banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 10-24-2002, 09:31 PM   #1
Gord

Somebody out there must have plenty of courage to smuggle in tape recorders to a Gordon Lightfoot concert, but anyway I was able to get " Two Crazy Kids" and Gord doing " Star Spangled Banner" today.... The US Anthem sounds good and quite clear.... as for " Two Crazy Kids", it's a rocking song which to me is a shame it never made it to Songbook. It's sorta along the lines of Blackberry Wine. It's kinda muffled and more like cheap radio. But I have it anyway
Old 10-24-2002, 09:31 PM   #2
Gord

Somebody out there must have plenty of courage to smuggle in tape recorders to a Gordon Lightfoot concert, but anyway I was able to get " Two Crazy Kids" and Gord doing " Star Spangled Banner" today.... The US Anthem sounds good and quite clear.... as for " Two Crazy Kids", it's a rocking song which to me is a shame it never made it to Songbook. It's sorta along the lines of Blackberry Wine. It's kinda muffled and more like cheap radio. But I have it anyway
Old 10-25-2002, 01:00 AM   #3
joveski

i think that version of 2 crazy kids is live. i doubt the studio version will be available. still, it's one my favourite gord tunes (along with pleasures of the night)
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 03:44 AM   #4
Gord

Ya Star Spangled Banner sounds pretty good... kind of a bonus find If you want the MP3 email me and I'll pass it along.
Old 10-25-2002, 03:44 AM   #5
Gord

Ya Star Spangled Banner sounds pretty good... kind of a bonus find If you want the MP3 email me and I'll pass it along.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:01 PM   #6
Restless

quote:Originally posted by Gord:
This is what I got for rareties:
1- Warner 7 Arts Demos: River Gal, The martyred Children, Anything my women does,Too much to Lose, The Lost Children,When Spring was over the land, Echoes of Heros, A love thats true,Things they say, a ring and a secret ,Try to count the tears, that innicent look, 2 kids from cabbage town, somebody told a lie, yes i will,red roses and you, betty maes a good time gal, a few moments ago, rosey and me, the general store, sands of time, prettiest time of her life, sweet temptation, new day, the last hand, dont be sorry, roll on, an old friend, fox fire, its better that way, weep not for me.(All on 1 CD)
2:Canadian Tribut Library: Harbor Le Cou, The Auctioneer(different version than on DSR), Turn Turn Turn, Cod Liver Oil, Movin, Talkin Freight- and Shellfish, The No Motel, and Nighttime - those last 3 are recorded live
3The outtakes from Sunday Concert: Just like Tom Thumbs Blues, Movin, I'll Be alright, Spin Spin, and different version of Movin
4 Massey Hall Live 3-24-74 includes Tennessee Stud, Diveroce Country Style
5:Two Tones- Duet with Terry Whelen: We come here to sing, Fast Frieght, the Fox, Dark as a doungeon, Sinnerman, This is my song, Lilgarry Mtn, Calypso Baby, Summer Love, Children go where i send thee,. Lord I'm so weary.
6 Have a rare partial recording of Gord age 11 singing the Lords Prayer.

Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 04:14 PM   #7
Gord

Hey paddle can you please email me at lightfoot97@hotmail.com ?? I tried emailing you but it bounced back cuz um you haven't cleared it out in a while. Thanks!

G Henwood
Old 10-25-2002, 04:14 PM   #8
Gord

Hey paddle can you please email me at lightfoot97@hotmail.com ?? I tried emailing you but it bounced back cuz um you haven't cleared it out in a while. Thanks!

G Henwood