banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
Borderstone

Given how we are such fans of G.L.'s and how frequently we post here...have any of you ever had a Lightfoot related dream? (hopefully not nightmare! )

I forgot about this dream I had a few weeks ago but just happened to recall it while reading his biography book.

I dreamt that he and I were opening a restaurant together and it was going to be called Gordon's Borderstone Galley or such.
Well all was going fine with this until at some moment in the dream,I accidently knocked over a large refrigerator that had a glass door and inside were Coca-cola bottles!

Why the bottles were glass when they haven't been in nearly 20 years I don't know but he came running up and said,"Walter,just for that you'll have to surrender the use of the name Borderstone!"

That's all he did! No firing,telling me to get out or anything! By the way,he looked like he did on the cover of Summertime Dream instead of how he looks now.
Maybe that's why the bottles were glass! Could this dream have taken place in the '70s?? Cool! Been me. Later!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #2
stephanniel

that is some dream!

I had a dream I was at one of his concerts. Just as he walked on stage and started playing, everyone got up and started dancing just like we was at a barn dance in the country ( I am from Arkansas). It was really fun and everyone had a good time. After the show, Mr.Lightfoot and his band was getting everything packed up, and there was huge banquet with enough food and drinks for everyone( of course they stayed for that too) . I even got to dance with him. Yes, that was fun dream.
stephanniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
SilverHeels

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
Given how we are such fans of G.L.'s and how frequently we post here...have any of you ever had a Lightfoot related dream?

Oh yeh, and I am gonna tell you all, right?
Dream on, guys!
LOL

ps it was pretty good tho.
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:12 AM   #4
Aime_41

Given how we are such fans of G.L.'s and how frequently we post here...have any of you ever had a Lightfoot related dream? (hopefully not nightmare! )

I forgot about this dream I had a few weeks ago but just happened to recall it while reading his biography book.

I dreamt that he and I were opening a restaurant together and it was going to be called Gordon's Borderstone Galley or such.
Well all was going fine with this until at some moment in the dream,I accidently knocked over a large refrigerator that had a glass door and inside were Coca-cola bottles!

Why the bottles were glass when they haven't been in nearly 20 years I don't know but he came running up and said,"Walter,just for that you'll have to surrender the use of the name Borderstone!"

That's all he did! No firing,telling me to get out or anything! By the way,he looked like he did on the cover of Summertime Dream instead of how he looks now.
Maybe that's why the bottles were glass! Could this dream have taken place in the '70s?? Cool! Been me. Later!

Does the dream have to be a dream while sleeping???

------------------
Aime_41
Aime_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:13 PM   #5
Borderstone

Well,if you got truly lost in a daydream Aime,I guess it would count!

C'mon Silverheels! At least give a clue!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Old 01-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #6
SilverHeels

C'mon Silverheels! At least give a clue!

*sigh* ... will that do?
Old 01-14-2005, 04:01 PM   #7
Borderstone

quote:Originally posted by SilverHeels:
*sigh* ... will that do? Yup! That's the one! Hee-hee!

------------------
Old 01-14-2005, 07:48 PM   #8
LSH

Oh B, I really can see you knocking over a refrigerator. funny! dreams are strange.
who cleaned up the mess?
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #9
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

I once had a dream that a bunch of us were sitting front row center at Massey Hall. Gord invited Derek and me up on stage to do our versions of Don Quixote and Ribbon Of Darkness. Terry gave his guitar to Derek, and Gord handed his D-18 over to me. I slung the strap over my shoulder and put my arms around the guitar, and the thing started growing. It got bigger and bigger until I could no longer reach the neck or the strings. It was approximately the size of a stand up double bass. Derek kept saying, "Start the song, Cathy. Start the song, Cathy... Will you start the song? What's the hold-up? Start the damned song!" I was freaking out, because the guitar wouldn't stop growing, and every one in the audience was laughing hysterically. Gord didn't help me out at all. He just stood there with a frantic, shocked look on his face, saying something like, "Hey! What are you doing to my guitar?" Terry was sitting on his amp, leaning ahead, shoulders heaving in fits of uncontrollable laughter. I could hear Rick chuckling in the background. It was a traumatic experience! I think I woke up hyperventilating and gasping for air.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 04:26 PM   #10
Borderstone

LSH! Who cleaned up the mess? Gord hollored,
"Christian" clean up on "Isle,end" 6!"

Actually,I woke up after he recinded my use of "Borderstone".

------------------
Old 01-15-2005, 05:42 PM   #11
bjb

quote:...I was freaking out, because the guitar wouldn't stop growing
Cathy

Hi Cathy,
wow, what a classic Freudian dream (I think)...and mine probably is too...before the Hamilton shows, I dreamed that I got there, but the show had been moved to another room and nobody told me...

BJ

bjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #12
Cathy

quote:Originally posted by bjb:
Hi Cathy,
wow, what a classic Freudian dream (I think)...and mine probably is too...before the Hamilton shows, I dreamed that I got there, but the show had been moved to another room and nobody told me...

BJ

I think it was a bad case of performance anxiety.

Old 01-15-2005, 07:24 PM   #13
brink

quote:Originally posted by SilverHeels:
Oh yeh, and I am gonna tell you all, right?
Dream on, guys!
LOL

ps it was pretty good tho.

Did we have the same dream? Borderstone you have to realize that I have been "dreaming" about Gord for 33 years! And i ain't telling a single one of them!
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:43 AM   #14
miketouhy

well i mentioned the on the small talk board being one who grew up on Sesame Street, there was this film about trains witch apparently was filmed on the long island RR. well in reality. there was a song that went with it that simply discribes what it's like riding the train. t typed some of the song out in my post on the other board. matter of fact the song might of been sung by Tom Paxton. i heard 1 of this songs on 1 of the internet stations i listen to. well i dreamed that i saw this SS film and swore i heard instead of this other song Lightfoots Steel RR blues was playing while they showed this film. witch is definitly wierd because after all what would Steel RR blues have any connection to a film made for a children's TV show?

[This message has been edited by miketouhy (edited January 17, 2005).]
Old 01-17-2005, 10:33 PM   #15
gwen snyder

Cathy, hm-m? Sounds Freudian alright.
Borderstone, your dream was odd indeed.
I keep having this dream about flying on a plane I am copilot and Gord is dressed up as a pilot all except for that Hawaiian shirt. What is it with that shirt? But, since new dressing trends are the current style with the man, well, it lessens my anxiety. Freudian? Uh yeah I'm thinkin.
And if any of you know my daughter could someone please give that wonderful child a large hint that Gord tickets would be very appropriate this Mothers' Day (every Mothers' Day she gives dear old (as dirt) mom tickets to some awesome concert and usually has very good seats)---so, someone please??? Don't make me beg, I'm too poor to buy them myself...you guys know I would do it for you.
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:34 AM   #16
Cathy

quote:Originally posted by gwen snyder:
Cathy, hm-m? Sounds Freudian alright.
Borderstone, your dream was odd indeed.
I keep having this dream about flying on a plane I am copilot and Gord is dressed up as a pilot all except for that Hawaiian shirt. What is it with that shirt? But, since new dressing trends are the current style with the man, well, it lessens my anxiety. Freudian? Uh yeah I'm thinkin.
And if any of you know my daughter could someone please give that wonderful child a large hint that Gord tickets would be very appropriate this Mothers' Day (every Mothers' Day she gives dear old (as dirt) mom tickets to some awesome concert and usually has very good seats)---so, someone please??? Don't make me beg, I'm too poor to buy them myself...you guys know I would do it for you.

I'll give her a little hint, from one VMSer to another.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:04 AM   #17
SilverHeels

quote:Originally posted by brink:
Did we have the same dream? !

Debs, much as I love you, I don't do 'threesomes'
Old 01-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #18
brink

I was hoping to take turns.

[This message has been edited by brink (edited January 18, 2005).]
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:56 PM   #19
Borderstone

Boy,now I really am blushing!!!

You ladies! You're a bunch-a Dream Street Roses!

------------------
Old 01-22-2006, 05:11 PM   #20
Borderstone

I had to come back to this thread,because I had yet another GL dream. (<---That's surprise not fear,by the way.)

In this one,I take a bus down to Tempe,AZ ( 70 min. or so by bus) and I end up in this non-existant town square (Tempe has none.)
Here I find Gord at a table (looking like the cover of "GG 2" )& signing autographs but also signing a book he's written about building homes for people in need.

His main targets being the poor,flood/hurricane victims,widows of miners and more. The book is called,"The Hammer Project". I pick one he autographs it and as I'm leafing through it,it's filled with odd illustrations. Most likely about homes and the people they're for. Almost forgot,he said he'd donate the proceeds of his next CD to the most recent miners' widows.

He then up & asks,"Walter,are you going to help out in the "hammer project"?
I do not remember my answer but I would hope I said yes! The only thing dumb about this dream is instead of staying and talking with him,I.... get on another bus & go home???!! What kinda ending is that?

Hoo boy! Just thought I'd share! Later!
Old 01-22-2006, 06:38 PM   #21
The Rez

Nope . . .

The Rez
[Psalm 139:13]
The Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #22
Borderstone

Quote:
Originally posted by The Rez:
Nope . . .

The Rez
What in the name of literacy is "that" supposed to mean? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2006, 12:54 AM   #23
mnmouse

Borderstone,

I believe that is Rez's response to your original question:

"Given how we are such fans of G.L.'s and how frequently we post here...have any of you ever had a Lightfoot related dream?"

Make more sense now?
mnmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #24
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Borderstone:
quote: Nope . . .

The Rez
What in the name of literacy is "that" supposed to mean? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Walter you are surely not saying that you never heard or used the simple word "nope" are you???
try:-
http://www.nope.org

John Fowles
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:49 PM   #25
Borderstone

Yes,I've heard of the word (especially on "Gumby" with his pet dog "Nopey" that only says that word. LoL :D )

I just didn't know what Rez was referring too. It would have helped (literary wise) if Rez said,"In answer to your question..etc."