banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
youngstranger

Default Introduction, hi!

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say hello here and share my love of Lightfoot.

I'm 24 and from Ireland. I discovered Lightfoot a couple of years ago through Peter, Paul and Mary covers. I then started to collect his albums. I decided to start with the first one and listen to them all in order. So far I have made it to Old Dan's Records. I've only made one jump forward and that was to buy Salute because I got a bit obsessed with Knotty Pine and wanted to own the record.

So far, I really love the variety of Lightfoot's work and his beautiful lyrics and singing. Sometimes he carries so much emotion and sometimes he is just plain cool and entertaining. My sister is getting me Sundown for Christmas (can't wait as the title track is very cool) and I'm going to get myself Cold On The Shoulder.

On this side of the Atlantic the BBC have dug up a lot of their old '70s In Concert shows and re-screened them lately (Graham Nash, Neil Young etc.) I wish they would do the same with the Lightfoot one if it still exists. Does anybody know? Is it possible to see any '70s era Lightfoot TV shows or concerts?

Thanks for listening!
youngstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #2
SilverHeels

Default Re: Introduction, hi!

Hi YoungStranger and welcome!
I'm just across the water from you in Surrey, England. I know the 'In Concert' show you talk of but when I queried the BBC some years ago, they told me the tapes had been wiped. Obviously they were mistaken because of the Graham Nash and Neil Young show since screened. Maybe it's time we contacted them again? I was actually at the Lightfoot recording of 'In Concert'.

btw you have chosen a particularly sad time to join the group because Gord's long time manager, Barry Harvey, died suddenly last week. You might want to check out the 'Barry Harvey' thread.

Nice to see another here from this side of the pond.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
Paul Farnham

Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Farnham

cead mille failte
Paul Farnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
Jesse Joe

Hi and welcome to Corfid youngstranger, from Ireland. Really is nice to hear from more of you Lightfoot fans from that part of the world.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote