banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-30-2020, 06:25 AM   #1
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW
Default October 2020 dates?

Checking the "schedule" this morning I see that while the US shows in October are still listed the later shows that were scheduled for CA have already been given "New Date TBA." I'm assuming I should cancel the hotel reservations while I'm still in the no penalty period but I'd rather not.
Char and/or anyone else with inside information I'd appreciate a heads up.

Hope you are all doing well. Peace be with you.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:08 AM   #2
formerlylavender

Default Re: October 2020 dates?

Following...
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:28 AM   #3
BILLW

As of today both the venue and Ticketmaster are still selling tickets for the rescheduled date. The other dates in October also have tickets available.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:24 PM   #4
charlene

Canadian tour dates have been postponed for a while. The dates in the u.s. are still listed but I have an e-mail into the office asking about the remaining U.S. dates./ I think they are playing a waiting game regarding the border opening and the circumstances in the region where each venue is and their rules for inside concerts/large gathering with no social distancing I wouldn't be surprised if they are postponed. I for one would not be sitting shoulder to shoulder, a foot away from the person in front of me and the person behind me a foot away breathing on my neck. Then the there is the lobby lineups and washrooms.
I have seen one venue where he has postponed that mandates masks in lobby only for the few concerts they will still have. WHAT?!?
Gordon is the LAST person who needs to be around crowds, vulnerable onstage with air-conditioning blowing around virus particles. He has been home since March and I don't know if Kim is back from the U.S. yet.
I will advise when I hear what's going on..
Stay safe!!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:02 AM   #5
BILLW

Thank you for the update/reply. We all want everyone, including Gordon, to be as safe as possible wherever they are. My thoughts regarding concerts are simply in the category of supporting the performer(s) which is why I didn't get a refund for the 4 tickets when the original date was rescheduled. I respect Gordon and his judgement regarding his personal safety. If he decides not to tour I will be sad about it but I certainly understand why he would choose not to. On the flip side as soon as he determines the reward outweighs the risk I will be there if at all possible (distance to the venue being my only criteria).

I look forward to the day when we can all gather together and cheer on the man who draws us all to his performances from around the world. His appeal cuts across all categories and always gives me hope.

I appreciate you letting us know when you hear back. Thanks again.

Be well, be safe and Peace be with you.

Bill
Old 09-23-2020, 11:21 AM   #6
BILLW

As expected the show we have been waiting for has been postponed but as yet not rescheduled. I'll hold the four tickets and hope for 2021.

So many conflicting predictions about the near and far future of the live music industry are going around we'll just have to wait and see. I hope and pray that whatever Gordon wants to do is possible when he wants to do it.

Everyone here only wants a long and healthy future for him and the band. But to be honest I really can't wait to see him live. Looking forward to that day.

Peace,

Bill