banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2000, 06:40 PM   #1
markpoker

I will be attending the show Friday March 10th in Northampton Ma and will give a review. I had planned on going to the Keene NH 3/24 show but it was sold out as of last weekweek.
Old 03-08-2000, 06:40 PM   #2
markpoker

I will be attending the show Friday March 10th in Northampton Ma and will give a review. I had planned on going to the Keene NH 3/24 show but it was sold out as of last weekweek.
Old 03-09-2000, 01:18 AM   #3
Florian

Hi markpoker,

I'm sure you'll enjoy the show and we'll enjoy your review afterwards.
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2000, 01:54 AM   #4
SHVentus

The wife and I just got back from the show.My wife has been wanting to see Him for twenty years or so.First time for both of us.It was a great show.Gordon and his band seemed to appreciate the audience as much as the audience appreciated them.Now,as I listen to one of His CD's,I can feel His personality coming through.What a poet!Go see the show when it comes to your area.Sorry man......didn't mean to steal the review.I'll shut up now.
SHVentus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2000, 01:54 AM   #5
Kevin

The wife and I just got back from the show.My wife has been wanting to see Him for twenty years or so.First time for both of us.It was a great show.Gordon and his band seemed to appreciate the audience as much as the audience appreciated them.Now,as I listen to one of His CD's,I can feel His personality coming through.What a poet!Go see the show when it comes to your area.Sorry man......didn't mean to steal the review.I'll shut up now.
Old 03-11-2000, 11:07 AM   #6
markpoker

The show was great, Gord really seemed relaxed. The Calvin Theater in Northampton about 2hrs west of Boston was sold out and well worth the ride. I have seen him in concert maybe 20 times over the past 20 years and this was the best. To my suprise he opened with Don Quixote and I was in awe for the next 2hrs. Unlike past years the arrangements have changed a little to adjust to his voice, he was much clearer and sounded great with band toned down a little. I am sorry I did not write down the set list but it was pretty much what was posted on the Troy set outside of not opening with 14 Karat Gold. If you could read my mind was still the highlight for me, Never To Close was a surprise. It was the first time I heard any of the tunes from ( A Painter Passing Through) live and sounded great. Overall the only dissapointment was not hearing Forgive Me Lord. Less than 24 hours and I am already thinking of my dream trip of seeing Gord one of these days at Massey Hall in Toronto
Old 03-11-2000, 11:07 AM   #7
markpoker

The show was great, Gord really seemed relaxed. The Calvin Theater in Northampton about 2hrs west of Boston was sold out and well worth the ride. I have seen him in concert maybe 20 times over the past 20 years and this was the best. To my suprise he opened with Don Quixote and I was in awe for the next 2hrs. Unlike past years the arrangements have changed a little to adjust to his voice, he was much clearer and sounded great with band toned down a little. I am sorry I did not write down the set list but it was pretty much what was posted on the Troy set outside of not opening with 14 Karat Gold. If you could read my mind was still the highlight for me, Never To Close was a surprise. It was the first time I heard any of the tunes from ( A Painter Passing Through) live and sounded great. Overall the only dissapointment was not hearing Forgive Me Lord. Less than 24 hours and I am already thinking of my dream trip of seeing Gord one of these days at Massey Hall in Toronto
Old 03-11-2000, 11:47 AM   #8
Florian

Hi markpoker!
Hi Kevin!

Thank you for your reviews.
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote