banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-13-2005, 07:19 AM   #1
swede

Gordon Lightfoot IS the rare jewel of Canada. My whole family have great admiration for him, and if he COULD READ MY MIND, he'd know that too!

Picking a fav song is impossible...there are so many I love on the same level.

There are only two artists in this world that can stir my emotions and Gordon Lightfoot is first and foremost, and James Taylor is the other.
swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:19 AM   #2
Linda

Gordon Lightfoot IS the rare jewel of Canada. My whole family have great admiration for him, and if he COULD READ MY MIND, he'd know that too!

Picking a fav song is impossible...there are so many I love on the same level.

There are only two artists in this world that can stir my emotions and Gordon Lightfoot is first and foremost, and James Taylor is the other.
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:10 PM   #3
reedf

He's the best darn Canadian there is, in my opinion. I can't and don't want to remember what my life was like before I started listening to him. He's been a real blessing.
reedf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
Highwayman

He's the best darn Canadian there is, in my opinion. I can't and don't want to remember what my life was like before I started listening to him. He's been a real blessing.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
swede

Hi Highway Man...I have to agree with you. He wrote outside the box...thats a rarity..its easy to write about your emotions but writing about history is what makes Gordon so special...and his personal songs just gives us an insight to what a wonderful man Gordon Lightfoot is. He's so versatile.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:40 PM   #6
Linda

Hi Highway Man...I have to agree with you. He wrote outside the box...thats a rarity..its easy to write about your emotions but writing about history is what makes Gordon so special...and his personal songs just gives us an insight to what a wonderful man Gordon Lightfoot is. He's so versatile.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:47 AM   #7
djb

quote:I can't and don't want to remember what my life was like before I started listening to him. [/B]

Heck, I started listening to him so early in life, I can barely remember life BEFORE Gord.

Old 02-01-2005, 03:47 AM   #8
djb

quote:I can't and don't want to remember what my life was like before I started listening to him. [/B]

Heck, I started listening to him so early in life, I can barely remember life BEFORE Gord.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #9
Borderstone

"Oh Linda,your topic's right on!"

"We're going to sing you a hooray song!"

You get no opposing argument from me Linda.
I sometime think Gordon is betterr than just about any American act anyone could name (that just being my opinion of course. )

Don't believe me? Check my topic thread,"If Gord were bigger than Elvis". I ran off a list of every song I thought should have been a hit here in the U.S. and gave each one a top 40 position #. (Most of them #1 of course!) Bye!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #10
gregnkw

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:

I sometime think Gordon is betterr than just about any American act anyone could name (that just being my opinion of course. )

Don't believe me? Check my topic thread,"If Gord were bigger than Elvis". I ran off a list of every song I thought should have been a hit here in the U.S. and gave each one a top 40 position #. (Most of them #1 of course!) Bye!

I didn't have the time...
gregnkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #11
Harmony

Harmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #12
swede

Hi Harmony and Borderstone...thanks so much for the kind words...that was so sweet. I haven't been in here recently due to renovations to our home...(very tired!) Its so nice having people to talk to who feel the same way about Gordon...I would so love to meet him some day and tell him what a wonder he has been in our families lives..he da' best! lol
Old 02-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #13
Linda

Hi Harmony and Borderstone...thanks so much for the kind words...that was so sweet. I haven't been in here recently due to renovations to our home...(very tired!) Its so nice having people to talk to who feel the same way about Gordon...I would so love to meet him some day and tell him what a wonder he has been in our families lives..he da' best! lol
Old 02-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #14
JohnBellardJr

quote:Originally posted by djb:

You mean that there was life before Gord?
JohnBellardJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #15
Aime_41

quote:Originally posted by djb:

You mean that there was life before Gord?
Aime_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #16
swede

Hi Aime_41....I'm so glad I found this site..your right..I wonder is there ever an award that could be worthy of what he has given us over the years...even today? So many wonderful songs that bring back so many wonderful memories.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #17
Linda

Hi Aime_41....I'm so glad I found this site..your right..I wonder is there ever an award that could be worthy of what he has given us over the years...even today? So many wonderful songs that bring back so many wonderful memories.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #18
swede

Borderstone...that's one great list. He was suppose to come here for a concert a while back...but he had a heart attack and the show was cancelled..that was so sad in many ways..of course foremost that he was sick..and that the one person who can move me like he do, wasn't gonna be here...I know his concert would have been so awesome. Hopefully, there'll be another chance. (fingers crossed!) lol
Old 02-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #19
Linda

Borderstone...that's one great list. He was suppose to come here for a concert a while back...but he had a heart attack and the show was cancelled..that was so sad in many ways..of course foremost that he was sick..and that the one person who can move me like he do, wasn't gonna be here...I know his concert would have been so awesome. Hopefully, there'll be another chance. (fingers crossed!) lol
Old 02-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #20
swede

djb...I wrote you a post, but noticed its not in the list here. We always had Gordon Lightfoot music in our house...so like yourself...we can hardly remember life before him either! lol Well, yes I do...but it wasn't half as fulfilling! lol!
Old 02-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #21
Linda

djb...I wrote you a post, but noticed its not in the list here. We always had Gordon Lightfoot music in our house...so like yourself...we can hardly remember life before him either! lol Well, yes I do...but it wasn't half as fulfilling! lol!
Old 02-12-2005, 08:24 AM   #22
swede

quote:Originally posted by Harmony:

Old 02-12-2005, 08:24 AM   #23
Linda

quote:Originally posted by Harmony:

Old 02-12-2005, 08:25 AM   #24
swede

Hi Borderstone...thanks so much for the kind words...that was so sweet. I haven't been in here recently due to renovations to our home...(very tired!) Its so nice having people to talk to who feel the same way about Gordon...I would so love to meet him some day and tell him what a wonder he has been in our families lives..he da' best! lol
Old 02-12-2005, 08:25 AM   #25
Linda

Hi Borderstone...thanks so much for the kind words...that was so sweet. I haven't been in here recently due to renovations to our home...(very tired!) Its so nice having people to talk to who feel the same way about Gordon...I would so love to meet him some day and tell him what a wonder he has been in our families lives..he da' best! lol