banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-18-2000, 03:01 PM   #1
Dorothea

To all fans.Which is your favourite Gord Album and why?
Dorothea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2000, 03:01 PM   #2
Frank v

To all fans.Which is your favourite Gord Album and why?
Frank v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2000, 07:18 PM   #3
paradoxides

Don Quixote. While it doesn't necessarily have all his best songs (how could any one album?), it has the largest group of his best songs (in my opinion). It is the first album of his I heard. It has special meaning for me in that it is both my dad's favourite and mine. When I go home to visit we usually put it on the record player (ok, well, I bought him the CD this last Christmas and I think he's nearly worn it out already) in the morning and he makes me crepes and we drink coffee and talk. And usually we talk about that time when we were driving up in Canada and I was rather young and we were almost to Alberta and I made him pull off on the side of the road and find the proper song for driving into Alberta before we could actually cross that border...All around it is a great album.

------------------
bottles, beads and cigarettes and lovers that i ain't found yet. Picking with a friend 'til dawn, singing all those hi'way songs.
-GL

paradoxides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2000, 07:18 PM   #4
Pirate Queen

Don Quixote. While it doesn't necessarily have all his best songs (how could any one album?), it has the largest group of his best songs (in my opinion). It is the first album of his I heard. It has special meaning for me in that it is both my dad's favourite and mine. When I go home to visit we usually put it on the record player (ok, well, I bought him the CD this last Christmas and I think he's nearly worn it out already) in the morning and he makes me crepes and we drink coffee and talk. And usually we talk about that time when we were driving up in Canada and I was rather young and we were almost to Alberta and I made him pull off on the side of the road and find the proper song for driving into Alberta before we could actually cross that border...All around it is a great album.

------------------
bottles, beads and cigarettes and lovers that i ain't found yet. Picking with a friend 'til dawn, singing all those hi'way songs.
-GL

Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2000, 08:03 PM   #5
Frank v

i think summertime dream is still my favorite. it was the first record of his i heard, and my father gave it to me. besides its all around a great group of songs.
Old 01-18-2000, 08:03 PM   #6
PAUL B.

i think summertime dream is still my favorite. it was the first record of his i heard, and my father gave it to me. besides its all around a great group of songs.
PAUL B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2000, 10:36 PM   #7
Bunny

Where do I begin, I like Endless Wire it has Dreamland and Hey there Katey Then ther is IYCRMM. with Poor little Alsion and Approching Lavernder. to many to name but those make the top later
Bunny
any vidoes would be nice I'll gladly exchange
anything with someone bye Thank you
Old 01-18-2000, 10:36 PM   #8
Bunny

Where do I begin, I like Endless Wire it has Dreamland and Hey there Katey Then ther is IYCRMM. with Poor little Alsion and Approching Lavernder. to many to name but those make the top later
Bunny
any vidoes would be nice I'll gladly exchange
anything with someone bye Thank you
Old 01-19-2000, 06:17 PM   #9
Dorothea

Thanks for your replys Pirate Queen, Paul B and Bunny.They are all intresting choices.
Big favourites of the public and critics also.The title track, Christian island and on Susan's floor, are top level Gord.
Summertime dream I felt was the first album in a change of direction {more contempory of the music of the time}.
I agree, what a great surging track 'poor little Allison' is.Underated, one of his best.
The fine, warm and even Summer side of life and also the fresh, electrifying Salute, are two underlooked albums.
Anybody agree?
Thanks once again for your responce.

Old 01-19-2000, 06:17 PM   #10
Frank v

Thanks for your replys Pirate Queen, Paul B and Bunny.They are all intresting choices.
Big favourites of the public and critics also.The title track, Christian island and on Susan's floor, are top level Gord.
Summertime dream I felt was the first album in a change of direction {more contempory of the music of the time}.
I agree, what a great surging track 'poor little Allison' is.Underated, one of his best.
The fine, warm and even Summer side of life and also the fresh, electrifying Salute, are two underlooked albums.
Anybody agree?
Thanks once again for your responce.

Old 01-20-2000, 07:43 PM   #11
Annette

My favourite is "Songbook" because it has songs from every album plus unreleased songs. I especially like it because I'm still working on owning all of the albums. But I guess Songbook doesn't really count, does it?
Old 01-20-2000, 07:43 PM   #12
Annette

My favourite is "Songbook" because it has songs from every album plus unreleased songs. I especially like it because I'm still working on owning all of the albums. But I guess Songbook doesn't really count, does it?
Old 01-21-2000, 10:51 AM   #13
chris

Sure Songbook counts! I have trouble coming up with a favorite -- I have this weird feeling that by picking one I'm being disloyal to the others! My favorites are always changing. But one I go back to alot is Cold on the Shoulder. Rainbow Trout, Bells of the Evening, are such beautiful, songs. The album is really full of great songs. Bells of the Evening too. I like all the piano on that album too. So I guess if I really had to pick one, COTS would be it...I think.

chris

------------------
"It took most of my time to do what never was done" -- GL
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2000, 12:17 PM   #14
PAUL B.

"Sundown" is my favorite album, although I don't particularly consider the title track one of my favorites. "Seven Island Suite," "Circle of Steel," Carefree Highway," They just don't get any better than these. I first fell in love to the accompaniment of these songs. I never get tired of hearing them.
PAUL B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2000, 12:17 PM   #15
SaraJane

"Sundown" is my favorite album, although I don't particularly consider the title track one of my favorites. "Seven Island Suite," "Circle of Steel," Carefree Highway," They just don't get any better than these. I first fell in love to the accompaniment of these songs. I never get tired of hearing them.
SaraJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2000, 12:34 PM   #16
Dorothea

If you like it,Annette it counts.So many good tracks,neatly packaged.
Hi Chris,great album cots.As fine as fine can be.Quality from begining to end.
Thanks Frank v
Old 01-21-2000, 12:34 PM   #17
Frank v

Thanks Frank v
Old 01-21-2000, 12:42 PM   #18
Dorothea

Thanks Frank v
Old 01-21-2000, 12:42 PM   #19
Frank v

Thanks Frank v
Old 01-21-2000, 12:43 PM   #20
Dorothea

Thanks Frank v
Old 01-21-2000, 12:43 PM   #21
Frank v

Thanks Frank v
Old 01-21-2000, 12:45 PM   #22
Dorothea

Thanks Frank v
Old 01-21-2000, 12:45 PM   #23
Frank v

Thanks Frank v
Old 01-21-2000, 11:08 PM   #24
thermodynamic me

SaraJane,

I have to agree with you. Sundown is my favorite. I would add The Watchman's Gone to the list of classics on the album. Like you I don't think Sundown is the best song on the album but of course that was his only #1 hit. I was surprised that The Watchman's Gone was not in the anthology. He often sings it at his concerts.

GL is doing two concerts in my area (southern New England) this spring. I will be going to the one in New Haven, CT. I can't go to the one in Northampton, MA as I will be traveling. This will be the first time I have seen him live since the mid 80's when he performed at the Bushnell in Hartford, CT.

Buddy
thermodynamic me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2000, 11:08 PM   #25
BuddyP

SaraJane,

I have to agree with you. Sundown is my favorite. I would add The Watchman's Gone to the list of classics on the album. Like you I don't think Sundown is the best song on the album but of course that was his only #1 hit. I was surprised that The Watchman's Gone was not in the anthology. He often sings it at his concerts.

GL is doing two concerts in my area (southern New England) this spring. I will be going to the one in New Haven, CT. I can't go to the one in Northampton, MA as I will be traveling. This will be the first time I have seen him live since the mid 80's when he performed at the Bushnell in Hartford, CT.

Buddy
BuddyP is offline   Reply With Quote