banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-11-2023, 01:19 PM   #1
charlene

Default Exciting news: The Lightfoot Band!-May Tribute show & ElMocambo in Jan.2024

stay tuned for more info:

https://thelightfootband.com/?fbclid...HYWAZvd12nf0Uc

Performing - The Songs of Gordon Lightfoot - LIVE

We are the original band that toured with Gordon Lightfoot for decades.

Rick Haynes on Bass,
Barry Keane on Drums and Percussion
Mike Heffernan on Keyboards,
Carter Lancaster on Lead Guitars

Vocals - TBA

Together, we feel strongly that the Lightfoot Band should continue to present

the songs of Gordon Lightfoot, along with some of our stories and history,

for our loyal fans to enjoy in a concert setting.

This one-of-kind show is currently in production rehearsals.

Please stay "tuned!"

For booking inquiries please contact:

Warren Toll at bigwig@istar.ca 1-416-988-0404
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 08:45 AM   #2
JohninCt.

Location: Wallingford, Ct. Not far from what used to be Oakdale Music Theater
Default Re: Exciting news: The lightfoot band!

Bunch of good guys who sound great. Sure would like to see them on tour again.
JohninCt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 05:31 PM   #3
Dave, Melbourne,Australia

Any suggestion re who will be providing the vocals (or who would be appropriate to provide the vocals)? Gord's guitar parts have to be provided too, ideally by the vocalist. I suggest Tony Rice (who recorded many Lightfoot covers) would have fulfilled both roles admirably - and jumped at the chance - but he lost his voice several years ago and sadly died in 2020 aged 69.
Dave, Melbourne,Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 06:09 PM   #4
seafarer62

There is a You Tuber out there named Brian Eckard, (sp?) who sounds like a mid-70s Lightfoot. He'd be perfect.
seafarer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 02:36 PM   #5
Rob1956

Brian would be a great choice, but I don't know if he's performing anymore. Aside from a new video last Christmas, he hasn't recorded any new videos for 7 years or so. When "Solo" came out I asked him if he would do any covers from that album and he said "too soon". So who knows where his mind's at these days.
Rob1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 02:37 PM   #6
Rob1956

By the way it's Ekard.
Rob1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 10:03 PM   #7
charlene

First gig: Jan.27, 2024
https://www.ticketweb.ca/event/the-l...u2dGMV-7T6bKYs
The Great Gordon Lightfoot has passed But “The Legend Lives On” with, The Songs of Gordon Lightfoot…..Live!

Featuring the Original Gordon Lightfoot Touring Band, Rick Haynes, Barry Keane, Mike Heffernan & Carter Lancaster.

This original lineup with their newest member, lead singer and rhythm guitarist, Andy Mauck, will perform selected songs from one of the world’s greatest songwriters. Featuring classics like Sundown, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, If You Could Read My Mind, Beautiful & Carefree Highway. The classic repertoire of songs will come to life through the live performance of the band that helped create the unforgettable ‘Lightfoot Sound”.

This unique show has been built around The Band that was at Lightfoot’s side for thousands of shows for over a half century.

The show will feature all of the favorites as well as some deep cuts that will deliver the ultimate Gordon Lightfoot fan experience. This is a Must See for Gordon Lightfoot fans as well as music lovers who never saw him in person!

*El Mocambo is a fully accessible venue*
19+ Venue Only
Doors open at 7:00 PM
Net Capacity: 350
Big Wig Productions Presents
The Lightfoot Band presents The Songs of Gordon Lightfoot

Info
Tickets

Select Tickets limit 10 per person

General Admission

Floor access with limited seating.
$62.04 ($49.00 + $13.04 fees, including tax)

VIP (Mezzanine Balcony)

Access to the VIP mezzanine area with individual seating.
$87.37 ($69.00 + $18.37 fees, including tax)

Delivery Method

ticketFast
FREE Display on your mobile device or print out your ticket for entry!

Terms & Conditions
This event is 19 and over. Any ticket holder unable to present valid identification indicating that they are at least 19 years of age will not be admitted to this event, and will not be eligible for a refund.
Old 11-19-2023, 10:06 PM   #8
charlene

Andy - doing I'll Tag Along for me after Gordon teased me the night before at Massey Hall...

Greetings, I am Andy Mauck, the luckiest guy in the world. Here’s why……..
In 1970, I heard “If You Could Read My Mind” on the radio. It grabbed my attention, more than any other music I had heard. Of course, the voice was a big part of it, but the melody, the story, and the way it SOUNDED were all just different. A classmate of mine who was already an advanced guitarist and great musician (and dear friend to this day), pointed out how special the arrangements were—the guitar licks, the bass notes, the “color” of the instruments. I started listening to all music differently from then on. And Gordon Lightfoot’s music was my gold standard—and has been ever since. I came to understand how important the arrangements are to the impact of a song; and how important the taste level and the ability of the backing musicians are to creating “the sound” of any artist’s music. Gord was very fortunate to have found these guys. He wrote great songs that, all on their own, are outstanding. But the guys in his band were the perfect artists to add the “color and texture” that made those great songs so memorable. They became my musical “idols”. They still are.
As luck would have it, I had a chance to meet Gord and the guys in 1976. It was a nice, after-show gathering, and I was thrilled. A year later, I saw them again—and Gord and Terry remembered me! So, I was invited backstage after the show, and it was then that my friendship with them began. My “idols” became my friends. And now, it is the honor of my life, (next to my wife saying “yes”), to have been asked to join them in keeping Gord’s music alive on stage for his fans all over the world.
For years I have been playing Lightfoot songs. I can play over 150 of them—so I know the catalog. I eventually grew up and became an entrepreneur in vehicle manufacturing, but my passion has always been music. More recently, I was playing solo in bars with a heavy mix of GL tunes—a rarity. And, evidently, well enough that I became known as “The Lightfoot Guy” around town (Punta Gorda, Florida). To now be playing those songs with the original band- my friends and my musical idols- is the most meaningful and fulfilling way possible for me to honor Gord’s music.

Old 11-20-2023, 01:57 PM   #9
charlene

FIRST SHOW - January 2024-ElMocambo, Toronto
ABOUT THE EVENT

The Great Gordon Lightfoot has passed But “The Legend Lives On” with, The Songs of Gordon Lightfoot…..Live!

Featuring the Original Gordon Lightfoot Touring Band, Rick Haynes, Barry Keane, Mike Heffernan & Carter Lancaster.

This original lineup with their newest member, lead singer and rhythm guitarist, Andy Mauck, will perform selected songs from one of the world’s greatest songwriters. Featuring classics like Sundown, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, If You Could Read My Mind, Beautiful & Carefree Highway. The classic repertoire of songs will come to life through the live performance of the band that helped create the unforgettable ‘Lightfoot Sound”.

This unique show has been built around The Band that was at Lightfoot’s side for thousands of shows for over a half century.

The show will feature all of the favorites as well as some deep cuts that will deliver the ultimate Gordon Lightfoot fan experience. This is a Must See for Gordon Lightfoot fans as well as music lovers who never saw him in person!

*El Mocambo is a fully accessible venue*
19+ Venue Only
Doors open at 7:00 PM
Net Capacity: 350

https://www.ticketweb.ca/event/the-l...u2dGMV-7T6bKYs
Old 11-20-2023, 10:11 PM   #10
charlene

Default Re: Exciting news: The Lightfoot Band!-May Tribute show & ElMocambo in Jan.2024

MASSEY HALL Celebration: https://masseyhall.mhrth.com/tickets...rdon-lightfoot
Old 11-21-2023, 04:41 PM   #11
Moosedog

Default Re: Exciting news: The Lightfoot Band!-May Tribute show & ElMocambo in Jan.2024

So happy for Andy - it's a perfect fit!
Moosedog is offline   Reply With Quote