banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 07-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default And now for something completely different from the City of the Angels

This obviously has to go in Small Talk despite the fact that it
is partly Gord related in the sense that it is excitingly good music
I was bowled over by one of the entries in Tuesday evening's America's Got Talent.basically I have given up hope of seeing any worthwhile or interesting talent on either of the three such shows. The Voice is decidedy boring with strings of hopelessly under-talented characters, many with odd hairdos etc being praised by the same remarks over and over by the panel. Idol seems to have thankfully faded out but on Tuesday I marvelled as a choir of over one hundred gathered on the stage they then mysteriously began hand movements and then somehow the audience got in on the act then came the familiar song "Africa" (whose original version by the group Toto has long been one of my favoUrites.
Afterwards I realised that I had seen one of those magical television musical events on a par with the quite unexpected intermission in Dublin at the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest when Riverdance was sprung on an unsuspecting audience.Today I found that a video of the choir had been uploaded to YouTube and I considered that it was worh presenting on corfid.i hope that many of you will enjoy it

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
Affair on Touhy Ave.

Default Re: And now for something completely different from the City of the Angels

I seldom watch these show or at least the complete but occasionally I find some good artists.

One I like on AGT was Evie Clair who died of cancer now to long after this.

She explains this and naturally gets upset.

She released an LP and a song she wrote for him though I forgot the name

Though extremely shy and nervous she does a good version of this Otis classic.

Former AGT contestant who appears on the new AI and does a great version of a Etta James song.

Affair on Touhy Ave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:42 PM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: And now for something completely different from the City of the Angels

I know that postings on corfid have really dried up (nothing new for two whole weeks now but 64 views of this thread have elicited only the one good response by touhy?? Anyway I am working on a project with the working title of "3M_Magical Musical Moments" as a web page for my website of embedded videos that for me have a "Wow" factor like the chorale one above so if anyone cares and has any favoUrites please spout forth

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote