banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
charlene

Post your wishes for Gord here.

or

If you wish you can e-mail them to me at:
lightfootfan@hotmail.com

Char

please post only wishes and don't reply to other posts...i am printing the whole thread so i think it best to keep it to birthday,get well wishes/thankyou's only.
thanks!
Char

[ October 17, 2006, 22:09: Message edited by: charlene ]
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
charlene

Post your wishes for Gord here.

or

If you wish you can e-mail them to me at:
lightfootfan@hotmail.com

Char

please post only wishes and don't reply to other posts...i am printing the whole thread so i think it best to keep it to birthday,get well wishes/thankyou's only.
thanks!
Char

[ October 17, 2006, 22:09: Message edited by: charlene ]
Old 09-22-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
Borderstone

From Borderstone (Walter). As of 8/7/2001;
5 years a fan!:

I,Borderstone wish you nothing but the best,so that you can keeping doing what you love the best. (Just a "Lighfoot fan" hunch! :D )

I have a strong feeling I'll be seeing you in Phoenix in January.

...and thank you for "My Love For You","Pony Man","Rainbow Trout","End Of All Time" and "Sundown" which I heard at 6 in 1974.

Thank you for helping me,through your music,realize who I truly am in my heart. No matter how long I may live in the big city,I'll always be a small town born person at heart.

Just as you are always,"one grateful guy from Orillia ,
I am always one modest Walter C. from Corry,PA (Erie)

[ September 27, 2006, 18:00: Message edited by: Borderstone ]
Old 09-23-2006, 04:35 AM   #4
geodeticman

Send a message via AIM to geodeticman

Dear Mr. Lightfoot,

Thank you for the last 36 years that I've been fortunate enough to have benefited so much from your music. Your music has connected on a personal level with me in a fashion that no other music has.

Your unique talent to write and perform songs that send such powerful messages, as well as the.. as you say.. "more ethereal songs" that engender such relaxing, quietly introspective states of mind are truly priceless.

Your music has been there for me on what always seemed like a personal "talking to me" level that got me through such hard stages of life, love gone awry, health problems and other strife, and finally fuflfilled love and family. So many other fans have said this, or similar, that your music seems truly unique in this regard.

If your goal in music has included successfully weaving magnificent imagery,truly poetic lyrics,beautiful melodies,and a sense of the importance of history, as well as a vision of optimism that our world is what we make it, you have startlingly succeeded.

Thank you for bringing my wife and I together, and having passed a love of your music to my daughter who grew up with it, and will be in her marriage ceremony as well !

Most of all, Happy Birthday, and I hope your valiant personal battle with health issues resolves soon. If anyone deserves this, its certainly you. May you further enjoy performing your music for all your faithful fans, and your own enjoyment too, until the end of time.

From the man that brought the canoe paddle for you to autograph at E-Town Radio Show in Boulder Colorado in the summer of '98, all the best to you, and a heartfelt "Thank You" for your gift of beautiful and unique music. You define your own genre; in fact,you own it. May God Bless you,
Steve Dunbar

[ September 24, 2006, 22:23: Message edited by: geodeticman ]
geodeticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:58 AM   #5
GJA

I hope this finds you feeling well. Happy Birthday, and MANY MORE!!
Old 09-23-2006, 08:58 AM   #6
GJA

I hope this finds you feeling well. Happy Birthday, and MANY MORE!!
Old 09-23-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
Yuri

Happy Birthday Gord!

Wishing you a happy birthday in November and I continue to pray for your good health for the sake of all your friends and family, but in a selfish way for myself and your "internet people" community. We live to hear your next albums!

Finding myself in a hospital for months on end, I can appreciate on some scale what you went through not that long ago.

Your music has touched this old psychadelic rocker in ways only other 'Lightheads' can understand. You have helped me cry when times are bad, given me strength to fight my way back, and I've celebrated the joys of life with your songs. Your music has been the soundtrack of my life!

You (and the band) found the time to sign a 'Get Well' card for me which I shall treasure all of my remaining days... An e-mail message seems so inadaquate to wish you a happy birthday and good health after the lifetime of gifts you have given us all!

Hope to see you at Massey in November as I would hate my new disability to cause me to terminate a 25 year long unbroken record of seeing you in Toronto.

The only appropriate word in closing is...

Love,

Yuri
Bugs! - http://thunderhouse4-yuri.blogspot.com/
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:06 PM   #8
Iron

You sure hit the nail on the head there Steve!
I don't think Your thoughts and wishes could in any way be improved upon,so,if You don't mind,"Yeah,what Steve said,Ditto that for me!!
I considered a Double Dog Ditto Steve,but I just could'nt do that to Ya!!!Nice Job Steve!!

Brian W.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #9
musky_man

Gord,

You have been our constant minstrel for 40+ years. I am not sure you really know now, nor, I think, will you ever truly know, how much you mean to so many people. You have given us so much; you don't owe us a damn thing!

What we really want, Gord, is for you to be healthy! If you need some rest - then for cryin' out loud, take it. We'll catch up with you again in a few months when the arm is back up to speed ... we're not goin' anywhere!

Not sure what your "doctor's orders" are ... but your "FAN orders" are "take care of yourself"!
Old 09-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #10
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

OK we stridently hope that this unfortunate turn of events will soon pass and that you Gordon make a 100% recovery
and hoping to, see you on your birhday in your .
House of Gord on Shuter Street

And if you'd like to once again play your fabulous song that ends

"The answer's in the forest carved upon a tree John Loves Susan.....'

We know at least one young lady who would give you a huge hug if possible

John and Susan Fowles

[ September 25, 2006, 07:17: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #11
johnfowles

OK we stridently hope that this unfortunate turn of events will soon pass and that you Gordon make a 100% recovery
and hoping to, see you on your birhday in your .
House of Gord on Shuter Street

And if you'd like to once again play your fabulous song that ends

"The answer's in the forest carved upon a tree John Loves Susan.....'

We know at least one young lady who would give you a huge hug if possible

John and Susan Fowles

[ September 25, 2006, 07:17: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
Old 09-25-2006, 05:19 AM   #12
Jesse Joe

Hey Gordy, your a great man. I've been worshiping you since 1969, when I first heard, "Black Day In July." It's been all Lightfoot music from there on.

All the best to you, and speedy recovery, with the problem in your right hand.

Hope to see you soon, in concert. Keep on "ROCKIN." Happy 68th birthday, Nov,17.

[ September 25, 2006, 11:00: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:19 AM   #13
Jesse Joe

Hey Gordy, your a great man. I've been worshiping you since 1969, when I first heard, "Black Day In July." It's been all Lightfoot music from there on.

All the best to you, and speedy recovery, with the problem in your right hand.

Hope to see you soon, in concert. Keep on "ROCKIN." Happy 68th birthday, Nov,17.

[ September 25, 2006, 11:00: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:40 AM   #14
Gitchigumee

Gord,

I was given this opportunity to send you a personal message and so here goes!

Simply put, your music makes me happy. It lifts my spirit when my spirit needs lifting, it brings me to beautiful places when I need an escape, it stirs wonderful memories of days gone by, and it makes me feel certain there will be many more beautiful days yet to come. I yearn to experience the places and things you have written about, and I know your songs have helped me to appreciate the beauty in everything from a carefree feeling, to a train whistle, to a soft and fuzzy pussywillow. Your music never gets old--I listen to it every day. It gives me peace.

Your voice is like a special friend all my own. The lyrics and melodies you have given us over the years are amazing. You are a one-of-a-kind, and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you--you have touched my life in more ways than you will ever know. The world is a better place because of you.

I also wanted to send my heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery from your recent health problems. I was present during the midst of it, at your Minneapolis concert on Sept. 17th. Despite everything you were going through,what a performance you gave us! I have heard from more than one person that it was one of the best concerts they had ever attended. It was a special evening for me, and I will be eternally grateful that I was able to be a part of it.

Finally, I wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope your day is wonderful, and I know you will be surrounded by thousands of your closest friends for the concert that evening!

You will always be in my thoughts and prayers. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, and God bless.

Love,

Ruth in Wisconsin

[ September 25, 2006, 13:23: Message edited by: Gitchigumee ]
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:54 PM   #15
ROBERT SANTA

Gord,

I first got hooked on Sundown in 1974, then bought Cold On the Shoulder to see what you were up to the next year. When Gord's Gold came out, I suddenly realized I could collect your music in two directions...so I did! I found If You Could Read My Mind and Don Qixote at a Peaches store in Colorado. I found other albums in Illinois, Ohio, and Alabama.
When I took up guitar, I first learned music from you and Jim Croce.
It's been great, all these years, hearing you sing and appreciating your music. I was in Columbus, Ohio in 1980 when you were getting ready to do Ghosts of Cape Horn. Apparently, the Bell's palsy episode was not too far past, because you explained about the palsy...and then said that if the whistling part of the song doesn't sound right....IT MUST BE HIM! (pointing at Terry!). Always loved your sense of humor.
hang in there, get well, and keep on keepin' on!

Best Regards,
Gary in Dellroy, Ohio
(AKA Sputnik)
ROBERT SANTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:54 PM   #16
DellroyGM

Gord,

I first got hooked on Sundown in 1974, then bought Cold On the Shoulder to see what you were up to the next year. When Gord's Gold came out, I suddenly realized I could collect your music in two directions...so I did! I found If You Could Read My Mind and Don Qixote at a Peaches store in Colorado. I found other albums in Illinois, Ohio, and Alabama.
When I took up guitar, I first learned music from you and Jim Croce.
It's been great, all these years, hearing you sing and appreciating your music. I was in Columbus, Ohio in 1980 when you were getting ready to do Ghosts of Cape Horn. Apparently, the Bell's palsy episode was not too far past, because you explained about the palsy...and then said that if the whistling part of the song doesn't sound right....IT MUST BE HIM! (pointing at Terry!). Always loved your sense of humor.
hang in there, get well, and keep on keepin' on!

Best Regards,
Gary in Dellroy, Ohio
(AKA Sputnik)
DellroyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:14 PM   #17
ELizabeth

Gordon, I love your music and have been sustained by your lyrics at many rough moments in my life. It is my hope that your health remains good and you have a wonderful birthday!
I saw you at Wolf Trap this August. Wasn't that the hottest most miserable evening you've spent in a long time? Lizbeth
ELizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:11 PM   #18
charlene

one month today is Gord's birthday....
Old 10-18-2006, 04:00 AM   #19
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Dear Mr. Lightfoot,

If I ever decide to hop the fence you'd be my kind of guy !

May you live a long, healthy and happy life !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & MANY, MANY MORE !

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #20
Glenmark

Happy Birthday Gordon. I met you following the concert in Edmonton (I was the fellow from Spokane). I've been playing and listening to your music for over 30 years (and we all know you know way more than 5 chords!)and continue to be grateful for your gift and for your work. Thank you, and here's to many more years of songcraft.
Glenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #21
Peter Bro10

Happy Birthday Gordon,
I would like to echo geodeticman's remarks...he said it well.
Best wishes also for a speedy recovery from what ever ails you!
Peace and Godspeed,
Peter
Rochelle, IL USA

ps I hope to see you again at the Paramount Theater in Aurora IL!

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:54 PM   #22
johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by BILLW:
Bill
Err Umm I guess you have to be all tarted up to "hop the fence" as you put it eh.Bill??
Old 10-18-2006, 03:54 PM   #23
johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by BILLW:
Bill
Err Umm I guess you have to be all tarted up to "hop the fence" as you put it eh.Bill??
Old 10-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #24
GoofyGurl

Gordon,

Happy 68th!!!

A Gordon Lightfoot concert is a family event for us.

Please continue for many years to come to play live for your fans.

Thanks for being so cordial to me and my family every time we meet you.

Sincerely,
Kelly Davis family
GoofyGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #25
Kelly Davis

Gordon,

Happy 68th!!!

A Gordon Lightfoot concert is a family event for us.

Please continue for many years to come to play live for your fans.

Thanks for being so cordial to me and my family every time we meet you.

Sincerely,
Kelly Davis family
Kelly Davis is offline   Reply With Quote