banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
charlene

Default Harry Chapin - blog post

one reply noted - Lightfoot38 sold a guitar to Lightfoot:

http://hosting-n1.com/harry-chapin-c...le-soundstage/
lightfoot38
October 13th, 2010 @19:44 No, I’m not Gordon Lightfoot, just a big fan. I sold him a Gibson 12-string in 1975 that he still uses today in performance. So sorry Harry hasn’t been around for a while, though. We knew each other, too. He always said I was outrageous! He told a lot of people that. So full of life. Only the good die young. Chapin, Denver, and Croce…what would the world have been like if they were still here
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
banjobench12

Default Re: Harry Chapin - blog post

Interesting info Char. The Lightfoot Chapin relationship is interesting. At some concert I was at Gord mentioned he first met Harry when Harry stepped on Gord's glasses at a club.....I think in DC. Must be an inside joke or story there.

I remember at the second Olympic benefit that Gord organized, the one at the CNE, Harry forgot his guitar and had to play one of Gord's. Harry then noted that he was the only American on the bill but that he would play any time any where Gord asked him to.

It was at the former Exhibition Stadium and was raining, at least for part of the concert. My wife and I were just back from our honeymoon. Long time ago!
banjobench12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobench12 View Post
Harry then noted that he was the only American on the bill but that he would play any time any where Gord asked him to.
yeah, and vice versa for the Taylor, Chapin, Denver, GL benefit

i tried to post some audio from that one but that bootleg is just so unlistenable although it feel good to put it on and know there was a moment where thy all shared a stage...had Croce been alive and there, it would have been too hard to fathom
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
Jim Nasium

Many years ago when Harry was touring over here in the UK, he appeared "live" on a Sunday morning radio program, he had his 2 children, Josh and Jenny with him. The host asked Harry how did he manage to get the children out of school to accompany him, and Harry said that the children had to keep diaries of the trip. He then went on to say, "you should read those diaries, they are great" whereupon a little voice piped up, "how do you know daddy, you haven't read them." Cue raucous laughter from the studio. When the host asked if Harry would like to hear a piece of music, he immediately asked for TWOTEF and spoke a some length about Gordon Lightfoot. Mutual admiration.

Last edited by Jim Nasium; 10-15-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Jim Nasium is offline   Reply With Quote