banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 09:58 PM   #26
TheWatchman

Silver Springs Resort is a favorite place of ours to eat when I visit my parents. This is good news indeed.
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:48 AM   #27
violet Blue Horse

Two days! Yikes, that's quick. Did they mention how much the tickets are?

quote:Originally posted by Sheryl Klein:
Ahh, John, you're great! So, Violet, you think you can arrange to go to the Agoura Hills venue?? I just called the box office for the Canyon Theater and they said they'd start selling tickets for that night within two days. Believe me when I say I'll be first in line!! Can I help in any way?

And yes, I'm FEELIN' the love, too!!

Old 12-10-2004, 12:48 AM   #28
violet Blue Horse

Two days! Yikes, that's quick. Did they mention how much the tickets are?

quote:Originally posted by Sheryl Klein:
Ahh, John, you're great! So, Violet, you think you can arrange to go to the Agoura Hills venue?? I just called the box office for the Canyon Theater and they said they'd start selling tickets for that night within two days. Believe me when I say I'll be first in line!! Can I help in any way?

And yes, I'm FEELIN' the love, too!!

Old 12-10-2004, 01:07 AM   #29
Sheryl Klein

They're on sale NOW, Violet. It was around $25-28 (can't remember exactly) for STANDING room only. To reserve a seat for DINNER and the show (you get to sit down) was around $58.00. Then the guy said, "And when you show up, you still have to order dinner." So, I'm not sure whether that meant dinner's extra or what. I don't care at this point, frankly. I was willing to spend the money to see him in Vegas, so I'll do it locally now, whatever!! Call now!! Here's The Canyon's number: (818) 879-5016 The box office is open Tues - Sat from 12-8 p.m. I already bought my dinner tickets this afternoon. C'mon, girl, get on board!!

[This message has been edited by Sheryl Klein (edited December 10, 2004).]
Old 12-10-2004, 01:07 AM   #30
Sheryl Klein

They're on sale NOW, Violet. It was around $25-28 (can't remember exactly) for STANDING room only. To reserve a seat for DINNER and the show (you get to sit down) was around $58.00. Then the guy said, "And when you show up, you still have to order dinner." So, I'm not sure whether that meant dinner's extra or what. I don't care at this point, frankly. I was willing to spend the money to see him in Vegas, so I'll do it locally now, whatever!! Call now!! Here's The Canyon's number: (818) 879-5016 The box office is open Tues - Sat from 12-8 p.m. I already bought my dinner tickets this afternoon. C'mon, girl, get on board!!

[This message has been edited by Sheryl Klein (edited December 10, 2004).]
Old 12-10-2004, 01:31 AM   #31
silenceandsound86

Sheryl,

Where exactly is Agoura Hills? I'm up her in San Jose, and I have the feeling this is yet another So Cal venue. Am I right? Is he getting any farther north?
silenceandsound86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:31 AM   #32
Rona

Sheryl,

Where exactly is Agoura Hills? I'm up her in San Jose, and I have the feeling this is yet another So Cal venue. Am I right? Is he getting any farther north?
Rona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:53 AM   #33
Sheryl Klein

I'm technically in L.A. County (in the San Fernando Valley, near Universal Studios, if that helps). Agoura Hills is a small, hillside, upscale community about 15 minutes west of here just off the Ventura (101) freeway. It's a tiny town, actually. It's best known for the Sagebrush Cantina, an older, yet still hip restaurant/bar/dance place. I used to go there when I was 19-ish. Last time I went, I was 28 -- I was OLD by the standards of who was there!! Anyway, The Canyon Club is near there. And, no, it doesn't look like, at the moment, anything's coming any farther north than Cerritos. Don't despair!! Can you do Vegas? I believe a bunch of corfidians are going there to the Saturday night performance (4/30).
Old 12-10-2004, 01:53 AM   #34
Sheryl Klein

I'm technically in L.A. County (in the San Fernando Valley, near Universal Studios, if that helps). Agoura Hills is a small, hillside, upscale community about 15 minutes west of here just off the Ventura (101) freeway. It's a tiny town, actually. It's best known for the Sagebrush Cantina, an older, yet still hip restaurant/bar/dance place. I used to go there when I was 19-ish. Last time I went, I was 28 -- I was OLD by the standards of who was there!! Anyway, The Canyon Club is near there. And, no, it doesn't look like, at the moment, anything's coming any farther north than Cerritos. Don't despair!! Can you do Vegas? I believe a bunch of corfidians are going there to the Saturday night performance (4/30).
Old 12-10-2004, 08:46 AM   #35
accotsRok

I envy you guys in North America being able to see him tour again! Sometimes being stuck in Dublin is no fun at all.

To all who do end up going to see his show - I hope to see some reviews posted here!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:46 AM   #36
Kel

I envy you guys in North America being able to see him tour again! Sometimes being stuck in Dublin is no fun at all.

To all who do end up going to see his show - I hope to see some reviews posted here!
Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:33 AM   #37
SilverHeels

quote:Originally posted by Kel:

Kel,
if I ever get the GordFestUK off the ground, come on over and join us. Keep in touch - email me privately so I have your details. I'll let you know how things materialise.
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 04:33 PM   #38
Sheryl Klein

Believe me, I'll do my best to give a review which probably won't be as wonderfully prolific as Char's... but, I'll try!
Old 12-10-2004, 04:33 PM   #39
Sheryl Klein

Believe me, I'll do my best to give a review which probably won't be as wonderfully prolific as Char's... but, I'll try!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:03 PM   #40
silenceandsound86

Sheryl,

Thanks for the geography lesson. I think I'll stick with the Las Vegas trip-it's always a fun place to go for a short time.
The last time I saw Gord (not too long before his illness) was at a venue called the Mountain Winery-outside, small, up in the hills-it's such a great place to see performers. I hope he comes back there!
silenceandsound86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 09:03 PM   #41
Rona

Sheryl,

Thanks for the geography lesson. I think I'll stick with the Las Vegas trip-it's always a fun place to go for a short time.
The last time I saw Gord (not too long before his illness) was at a venue called the Mountain Winery-outside, small, up in the hills-it's such a great place to see performers. I hope he comes back there!
Rona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #42
ELizabeth

Maybe BillW and any other MD and/or VA GL fans (Lightheads?)can have a get-together at Wolf Trap pre-show. I checked the WT web site yesterday and the summer schedule isn't posted yet. I plan to get my tickets as sooon as it is announced.
ELizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:41 PM   #43
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

quote:Originally posted by ELizabeth:
Maybe BillW and any other MD and/or VA GL fans (Lightheads?)can have a get-together at Wolf Trap pre-show. I checked the WT web site yesterday and the summer schedule isn't posted yet. I plan to get my tickets as sooon as it is announced.

Elizabeth,

That sounds great but since it's midweek I'll probably be racing down there from work. Maybe I'll have to take the day off.

Bill

BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:12 AM   #44
ELizabeth

BillW (and any other Lightheads)
Hope you can take the day off. I think a get together would be great. How far did you say you had to come?
Old 12-14-2004, 02:04 PM   #45
GJA

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE...COME TO ST. LOUIS, GORD!!! I WANT TO SEE HIM SO BAD!!
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:04 PM   #46
GJA

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE...COME TO ST. LOUIS, GORD!!! I WANT TO SEE HIM SO BAD!!
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:19 PM   #47
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

quote:Originally posted by ELizabeth:
BillW (and any other Lightheads)
Hope you can take the day off. I think a get together would be great. How far did you say you had to come?

Mapquest says it's 137 miles from Salisbury, MD to Wolf Trap so I guess about 3 hours since there's a lot of speed traps along that route. Do you know how far in advance they normally sell tickets ?

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:52 PM   #48
ELizabeth

I usually get a brochure in late March for the summer season but...I have a friend who may, underline may, have some advance opportunities for tickets. I will be a trusting soul and front for some (SOME) tickets for LHs. That would include you BillW if it would be any help.