banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
charlene

Default PAVLO CD-Live at Massey-kudos to Lightfoot

I have just rec'd a copy of the PAVLO CD - Live at Massey Hall that was recorded in October 2006. Lightfoot was in attendance that night and PAVLO has noted this in his booklet included with the CD.
Mr. Bernie Fiedler is PAVLO's manager/promoter and he is the promoter of Lightfoot shows in Canada. He is also one of the people responsible for the coffee shoppes/folk music scene in Yorkville/Toronto back when Lightfoot was starting out. PAVLO says in the booklet:
"Bernie Fiedler is not only my manager but he is also my friend. He presented this concert when no one would step up to the plate. Well, we sold it out Bernie! You deserve all the credit."
http://www.pavlo.net
I first saw Pavlo about 11 years ago as a busker at a large art/craft show in Toronto. This year he was the headliner at the Opening Night gala of the same show! I also saw him years ago at The Taste of the Danforth which is a huge food festival in Toronto's Greektown area.
I will be seeing him on November 17 this year when he once again performs at Massey Hall. Perhaps Lightfoot will drop by for his birthday!
lol
A PAVLO show is very very high energy-it's amazing the whole band doesn't just drop to the floor when it's over - can't wait!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PAVLO cd page1.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	209  
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
T.G.

Default Re: PAVLO CD-Live at Massey-kudos to Lightfoot

I like Pavlo, too, and remember him playing on street corners and such. I wish he would bring back a real drummer, though; he used just a percussionist last time I saw him and it didn't give the same rhythmic backing.
T.G. is offline   Reply With Quote