banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
charlene

Default Cornwall, Brockville and Napanee concert/ticket info

Cornwall Civic Arena
Friday May 20, 2011
Ticket prices: $49.50 to $85 plus HST and service charges
Tickets available at: Cornwall Civic Arena box office or www.admission.com

Brockville Memorial Arena
Saturday May 21, 2011
Ticket Prices: $49.50 to $125 plus HST and service charges. $125 price range includes a pre show fan Xperience including early entrance to the building, dessert and beverage reception (with cash bar), emcee, prize draws for meet & greets, prize draws for front row seating upgrades, tour poster etc.
Tickets available at: the Brockville Arts Centre box office (in person), by phone 1-877-342-7122 or online at www.bactickets.ca

Napanee Strathcona Paper Centre
Sunday May 22, 2011
$39.50 to $125 plus HST and service charges. $125 price range includes a pre show fan Xperience including early entrance to the building, dessert and beverage reception (with cash bar), emcee, prize draws for meet & greets, prize draws for front row seating upgrades, tour poster etc.
Tickets available at the Strathcona Paper Centre box office (in person), by phone 1-613-532-5997 (OTX) or online at www.otx.ca
Additional ticket outlets: Strum in Picton, Brian’s Record Option & Renaissance Music in Kingston, Sam the Record Man in Belleville

thanks to Amy at http://www.otx.ca
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:43 AM   #2
lighthead2toe

Default Re: Cornwall, Brockville and Napanee concert/ticket info

OMG!
I need a pint of Guinness!
Well, let me re phrase that one; I need to make a "point" to the "Guinness guys." Yes, the "Guinness Book of Records guys!"
Really, are there any records available that anyone is aware of, about the number of concerts that a big name entertainer in his 70's who still has the same band for the number of years that he has and is still out there doing it?
It has to be something to think about.

I can't believe how that guy does it!

Last September, Marian from the mountains and I were in Cornwall, Ontario with friends and we spent the weekend at the Ramada hotel there. Really nice place.
I'd never been to Cornwall before so I wanted to go out and see the town.
We all like to walk and it was a beautiful time of year in Ontario so every opportunity we went out for walks and once, while walking by what looked like a community centre we noticed on the digital sign that Gordon Lightfoot was appearing there.
Well of course my interest piqued and after a follow up I realized that the town of Cornwall, Ontario obviously has a bit of a Gord following. That was Sept. 2010 and they were advertising the concert for March 2011?
Pretty cool stuff.
It sure made the weekend a lot better than what I'd ever expected.

Very thankful guy am I.
RJ.
lighthead2toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
jj

Default Re: Cornwall, Brockville and Napanee concert/ticket info

yah, rj...char posted them in Aug10...true, and you sure buck a lot of dates!

http://www.corfid.com/vbb/showthread...ght=brockville

like the BAC folks, i'm disappointed gord's folks chose the arena venue instead of a few nights (assuming they'd sell out) at the wonderful acoustics and ambience of an arts centre...folks in the US are fortunate they can still catch him in those cozy venues but, hey if one can pack an arena, why not

upper Canada village is a nice spot out that way, rj, i hope your friends have a great evening with gord and i imagine arena acoustics are way beyond what they used to be...maybe they will even have those big tv screens that char saw in Rama
jj is offline   Reply With Quote