banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-30-2003, 09:34 AM   #1
DMD3

When my alarm clock goes off, the radio comes on. And I have it turned to the news. And I heard that tommorrow Bush is going to announce the end of the war. I was groggy at that time (who would'nt be) so I missed out on a lot of the details. Is'nt that good news to those who didn't know that?
Old 04-30-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
Borderstone

It's the end of the "Major" hostilities but not exactly the complete end of the war. Some troops will still have to stay over there to help keep the peace and will still be in danger of the fools who still want to fight them because they hate Americans. Until a lot of time and rebuilding and healing goes by,no war is ever really "over". For those who fight in it and see the horror,it doesn't end until they do. I know you expected a different answer but being older and wiser than I used to be,I can't simply jump up & down about it,but I'm glad this part is over anyway. Now this can get back to abnormal around here. Later.

------------------
Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 04:02 AM   #3
Edna Clouds

Borderstone

I have to say I think you are wrong in saying, that "they hate Americans" What a lot of people 'hate' is, America. I am not going to try and qualify that statement, this is not the place.

However I can recommend an excellent book:

"Why Do People Hate America?" By Ziauddin Sardar & Merryl Wyn Davis.

Read it!
Edna Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:30 AM   #4
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

DMD3,

Did you know that if the person who started a topic deletes the original post the whole thread gets deleted? This comes in handy some times so you might want to make a note of it.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:42 AM   #5
Edna Clouds

I may be Edna Clouds, but it is prefable to being Edna Sand.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:23 AM   #6
DMD3

I agree with both Bordrstone and Edna Clouds. A war is not really over until the fools who are crazy enough to still fight are taken care of. But then again, there will always be those who hate us.
(Hopefully I haven't started something like what got started when the Columbia went down.)

By the way, Edna Clouds, how'd you do that with that smilie? I've never seen one do that before.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:33 PM   #7
Edna Clouds

DMD3, If you right click the little icon, a box comes up. Click on 'properties' and a properties box will appear. This will give the URL' using the UBB code for Adding Images, you can reproduce it. I found this on another website

Hope that helps.

PS I used to be able to spell preferable