banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-07-2004, 01:14 PM   #1
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

whilst surfing for an advanced text scroller for my web site I found a very nice pic of Melbourne on a 1st of January posting to some
geezer's web blog page and thought I'd share it with friends from all over the world who post on this board.
So Happy New Year Mende and catmanron and everybody:-

here is part of caption text under that pic on Eddie Traversa's site(scroll down to get to the pic):-
http://dhtmlnirvana.com/

"In Melbourne, Australia, we celebrated the New Year with a 15 minute fireworks
extravaganza that saw some of our famous
landmarks ablaze with light. To say that the fireworks display was spectacular would be an understatement. We are lucky those of us that live in Melbourne, for we live in one of the best cities in the world
Never has this been more highlighted for me than after my return from living in North
America for the past few years. It isn't that North America, particularly Canada is a bad place to live, in fact it is quiet (sic) a pretty place to live in and has a beauty all of its own. I have some fine memories of that region in the world.

But when all I said and done, I am glad 2003 is over and done with and I am glad that
in 2004 I find myself living in Melbourne."

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited January 07, 2004).]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 01:14 PM   #2
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

whilst surfing for an advanced text scroller for my web site I found a very nice pic of Melbourne on a 1st of January posting to some
geezer's web blog page and thought I'd share it with friends from all over the world who post on this board.
So Happy New Year Mende and catmanron and everybody:-

here is part of caption text under that pic on Eddie Traversa's site(scroll down to get to the pic):-
http://dhtmlnirvana.com/

"In Melbourne, Australia, we celebrated the New Year with a 15 minute fireworks
extravaganza that saw some of our famous
landmarks ablaze with light. To say that the fireworks display was spectacular would be an understatement. We are lucky those of us that live in Melbourne, for we live in one of the best cities in the world
Never has this been more highlighted for me than after my return from living in North
America for the past few years. It isn't that North America, particularly Canada is a bad place to live, in fact it is quiet (sic) a pretty place to live in and has a beauty all of its own. I have some fine memories of that region in the world.

But when all I said and done, I am glad 2003 is over and done with and I am glad that
in 2004 I find myself living in Melbourne."

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited January 07, 2004).]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #3
joveski

i was there john. there was an alcohol ban, so we sculled some jim beam before we went to the city and then made a quick exit after the pyrotechnics back to a firends place an continued drinking. that's a nice photo. flinders st station looks great at night.

they were really good - best since the millenium, i think.

very crowded around there. took half an hour to walk to the station from where that photo would have been taken. and that photo doesn't show all the places that the fireworkls were popping out from
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote