banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-22-2000, 09:23 AM   #1
Gord

Hi there a small article in today's Toronto Sun had mentioned that CBC will broadcast the live performance later this year before everyone else in the world gets to see it. I have taped Gord many times off the TV would be nice if a video professionally done is available. BTW CBC is a Canadian channel for those who aren't aware.
Old 04-22-2000, 10:21 AM   #2
Florian

Hi Gord,

Thank you for letting us know. [If I only had access to Canadian Television ]

The short article is also available online at:

Toronto Sun Article
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2000, 01:39 PM   #3
Wes Steele

The article says "Gordon Lightfoot tapes his FIRST U.S. TV special".

What?????????????????????

Typical MEDIA that know's nothing....

In the early 80's, GL taped and was broadcast on PBS his "Sound Stage" performance out of Chicago. It was broadcast nationally, at least in the U.S., and was well received. I still have a copy of it, and of course, if GL did it, it was well done.

Wes......
Wes Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2000, 04:47 AM   #4
isabella

quote:Originally posted by Gord:
Hi there a small article in today's Toronto Sun had mentioned that CBC will broadcast the live performance later this year before everyone else in the world gets to see it. I have taped Gord many times off the TV would be nice if a video professionally done is available. BTW CBC is a Canadian channel for those who aren't aware.

I am a Canadian recently moved to Dublin and a long time contributor tot the CBC for my poetry, much in the vein of our Gord.
CBC archives have a video tape of an Ian and Sylvia Tyson reunion.Gord came on and played several songs.He was wonderful.You could always order copies from the CBC webpage.Hope this helps abit.
They also have a tape of the history of Canadian music that does a wonderful segment on Gords life.He was such a handsome man in the early days until the drink lined his face and wore through his mask of fame.Thankfully he is straightened out now.Where would we be without his music to soothe us and melt us down to where our souls long to be?
www.geocities.com/shereekg

Cheers

isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2000, 04:11 PM   #5
Silver Heels

quote:Originally posted by isabella:
I am a Canadian recently moved to Dublin and a long time contributor tot the CBC for my poetry, much in the vein of our Gord.
CBC archives have a video tape of an Ian and Sylvia Tyson reunion.Gord came on and played several songs.He was wonderful.You could always order copies from the CBC webpage.Hope this helps abit.
They also have a tape of the history of Canadian music that does a wonderful segment on Gords life.He was such a handsome man in the early days until the drink lined his face and wore through his mask of fame.Thankfully he is straightened out now.Where would we be without his music to soothe us and melt us down to where our souls long to be?
www.geocities.com/shereekg

Cheers

Isabella, thanks for the above information.
As a Dublin resident, I am thinking that this may qualify you as a GL Brit Fan Care to join my campaign to bring him back to the UK? All help graciously received.

If there's a friend who needs me, I'll do my best to help somehow.
GL

Silver Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2000, 04:47 AM   #6
isabella

Sure Silver Heels.I have quite a few contacts in the media as I myself was ensconsed in the music scene in Canada. I even have had a few songs recored on cd by other artists.How can I help?

'I looked to the future and what did I see?'GL

I guess that's up to us, isn't it?Lead on McDuff.

I was in London in February.Nice little town you've got there:}but could you do something about the rain.:}
isabella is offline   Reply With Quote