banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 07-13-2003, 02:43 PM   #1
Auburn Annie

For fans of Dan Ackroyd & Jim Belushi, the boys have a new CD out, "Have Love, Will Travel". Read about it and their tour at http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusic/jul13_tour-sun.html

Sounds like a fun time.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:19 PM   #2
Borderstone

Hey,Annie. I sort of suspected that something like that might happen when Akroyd made a guest appearence on Belushi's show,"According To Jim" late last spring. If I remember right,they ended the show with a Blues Bros. routine. I'm sure the CD may be worth buying but I never bought their songs when they were popular,so it's highly likely I wont this time either. I think the orig. movie is still funny but #2 was really disappointing. Why didn't he get Jim Belushi then? Who knows? It's been me,later!
P.S.=Check out some of my topics here and on the Gord Board that have few or no replies. I really don't want to delete them for lack of intrest. Thanksya!!
------------------
Borderstone (An,"Avid Listner" of G.L.)

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited July 14, 2003).]
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:29 AM   #3
Oma

Funny movie! I bought the album (vinyl) of Sam and Dave after seeing that movie. I thought the music was great.
Oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
Borderstone

Well...nearly four years later!

I thought I'd bring this up here,instead of in a new topic. Just taking a moment to remember John Belushi,who left us on this day (March 5th) in 1982.

Really doesn't seem possible but,it is and has been 25 years. I remember Saturday Night Live a few weeks later playing a specially made tribute/music video for him called,"Gone Like the Wind".

I can't remember if one of the ladies in the cast introduced it or was it a lady close to him at the time. I do know it was quite moving and (aside from the Lennon vigil in 1980) was the first tribute I'd seen to someone who'd passed on.

I also remember just months befoe having seen his movie,"Continental Divide". For him a pretty straight forward comedy role but it didn't do too well. Then his last movie "Neighbors" came out and flopped. I guess fans weren't ready for a "different" kind of Belushi.

We know he was a great comic talent and it always will be a sad thing,that it was wasted on excess,and that he didn't reach the true pinnacle of success that he would have.

I could even see him playing the life story of actor Edward G. Robinson,given his facial features and voice.

He would have been 57 this year. Here's to you John:

"Foooooooooood Fiiiiiiiiiiiight"!!!

[ March 05, 2007, 17:34: Message edited by: Borderstone ]