banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2000, 10:04 PM   #51
sundownbuff

Dear Silver Heels, As I said the concert was just as enjoyable from the back as the front. Gord had on his usual red flowered shirt on along with his boots and black jeans. They are probably a size 28 or 30inch. A nice trim man is he. I think the jeans are levis. They look real fine. The second set he came out wearing his usual black tee shirt with ROCK on it. On his feet were his white, new looking, as usual, nike sneakers along with jeans. He continued to look fine. With the tee shirt his muscles looked really nice. Though I am probably one of the older members on this site (54) my eyes are still as good as they were when I first saw him in 1964 (I think it was that year in a pub on Yonge Street. I might be off a year or so.
sundownbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2000, 10:38 PM   #52
rainydayperson

How about "Up A Lazy River" (an old Mills Brothers tune), "Blackbird" (Beatles),
"Send In The Clowns" (Judy Collins), "El Paso" (Marty Robbins), "Castles In The Air"
(Don M.)?
rainydayperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2000, 10:38 PM   #53
classicmixdj

How about "Up A Lazy River" (an old Mills Brothers tune), "Blackbird" (Beatles),
"Send In The Clowns" (Judy Collins), "El Paso" (Marty Robbins), "Castles In The Air"
(Don M.)?
classicmixdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2000, 11:21 PM   #54
Chris M

I just remembered something....the in 80s one
of his alltime favorite songs was "Both Sides
Now" by Judy Collins. I'd dearly love to hear
him to that one in any way, shape, form, just gimme that one pleeeease.
Chris M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2000, 11:21 PM   #55
midnightmisty

I just remembered something....the in 80s one
of his alltime favorite songs was "Both Sides
Now" by Judy Collins. I'd dearly love to hear
him to that one in any way, shape, form, just gimme that one pleeeease.
midnightmisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 09:03 AM   #56
rainydayperson

What about the Bee Gees tune "Words"?
Old 08-22-2000, 09:03 AM   #57
classicmixdj

What about the Bee Gees tune "Words"?
Old 08-22-2000, 04:37 PM   #58
Chris M

Hello Everyone.

I just had an idea about a song. Do any of you, especially our friends in Canada, remember one called "Friends & Lovers" by
Gloria Loring? (she's the ex-wife of Gord's friend Alan Thicke) It was a beautiful song and another one, I'd like to hear him do in honour of his own best friend and lover, wife
Elizabeth. It's pretty romantic, but the key
is pretty high, so I don't know. I'd really
love to have him do a totally romantic CD all
in honour of Elizabeth! I'm certain that something like that would end up being my all
time favorite. (ps. he could do his own songs, too! LOL! But the topic is "written by other people..." so this is just a reply to that. I'd still prefer to hear his own songs, of course!)

midnightmisty
Old 08-22-2000, 04:37 PM   #59
midnightmisty

Hello Everyone.

I just had an idea about a song. Do any of you, especially our friends in Canada, remember one called "Friends & Lovers" by
Gloria Loring? (she's the ex-wife of Gord's friend Alan Thicke) It was a beautiful song and another one, I'd like to hear him do in honour of his own best friend and lover, wife
in honour of Elizabeth! I'm certain that something like that would end up being my all
time favorite. (ps. he could do his own songs, too! LOL! But the topic is "written by other people..." so this is just a reply to that. I'd still prefer to hear his own songs, of course!)

midnightmisty
Old 08-22-2000, 04:43 PM   #60
Chris M

To Classmixdj,

Please forgive me for having been so rude!
But I've never heard "Words" by the Bee Gees!
I've seldom ever listened to the radio as most of my listening time has been to CDs, Tapes, LPs, etc. Now you've got me thinking
that I must be missing out on alot of other good music. hum.........

midnightmisty
Old 08-22-2000, 04:43 PM   #61
midnightmisty

To Classmixdj,

Please forgive me for having been so rude!
But I've never heard "Words" by the Bee Gees!
I've seldom ever listened to the radio as most of my listening time has been to CDs, Tapes, LPs, etc. Now you've got me thinking
that I must be missing out on alot of other good music. hum.........

midnightmisty
Old 08-22-2000, 06:06 PM   #62
fezo

quote:Originally posted by sundownbuff:
Dear Silver Heels, As I said the concert was just as enjoyable from the back as the front. Gord had on his usual red flowered shirt on along with his boots and black jeans. They are probably a size 28 or 30inch. A nice trim man is he. I think the jeans are levis. They look real fine. The second set he came out wearing his usual black tee shirt with ROCK on it. On his feet were his white, new looking, as usual, nike sneakers along with jeans. He continued to look fine. With the tee shirt his muscles looked really nice. Though I am probably one of the older members on this site (54) my eyes are still as good as they were when I first saw him in 1964 (I think it was that year in a pub on Yonge Street. I might be off a year or so.
\Dear Sundownbuff, forgive the lapse in
thanking you for your wonderful descriptive report (see above)- I've been lying down ever since, a wet flannel to my brow. Now I
want to hear all about the pub on Yonge Street. Oh my Gord, I may never stand up again! Talk to me, Sundownbuff - NOW
fezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 06:06 PM   #63
Silver Heels

quote:Originally posted by sundownbuff:
\Dear Sundownbuff, forgive the lapse in
thanking you for your wonderful descriptive report (see above)- I've been lying down ever since, a wet flannel to my brow. Now I
want to hear all about the pub on Yonge Street. Oh my Gord, I may never stand up again! Talk to me, Sundownbuff - NOW
Silver Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 06:11 PM   #64
fezo

M quote:Originally posted by midnightmisty:
Hello Everyone.

midnightmisty

Misty, I cannot think of a more awful idea for a CD! Songs for Elizabeth (Jeez, I've even given 'em an idea for the title!) No, No, No. NEVER! LOL
Old 08-22-2000, 06:11 PM   #65
Silver Heels

M quote:Originally posted by midnightmisty:
Hello Everyone.

midnightmisty

Misty, I cannot think of a more awful idea for a CD! Songs for Elizabeth (Jeez, I've even given 'em an idea for the title!) No, No, No. NEVER! LOL
Old 08-22-2000, 06:25 PM   #66
Chris M

Dear Mr. Gordon M. Lightfoot,

I'm strongly urging you to record a new CD of original material for and about the legendary, mysterious and exotic Silver Heels. She's a facsinating & very sweet, funny world class beauty. It would be to your benefit to at least consider and investigate this matter.

Thank you in advance,
midnightmisty
Old 08-22-2000, 06:25 PM   #67
midnightmisty

I'm strongly urging you to record a new CD of original material for and about the legendary, mysterious and exotic Silver Heels. She's a facsinating & very sweet, funny world class beauty. It would be to your benefit to at least consider and investigate this matter.

Thank you in advance,
midnightmisty
Old 08-22-2000, 06:38 PM   #68
fezo

quote:Originally posted by midnightmisty:

Thank you in advance,
midnightmisty

Now THIS is a much better idea for a CD.
I'd buy a few copies of this one

Old 08-22-2000, 06:38 PM   #69
Silver Heels

quote:Originally posted by midnightmisty:

Thank you in advance,
midnightmisty

Now THIS is a much better idea for a CD.
I'd buy a few copies of this one

Old 08-22-2000, 09:02 PM   #70
rainydayperson

midnightmisty...To "Words" the lyrics are as follows:

Smile an everlasting smile, a smile can bring you near to me.
Don't ever let me find you down, cause that would bring a tear to me.
This world has lost its glory, let's start a brand new story now my love.
Right now, there'll be no other time and I can show you how my love.

Talk in everlasting words, and dedicate them all to me.
And I will give you all my life, I'm here if you should call to me.
You think that I don't even mean a single word I say.
It's only words, and words are all I have, to take your heart away.

Quite touching eh?

------------------
let me slip away on you

[This message has been edited by classicmixdj (edited August 22, 2000).]
Old 08-22-2000, 09:02 PM   #71
classicmixdj

midnightmisty...To "Words" the lyrics are as follows:

Smile an everlasting smile, a smile can bring you near to me.
Don't ever let me find you down, cause that would bring a tear to me.
This world has lost its glory, let's start a brand new story now my love.
Right now, there'll be no other time and I can show you how my love.

Talk in everlasting words, and dedicate them all to me.
And I will give you all my life, I'm here if you should call to me.
You think that I don't even mean a single word I say.
It's only words, and words are all I have, to take your heart away.

Quite touching eh?

------------------
let me slip away on you

[This message has been edited by classicmixdj (edited August 22, 2000).]
Old 08-22-2000, 10:20 PM   #72
Chris M

classicmixdj,

Thank you for the lryics! It brought back the
melody for me, too! And yes, it is VERY
touching! But I think it would have to go on the Elizabeth CD as the one about Silver Heels will probably be another boxed set -
but this time all original material. And they
better not forget the little book!

(no. i'm not her agent!)

midnightmisty
Old 08-22-2000, 10:20 PM   #73
midnightmisty

classicmixdj,

Thank you for the lryics! It brought back the
melody for me, too! And yes, it is VERY
touching! But I think it would have to go on the Elizabeth CD as the one about Silver Heels will probably be another boxed set -
but this time all original material. And they
better not forget the little book!

(no. i'm not her agent!)

midnightmisty
Old 08-22-2000, 10:28 PM   #74
Rose

Dear Silver Heels, It was so long ago, I was 18, that makes it 36 years ago. My girl friend and I headed to Toronto. I lived south of Buffalo. I was, in those days, very familar with Toronto as I had three sets of aunts and uncles who lived in the Toronto area. We often headed north to have some fun. That particular evening we arrived in the fair city and very quickly met up with two gentlemen who led the way to Yonge Street. Low and behold there was our favorite singer who at that time was not very familar to us in the states. I don't remember the songs that were played that evening but I do remember my "date's" name was Johnny, a blonde, handsome Canadian young man who said we just had to hear this great singer perform. The bar, I don't remember the name was your typical pub with a young crowd. I did agree with Johnny that this singer was great as he played his guitar. His name was Gordon Lightfoot.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 10:28 PM   #75
sundownbuff

Dear Silver Heels, It was so long ago, I was 18, that makes it 36 years ago. My girl friend and I headed to Toronto. I lived south of Buffalo. I was, in those days, very familar with Toronto as I had three sets of aunts and uncles who lived in the Toronto area. We often headed north to have some fun. That particular evening we arrived in the fair city and very quickly met up with two gentlemen who led the way to Yonge Street. Low and behold there was our favorite singer who at that time was not very familar to us in the states. I don't remember the songs that were played that evening but I do remember my "date's" name was Johnny, a blonde, handsome Canadian young man who said we just had to hear this great singer perform. The bar, I don't remember the name was your typical pub with a young crowd. I did agree with Johnny that this singer was great as he played his guitar. His name was Gordon Lightfoot.
sundownbuff is offline   Reply With Quote