as always the time goes by much too quickly! The concert hall seated 2,000 people and it was sold out. The acoustics were beautiful! We were in the 3rd row so had excellent seats! Gord's voice did start out a bit quiet but gained strength as the evening went on. At times, the audience seemed torn between exuberance and reverence as they listened to Gordon's familiar tunes and lyrics. One of the highlights was Gordon singing the Canadian Railroad Trilogy!

Another highlight for me was getting to meet Gord and the band afterwards! We waited for about an hour after the show and although he must have been tired, he kindly greeted each of us that were waiting!

The setlist:
Triangle
Cotton Jenny
14 Karat Gold
Never Too Close
In My Fashion
A Painter Passing Through
Rainy Day People
Shadows
Beautiful
The Watchman's Gone
Ribbon of Darkness
Sundown
Carefree Highway
Hangdog Hotel Room
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
Alberta Bound
Don Quixote
Clouds of Loneliness
Waiting For You
Ring Them Bells
If You Could Read My Mind
Baby Step Back
Restless
Canadian Railroad Trilogy

Encore:
Blackberry Wine
Old Dan's Records
Dakota Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:57 AM   #5
Dream Street Rose

Welcome Dakota Rose,

I am a rose too. I am very happy for you that you got to meet Gordon. They broke the mold after he was put on this earth.

Everyone here is wonderful and supportive.
Welcome to the group.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:16 AM   #6
charlene

Welcome! Great news that you got to meet The Man and the boys..tell us more!
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:16 AM   #7
charlene

Welcome! Great news that you got to meet The Man and the boys..tell us more!
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #8
Gitchigumee

Thanks Dakota Rose!
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #9
imported_Next_Saturday

Thanks Dakota Rose!
imported_Next_Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:23 PM   #10
seafarer62

Hi Dakota Rose.

Really enjoyed talking to you during intermission at the Cedar Rapids concert on June 30. Thanks also for posting the Omaha setlist. Given a choice, I would have preferred the Omaha songs over the Cedar Rapids, but hey, anytime you are in the first couple rows for a Gord concert, you take it.

Glad you already have tickets for the Minneapolis concert Sept. 22. Still waiting for word on Rochester and Duluth. Hope to hit all three.

John/Minnesota
seafarer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #11
aeriograph

Hi everyone!
Thanks for the warm welcome! Its nice to have Lightfoot fans to talk to! Thanks also Seafarer62 for encouraging me to join up here! I enjoyed meeting you and visiting with you in Cedar Rapids too!

After the Cedar Rapids show we got to meet Gord and the band again! They even remembered us from the night before in Omaha! That was really great meeting them both nights! Gord signed my Don Quixote cd- he mentioned the cover photo was taken at Potter's Farm in Toronto. Anybody ever been there?
aeriograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #12
Dakota Rose

Hi everyone!
Thanks for the warm welcome! Its nice to have Lightfoot fans to talk to! Thanks also Seafarer62 for encouraging me to join up here! I enjoyed meeting you and visiting with you in Cedar Rapids too!

After the Cedar Rapids show we got to meet Gord and the band again! They even remembered us from the night before in Omaha! That was really great meeting them both nights! Gord signed my Don Quixote cd- he mentioned the cover photo was taken at Potter's Farm in Toronto. Anybody ever been there?
Dakota Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #13
riytkale

Thanks for that great post, Dakota Rose. The setlist looked really great -- especially with the addition of Canadian Railroad Trilogy. Also, that he did a second encore was great. As many Lightfoot shows as I've attended since 1976, I've never been fortunate enough to be present at a concert that included two encore tunes. It must be the "luck of the draw" I guess. Glad you had a great time!

Tim
Old 07-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #14
Tim

Thanks for that great post, Dakota Rose. The setlist looked really great -- especially with the addition of Canadian Railroad Trilogy. Also, that he did a second encore was great. As many Lightfoot shows as I've attended since 1976, I've never been fortunate enough to be present at a concert that included two encore tunes. It must be the "luck of the draw" I guess. Glad you had a great time!

Tim