banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #26
Florian

One of the new features is a "recent visitor" list on the front page of the forum, which displays who is or has recently been online in the forum. However, if you like to cruise the forum in secrecy and not be displayed in that list, you can exclude yourself from this list by changing an option in your profile.
  • Click on the "my profile" link in the upper right corner.
  • Choose the option "Edit profile"
  • Scroll down almost to the very botton and click on the box nextg to "Hide from Recent Visitors feature?"
  • Click the "update profile" button at the end of the screen to confirm the change.
Your name will not show up on the "recent visitor" list.
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #27
Borderstone

Good Morning! (10:38am here.) I like that idea,"Member Of The Moment". Is that anything like my "Lightfoot Of The Week?"

I'd have done mine more often but work takes a lot of my time,so I welcome your idea.

Been me! Later!
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:04 PM   #28
violet Blue

GEEZEEEE . . . you take a week off to move and see what happens. What in the world . . .

FINE. FINE. Not bad enough I'm surrounded by boxes eating off paper plates for two months. Yah just had to kick me while I was down eh?
violet Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:01 PM   #29
Borderstone

Well,just like this site,it seems a lot of things around me are changing!
The MASH site i frequent underwent a format change as well.

My hotel was bought and they are adding new things and improving it's look.

This library (today)is finally installing nice shiny new BLACK Transource PC's! Yay!

My apt. complex was also bought out and pretty soon they're going to give the place a 21st century make-over!

A friend of mine just got married after she was with the guy for nearly 8 years!

Boy! What next?? Will I win the lottery and get a change of venue? A new job? Let's see what the future holds! :D
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:00 PM   #30
LSH

Wow is right. Just got back online, had trouble with Norton denying me access to the web. Easy fix once it was found. Then I saw this and thought, what the ---- did I do?
It's alright. Change is good.
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:01 PM   #31
brink

Quote:
Originally posted by violet Blue Horse:
GEEZEEEE . . . you take a week off to move and see what happens. What in the world . . .

FINE. FINE. Not bad enough I'm surrounded by boxes eating off paper plates for two months. Yah just had to kick me while I was down eh?
So where did you move? I always hated moving, what a major pain.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:48 AM   #32
Borderstone

Hey Brink! I miss the E-Mails and I wish I had my internet back! I finally bought a modem but due to $$ constraint,I can't get internet back yet. As soon as I have it back I can resume E-Mailing folks.

On another subject,I think oe more thing that should be added is mandatory sign up for the site. I'm not saying we shouldn't welcome new folks but sometimes (as we know) some people breezee by here just to be a pain.

It hasn't happened in awhile but I think it's for the best. That way,if they really want to join in,they have to join. J.M.O. (just my opinion.)
Old 04-06-2005, 10:43 AM   #33
stationmaster

Takes some gettin' use to, but that's what my wife said about me for the first few years! Now how about a spot for a picture/animation/smilie under the author name?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:52 AM   #34
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

I like SM's idea!!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #35
violet Blue

I only moved about five miles away. I bought my first house. Seventy something days in escrow. I'm never moving again. I never want to see another box or roll of packing tape as long as I live.

Quote:
Originally posted by brink:
quote:Originally posted by violet Blue Horse:

So where did you move? I always hated moving, what a major pain. [/QUOTE]
violet Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:53 PM   #36
GJA

Like the new format.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #37
brink

Your first house! Congrats Violet, Feels good doesn't it? Even though you are looking at mortgage payments at least they end, rent never does.
I have thought I would just plain die here in this house but, I am getting tired of the mountains and I would like to live somewhere "beachy".
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:29 PM   #38
The Rez

HHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!

I'm can't figure out how to post a foto.

Hey, I'm a piano guy, what do I know from computers.

If you help me, I'll give you a cookie.

The Rez
[Psalm 139:13]
The Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #39
Sheryl

Rex (it is Rex, isn't it?) I copied this for you from the stuff to the left of the Quick Reply box where it says in yellow UBB Code is enabled. You just click on it and all this info pops up for you. I cut and pasted the pertinent info for you below:

To add a graphic within your message, just enclose the URL to the image as shown in the following example.

Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the [IMG] code.

Be sure there are no spaces anywhere. In a nutshell, type in [img] yourURLhere [/img] like so.

So, basically, the image you want to put in must have URL code. It cannot merely be stored in your computer. It must come from a webpage/website, is that correct, John? I have a picture section in my Documents section of my 'puter, but, that won't work. I had to upload my selected picture to a free website that uploads your pics for you. We just usually beg John. ("pretty pleeeeeeze....") However, a few of us did actually find a free website. You can try hostmyfile.com I don't know if it's still working, but, it's worth a try. I hope I helped.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:38 AM   #40
The Rez

Lots of Gracias Sheryl,

Yeah, Rex is right. The Rez is a nickname given to me by a very righteous singer in Balboa in the pre-Beatles 60s. He didn't think Rex sounded cool - hence The Rez.

And it stuck, at least w/ the musician crowd . . . brother!

You'll know if I'm successful w/ the fotos by the results. This is driving me to drink caffeinated tea!

I think John gave up on me . . .

Where can I send your cookie?

The Rez
[Psalm 139:13]
The Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #41
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by The Rez:
Lots of Gracias Sheryl,

You'll know if I'm successful w/ the fotos by the results. This is driving me to drink caffeinated tea!

I think John gave up on me . . .

Where can I send your cookie?

The Rez
Now Now Rex Rex dear boy go quickly to
http://www.corfid.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ul...c&f=2&t=000585
and extract your digit pronto
John Fowles

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:04 PM   #42
joveski

havwent been here much lately but the new format isnt that different to the old one.. it seems ok to me
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #43
johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheryl:
Rex (it is Rex, isn't it?) I copied this for you from the stuff to the left of the Quick Reply box where it says in yellow UBB Code is enabled. You just click on it and all this info pops up for you. I cut and pasted the pertinent info for you below:

To add a graphic within your message, just enclose the URL to the image as shown in the following example.

Be sure there are no spaces anywhere. In a nutshell, type in [img] yourURLhere [/img] like so.

So, basically, the image you want to put in must have URL code. It cannot merely be stored in your computer. It must come from a webpage/website, is that correct, John? I have a picture section in my Documents section of my 'puter, but, that won't work. I had to upload my selected picture to a free website that uploads your pics for you. We just usually beg John. ("pretty pleeeeeeze....") However, a few of us did actually find a free website. You can try hostmyfile.com I don't know if it's still working, but, it's worth a try. I hope I helped.
Thanks for trying Sheryl but the recalcitrant person ain't buying it yet
I noted that your picture that you posted on the test forum has long since expired so as I have said before I have withdrawn my earlier recommendation to use hostmyfile who will only hold a graphic file for a short time unless it is constantly visited,so for now you are left with a choice of using the "corfid" folder on my MSN communities site at:-
http://groups.msn.com/corfiddisplay
or any other free picture upload place except a Yahoo group where I do believe linking pix to display here is not reliable
you must join the group click on "picture" select the corfid display album then the "add photo" link and agree to Install the MSN Photo Upload Control
"This will take approximately 3 to 4 minutes with a 56-Kbps modem."
Then all you need to do is find the uploaded pictures address (URL) and place it between the pair of UB image tags ([img] and[/img] or take the easy way out and use the new image feature in the "Instant UBB code" block under the "post a reply" composition box and post the copied address in the nice pop-up box that appears
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAmA7kVOgxQXo2t0DH0G6eBxNSiZj3zRph5dBL5KhQuCOVJJ NhxGlQeBD8KaO64*3Sor1EWrcLmGhso8f!wcje8U1YGHkOTNKQ Jxn3B*HE/image6.jpg[/img]
In this case I used a picture that I had already uploaded to my own site where its address is
different but can also be found by a simple right click on the picture>select "properties">copy and paste

Am I persistant or what??
John Fowles
So be a good chap Rex and go visit the small talk forum topic about your fun pix at:-
http://www.corfid.com/ubb/ultimatebb...c;f=2;t=000585

[ April 11, 2005, 15:27: Message edited by: johnfowles ]

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm

Old 04-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #44
johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheryl:

Thanks for trying Sheryl but the recalcitrant person ain't buying it yet
I noted that your picture that you posted on the test forum has long since expired so as I have said before I have withdrawn my earlier recommendation to use hostmyfile who will only hold a graphic file for a short time unless it is constantly visited,so for now you are left with a choice of using the "corfid" folder on my MSN communities site at:-
http://groups.msn.com/corfiddisplay
or any other free picture upload place except a Yahoo group where I do believe linking pix to display here is not reliable
you must join the group click on "picture" select the corfid display album then the "add photo" link and agree to Install the MSN Photo Upload Control
"This will take approximately 3 to 4 minutes with a 56-Kbps modem."
Then all you need to do is find the uploaded pictures address (URL) and place it between the pair of UB image tags ([img] and[/img] or take the easy way out and use the new image feature in the "Instant UBB code" block under the "post a reply" composition box and post the copied address in the nice pop-up box that appears
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAmA7kVOgxQXo2t0DH0G6eBxNSiZj3zRph5dBL5KhQuCOVJJ NhxGlQeBD8KaO64*3Sor1EWrcLmGhso8f!wcje8U1YGHkOTNKQ Jxn3B*HE/image6.jpg[/img]
In this case I used a picture that I had already uploaded to my own site where its address is
different but can also be found by a simple right click on the picture>select "properties">copy and paste

Am I persistant or what??
John Fowles
So be a good chap Rex and go visit the small talk forum topic about your fun pix at:-
http://www.corfid.com/ubb/ultimatebb...c;f=2;t=000585

[ April 11, 2005, 15:27: Message edited by: johnfowles ]

I meant no one no harm

Old 04-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #45
Sheryl

Thank you, John! (give poor Rex a break, you're making me feel very sorry for him - after all, he's new.... AND the fella never passed pre-school, <sigh> poor, poor, fella....) Rex, dear, come over to our house, I have decaf tea to go with the cookies you'll bring. My husband is from Toronto, and the three of us will discuss GL and other notables. Bring mama, of course.

Sheryl
Old 04-12-2005, 01:37 AM   #46
Sheryl

Old 04-12-2005, 01:38 AM   #47
Sheryl

Old 04-12-2005, 01:39 AM   #48
Sheryl

Old 04-12-2005, 08:50 AM   #49
johnfowles

OK OK already you madam are a show -off. But congratulations on being my guinea-pig on this occasion
You might have wondered why your pictures as displayeed above were so small (thumbnail sized really). well that was because you simply found and used the thumbnail's address.
duh!! Anyway good job you did because I can now add to my planned tutorial that:-
1. first click on the thumbnail to load the full sized picture then right click on it and select
"properties"
2. when you see the properties box highlight the address (URL) and copy as far as where it will
say .......jpg? ONLY: this will copy the address to your clipboard
3. in a new blank browser window past in the copied addrees from your clipboard into the address box and press "enter"
your full sized picture should now appear verifying that the address you have used is kosher (to coin a phrase!!
4 in your corfid posting put that address between the [img] and [/img] tags or use the UBB instant code feature and paste the address into the pop-up box over where it already says "http"
5 submit and review what appears
6 If your full sized picture appears correctly pat yourself on the back
7 If it doesn't think hard to try to work out for yourself where you went wrong or
8 contact your friendly tutor (me)
Ok I'll try to post your pix now in a size that reveals all the details!!

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0cACPAqohYG0nCT!dacH9YJwZD7Lfq7fStQPHUD7qPjo6KWIF* GdlV0pNRdH93SzIj!pHpAM2V5BUsC!iMpdCl4ASctEM7jU9rQU bcqIYNMlWjpt8lAaW0ONj6siCuYwfz8A85q7pguOO*7NP831BE PA!AFuV7gnmKGNvbXBhdGk/Alex%20Rachel%20Joshua%20on%20Shamu%20Aug%202003.j pg[/img]
caption
Alex Rachel Joshua on Shamu Aug 2003
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgAwA0ka1XCgOCVCaYjWXJI*mwSghdBHiXJ6qV2PSUTYSp8UG Fi1ebeU4wD4QTBz2Iz4L*twZpkdlabZ3dht8y2MtIlmXYLGmVu OJXP1P9W0qq7IpWqz6RIEvNyrxB6k/Gabe,%20Alex,%20Joshua.jpg[/img]

Gabe, Alex, Joshua
[img] http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgD1AmMa2X7botNVZKN8WsPZ8g02Ua9iMnkKcrcCPnf6af1Wm Ll9z7B5d33ejklYNUnHHqGGIt5JUiS61bhM3sOra9fs5QlK1XX 3v3fYacpKfqOxGqLkejp6g8oJ3w1o/Joshua's%202nd%20b-d ay.jpg [/img]
Joshua's 2nd b-day
John Fowles
Confession time
I have to admit that I resorted to a test posting of this as a reply to your old test forum topic that you entitled:-
"let's see how long this picture stays -- me and kids"
at:-
http://www.corfid.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ul...c&f=3&t=000127
Where as I said your use of the simple free upload to
http://hostmyfile.net no longer works because the pix storage time there has long ago expired.
even then I had to repeatedly edit my posting because I kept making my usual silly errors:-
incorrect/omitted square bracket
space between the g of jpg and the closing tags [ bracket
and after about 7 tries I gave up trying to get your third pic to appear there or here for that matter.
Now to complete the exercise could you upload to the MSN communities site your original picture that you used in that topic and display it here and/or edit your posting so that the pic reappears in your test forum topic

I meant no one no harm

Old 04-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #50
Sheryl

Yes, Professor! Coming right up! If I get it right, do I get an "A?"