banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
RM

Default Favorite Christmas Toys

I miss not having any tykes around for Christmas.

I was reflecting on the magical gifts from Santa that I received in days of yore. Tinker Toys and a Strombecker 1/32nd scale slot-car racing set come to mind first.

Anyone else ?
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
nikki

Default Re: Favorite Christmas Toys

One year I got an easy bake oven, but neither of my parents realized it needed a lightbulb to work...needless to say nobody ever did get the lightbulb, and it sat unused in my closet for years. We still talk about it.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
charlene

I don't recall too many things that far back..

but I do love this internet thing...
a Merry XMAS wish from a fellow in England where it is 2 a.m. on XMAS morn just popped in my INBOX.and coming in right behind it was a XMAS wish from a cousin in B.C. where it is only 5 p.m. on XMAS eve..amazing..
my my my...it's quite the amazing gift this thing they call the internet.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
christine75

I remember one year i received a container of lincoln logs.
christine75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
timetraveler

I think that one of my personal favourites has been & will always be Legos. You can do all sorts of things with them.
timetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #6
nikki

Hahaha...I even tried using it before I realized it needed a lightbulb - "Why won't my cupcakes cook?!"

I was pretty spoiled for presents growing up...my 2 brothers are quite a few years older then me (I was a pretty big surprise...) and they had moved out when I was still a baby...so I got the majority of the presents and they were all good ones.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #7
Borderstone

In terms of a "real boy's" gift,it had to be the Evel Kenivel wind up motorcylce/jump set.

You set the motorcycle with his likeness on a little platform,turn the white handle quickly 'round in a circle that builds up power and then hit the release button and the cycle takes off and makes it's jump over the adjoining ramps.

Aside from that,my other two were a Fisher Price "Sesame Street House." A facilmile of the two brownstone buildings joined together and those little Fisher-Price people with no arms or legs. LOL! Along with tiny furniture and cars,plus a nest for Big Bird!

Lastly,my first real bike,with one of those "banana seats" at age 10!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
Nightingale

Let's see...I think I was about ten and I got a chemistry set that I had been asking for.
I promptly mixed up an experiment incorrectly and it bubbled up out of the container and made a big purple stain on the white tile flooring on the back porch.

I think I got in trouble but I really don't remember...lol. I loved that gift
into the broad ocean..."

G. Lightfoot "Tattoo"
Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:22 AM   #9
RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
Let's see...I think I was about ten and I got a chemistry set that I had been asking for.
I promptly mixed up an experiment incorrectly and it bubbled up out of the container and made a big purple stain on the white tile flooring on the back porch.
Oh boy....that gave me a flash back. "Let's see...if I mix this with that, I wonder what will happen ....." We were pioneers in the Weapons of Mass Destruction program.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
timetraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by podunklander View Post
Hope you ate the batter anyway....I know I would have . yeah I'm the last fruit on the tree too. Not so big an age difference between my brother and I (11 years) than you and your brothers. I was 7 when my brother moved out and I was devastated!
Yeah, I had an Easy Bake Oven myself at one time. I not only baked whatever items that they had mixes for, I also baked a few other things as well, and I don't think they were food items either! i think that may be why I burned out so many lightbulbs. I was rather hard on such stuff. When it comes to age differance between siblings, I'm the oldest "fruit" on the tree(47), my brother is 40 & my sister is 37. And I'll have to admit that when I was about 30 or so years younger, I used to wish I was an only child.
timetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote