banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2004, 12:14 PM   #851
Andy

The mental imagry evoked by The Canadian Railroad Trilogy are some of the most powerful I have ever experienced.

I had not heard any Gordon Lightfoot songs for many years until a few weeks ago. I left Canada nearly 20 years ago and now live in London England, and hearing this song gave me the worst case of homesickness I've had since I left!
Old 07-11-2004, 03:39 PM   #852
Tyler

Whoa, Andy the fans in the UK are planning a Gordfest, Get a hold of Silverheels about it.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 03:39 PM   #853
brink

Whoa, Andy the fans in the UK are planning a Gordfest, Get a hold of Silverheels about it.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:07 PM   #854
Brodielee

My favorite GL song is if you could read my mind. I first heard this song on the "Wonderland" movie and the scene that they had the song with was just so perfect it made my eyes water. I immediately went out and got the soundtrack and haven't got enough of it since, great movie and a great song.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:07 PM   #855
Brodielee

My favorite GL song is if you could read my mind. I first heard this song on the "Wonderland" movie and the scene that they had the song with was just so perfect it made my eyes water. I immediately went out and got the soundtrack and haven't got enough of it since, great movie and a great song.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:07 AM   #856
Borderstone

Way to go Brodie! You just got messagee 500 for this topic! I thought it'd never get here! Of course,I'm 501. Cool,I'm a pair of Levi's! later!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #857
Leann

THE CIRCLE IS SMALL isclearly my favorite and always will be.
Leann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #858
tweetum1

THE CIRCLE IS SMALL isclearly my favorite and always will be.
tweetum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 05:57 PM   #859
stationmaster

"HARMONY" - simple, sad, powerful, haunting.
I still can't really describe this song any other way. I can say that it is my favourite and probably will be for a long time.
stationmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:27 PM   #860
Tyler

I really love Circle is Small also. I have never listed it as one of my favorites though, it is almost as if it is biographical. It is a very painful song, but so well written and honest.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:27 PM   #861
brink

I really love Circle is Small also. I have never listed it as one of my favorites though, it is almost as if it is biographical. It is a very painful song, but so well written and honest.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:37 AM   #862
silenceandsound86

Brodie, What's Wonderland? I guess I missed it, but if it has a GL song in it, I'd like to see it.

Rona
silenceandsound86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:37 AM   #863
Rona

Brodie, What's Wonderland? I guess I missed it, but if it has a GL song in it, I'd like to see it.

Rona
Rona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #864
Brodielee

It' a movie about John Holmes and the Wonderland murders of 1981 in Los Angles. True story; with Val Kilmer, Kate Bosworth, Dylan Mcdermont and Josh Lucas. The GL song is at end.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #865
Brodielee

It' a movie about John Holmes and the Wonderland murders of 1981 in Los Angles. True story; with Val Kilmer, Kate Bosworth, Dylan Mcdermont and Josh Lucas. The GL song is at end.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:50 AM   #866
DeeDee aka fairydrum

This is easy. My favorite Gordon Lightfoot song is the very beautiful, "Beautiful". Why? Well it was the perfect song to remind me on my wife back in the days before we were married. It would literally bring a tear to my eye as I would listen to it, thinking of her, as my love for her grew.

And when we did get married, some 25 years ago, I had a very talented friend of ours perform "Beatutiful" as our final dance at the reception. He did the song justice.

To this day, I can't play through "Gord's Gold" without repeating "Beautiful" at least three times over.

Runners up are "Summer Side of Life" and "If You Could Read My Mind". But there are so many more great GL songs that I truly enjoy as well.

I pray for the day when Gord tours and comes to the NEw England area again. I'll be checking for tour dates.

DeeDee aka fairydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:50 AM   #867
BarryS

This is easy. My favorite Gordon Lightfoot song is the very beautiful, "Beautiful". Why? Well it was the perfect song to remind me on my wife back in the days before we were married. It would literally bring a tear to my eye as I would listen to it, thinking of her, as my love for her grew.

And when we did get married, some 25 years ago, I had a very talented friend of ours perform "Beatutiful" as our final dance at the reception. He did the song justice.

To this day, I can't play through "Gord's Gold" without repeating "Beautiful" at least three times over.

Runners up are "Summer Side of Life" and "If You Could Read My Mind". But there are so many more great GL songs that I truly enjoy as well.

I pray for the day when Gord tours and comes to the NEw England area again. I'll be checking for tour dates.

BarryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #868
DMD3

quote:Originally posted by DMD3:
"Her names Leann and I'll be damned if she ain't just like you, she leaves me not knowin what I did"

[This message has been edited by DMD3 (edited September 01, 2003).]

I'm awfully sorry for saying this about you Border'buddy'stone, if this has offended you. It's bin a long time, and I know I've said bad things about her, and saying your just like her... Oh well, this was back in the day before she went sour, like bad milk and green berries.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #869
DMD3

quote:Originally posted by DMD3:
"Her names Leann and I'll be damned if she ain't just like you, she leaves me not knowin what I did"

[This message has been edited by DMD3 (edited September 01, 2003).]

I'm awfully sorry for saying this about you Border'buddy'stone, if this has offended you. It's bin a long time, and I know I've said bad things about her, and saying your just like her... Oh well, this was back in the day before she went sour, like bad milk and green berries.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:07 AM   #870
diego

Favorite GL song of mine is "The Pony Man" because it brings to mind memories of being a child again and not having a care in the world, just playing and enjoying life.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:07 AM   #871
diego

Favorite GL song of mine is "The Pony Man" because it brings to mind memories of being a child again and not having a care in the world, just playing and enjoying life.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:04 AM   #872
stationmaster

quote:Originally posted by diego:

That pretty much sums up DMD3!

------------------
"The station is for travelers even you must ride someday"

[This message has been edited by stationmaster (edited July 29, 2004).]
stationmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:27 PM   #873
JOSSE

quote:Originally posted by stationmaster:

I will be honest with you, I don't have A favorite song; however, I have a favorite LIST of Gordy songs! The reason is that Gordon's works seem to touch upon many different feelings, emotions, and experiences for me. I want to know when I can see him again in concert. My husband, daughter, and I have been checking monthly :-(

JOSSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:27 PM   #874
c.c.sharp@verizon.net

quote:Originally posted by stationmaster:

I will be honest with you, I don't have A favorite song; however, I have a favorite LIST of Gordy songs! The reason is that Gordon's works seem to touch upon many different feelings, emotions, and experiences for me. I want to know when I can see him again in concert. My husband, daughter, and I have been checking monthly :-(

c.c.sharp@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:17 PM   #875
vykaniema

how can you choose your favorite Gordy song, i dunno if i could, perhaps narrow down a couple good ones