banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
lighthead2toe

Default Meredith Moon at "The Local"

On Tuesday night a few of us friends gathered at a pub in Toronto's west end called "The Local."

Meredith Moon was on the bill there to entertain the patrons with her own compositions together with a few selective cover tunes.

Meredith has blossomed into a most impressive entertainer and a very professional one as well.
She's quite relaxed up there and it shows in her strong stage presence.

She alternated with tunes on her Martin D18 guitar and a real down to earth appalachian clawhammer style banjo. Very resonant sounding instruments to compliment her powerful vocal delivery.

During the intermission she moved it along with her "off stage" show by mingling with her audience in a most friendly manner. She came by and sat with us for a short chat. Very sweet and entertaining.

I reflected back to the first time I'd see her perform at "Hugh's Room" during the Tribute shows for her Dad that Jory Nash produced there.
It was clear then that she had something to offer so it's really great to see she's serious about the music business.

An interesting thing about "The Local" was that when I walked in there it was like going back in time. The layout was very similar to that of Steele's Tavern on Yonge St. where I would go to see her Dad perform some 55 years earlier.

To say it was a very "lightheaded daja vu" experience would be an understatement.

Pour me another Guinness please.

Last edited by lighthead2toe; 03-06-2020 at 01:39 PM.
lighthead2toe is offline   Reply With Quote