banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2000, 06:42 AM   #151
wordmanray

Gordon...We share the same birthday and the same calling...you have been my lifelong inspiration...happy birthday from Denamrk
Old 11-14-2000, 07:27 AM   #152
Dr.Henry M. BODENSEHER

We sing for you an Austrian birthday song:
HOCH SOLL ER LEBEN
HOCH SOLL ER LEBEN
DREI MAL HOCH !!

Congratulations

Henry
(Vienna, Austria)

Old 11-14-2000, 07:11 PM   #153
stevenmomm

Mr. G.

For sharing your spirit with so many of us for so long and inspiring and inciting those like me, I thank you. Here's to faith in the magic of your lyrics and the power of your melodies. Happy birthday. God bless you.

Old 11-14-2000, 09:07 PM   #154
Laura

Dear Gordon:

Having followed your career since the early
70's, I can honestly say I enjoy your music as much today as I did then. Thank you very much for so many years of great music. Since my birthday falls two days before yours, you always come to mind mid-November...so from one Scorpio to another, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I had the privilege of meeting you several years back, and you were every bit as gracious and charming as I hoped you would be. Please know that the memory of this, along with your music, has enriched my life.

Your #1 Fan in Chicago, Laura
Old 11-15-2000, 06:32 PM   #155
CactusWill

Happy Birthday Gordon!

Today is November 15, 2000. The first snowflakes of the year have just landed here in the Pocono Mountains, putting me in a reflective mood. It was on November 15,1994 (exactly six years ago this day) that my husband and I were fortunate enough to see you perform at Carnegie Hall. Actually "perform" isn't quite the right word, because you seemed so comfortable and relaxed on stage as if you were playing in your own home.

My most vivid memory of that evening, however, was after the show. As frosty winds swept through the city, you graciously stood outside with your fans and greeted each person like an old friend. Your kindness warmed all our hearts, keeping the chill at bay. Thank you.

Our birthday wish for you: May each day bring you health, happiness, and all the best in life.

Sincerely,

Ricki and Cactus Will Warner
Canadensis, Pennsylvania
Old 11-15-2000, 10:27 PM   #156
catmanron

Happy Birthday Gordon ( and Many More !!)

Thankyou for the years of pleasure you have given me. Have a great day mate, keep up the good work, and have a great day.

Ron. Melbourne, Australia
Old 11-15-2000, 10:57 PM   #157
joveski

Happy birthday Gord if you happen to read this. Thanks for all the great albums that you've recorded and may you have many more (birthdays & albums!)

Mende,
Melbourne, Australia too
Old 11-16-2000, 12:53 PM   #158
Nathan Myers

Have a great Birthday Gordon!! I have followed your music since you released "If You Could Read My Mind"! I have enjoyed your ballads and down to earth folk music. I hope to hear you in concert here in Indiana sometime in the near future.

Best Regards, Nathan Myers

Old 11-16-2000, 01:43 PM   #159
Michelle

quote:Originally posted by Florian:
Happy Birthday, Gordon Lightfoot!

Hello! Happy birthday to you.

As suggested, I'd like to collect all birthday wishes under one topic, and I'll then print it out and send it to Gordon Lightfoot.

Please post your birthday greeting by clicking on the "Post Reply" button.

I'm sure he will be most happy to see how much he is appreciated all around the world.

[This message has been edited by Florian (edited September 24, 2000).]

Old 11-16-2000, 01:48 PM   #160
Michelle

Happy Birthday to you!
Old 11-16-2000, 10:39 PM   #161
Susan

Happy Birthday Sir!

Your music is the one constant in my life. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome talent. I wish you health and happiness, and the best birthday ever!

Susan

Old 11-17-2000, 06:25 AM   #162
wolfebay

Happy Birthday, Gord!
Thanks for so many years of enjoyment for me and my family, seeing you in concert and having your songs as the soundtrack to our lives. Here's to many more!

Old 11-17-2000, 01:44 PM   #163
Kevan

I owe you a lot Gord. 30 years ago I wore down 33's to get every Travis picking lick. Still enjoy playing your tunes. Have a wonderful day!
Old 11-17-2000, 02:41 PM   #164
boo and dave

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the great songs! Keep up the great work!

Old 11-17-2000, 03:01 PM   #165
Kevan_

Hi Gord. Just a note to say I've been playing for 30 years now thanks to you. I learned Travis picking off your records and continue to pick your tunes. Have a great day today.

Old 11-17-2000, 05:52 PM   #166
lightfootfan

Happy Birthday Gordon!! You are the best!! We sure do enjoy all of your music!
Ray and Maryann Taylor
Old 11-17-2000, 05:54 PM   #167
steggy

Happy Birthday to the Canadian Troubadour!

Earlier today, I was playing the "Sundown" LP while working on a project for a client. I've had this LP since 1972 or 1973 (not sure, but I was in my late twenties when I received as a gift). When you started singing "Is There Anyone Home" I had to stop what I was doing, turn up the volume and listen. I've heard this song many times but it still speaks to me, as do all of your songs. I've got other albums (all LP's) of yours, all of them still sounding like new, and all of them filled with meaningful music.

It is my sincere wish that you enjoy many more birthdays and fill that time with the creation of more fine music. God bless you and keep that guitar hummin'!

Old 11-17-2000, 06:15 PM   #168
2Much2Lose

Happy Birthday, Gord.

I know it's not one of your songs, but the lyrics to "Killing Me Softly" describe the effect of your songs on me, except those times when "it's like a few good friends and neighbors playin' the nighttime tunes."

So glad to see you are coming back to McCarter Theatre, where 26 years ago it was "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face."

You keep playing and we'll keep listening. I know that's a one-sided bargain with us getting the best of the deal, but I hope you will agree.

May your happiness only increase.

Old 11-17-2000, 11:00 PM   #169
Tom

Happy Birthday Gordon! You are & always will be a special person in my life. Your music is always there for me, whether I'm up or down. Your a true hero. May you have many more e-birthdays!
Love, Tom

P.S. Can you sing that "Early Morning Rain" song one more time?

P.S.S. Please visit my 1st websight @ www.myplay.com then click "my locker" and enter--email: ElvisAronPresley@aol.com & Password: Gord62

------------------
"...If YoU fEeL iT yOu BeTtEr BeLiEvE iT, yOu'Re GoNnA sEe It, YoU nEeD tO kNoW/iT iS rIsInG lIkE a FeAtHeR, dIpPiNg & DaNcInG fRoM bElOw/ThErE's A nEw WaVe ThAt Is BrEaKiNg In ThE wAkE oF a PaSsInG sHiP/eVeRy NaTiOn'S gOnNa Be ShAkEn, PuT iT tOgEtHeR, dOn'T lEt It SlIp..."

[This message has been edited by Tom (edited November 17, 2000).]
Old 11-18-2000, 03:15 AM   #170
Happy birthday,Gord. Your

Happy birthday,Gord. Your music has given me so much pleasure over many, many years and I hope you'll keep on keeping on for many years to come. Have a great day, and a wonderful year. Thanks for the great music.

Old 11-18-2000, 03:16 AM   #171
agiappraisers@aol.com

I caught your concert last Friday evening in Minneapolis 11/11/00 with a very special friend of 23 years. It is your music that was the catalyst for him to come down from Alaska to enjoy his birthday. Thank you for all of the wonderful years that we have enjoyed each and every one of your songs. You are the best!!
Robyn and Randy

Old 11-18-2000, 03:19 AM   #172
Florian

Many thanks to everyone who has signed this birthday card.

I will now close the card for this year, and you can read the exiting story of the delivery of this card at:

Delivery of the Birthday Card
Closed Thread