banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 10-27-2004, 06:36 PM   #1
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

I know I was away for awhile. It was a serious case of computer burnout. I have no other excuse. I'm just wondering where the youngster went.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #2
TheWatchman

Banned from corfid and I had to ban him from my forum as well.
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:16 PM   #3
Harmony

Is this the "You know who" that Nile was talking about? I read some of DMD3's older stuff and he seemed like a nice person...
Harmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:59 PM   #4
LSH

The bad stuff was deleted, Harmony.
He got out of hand.
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:22 PM   #5
joveski

he got banned, came back with some other nicknames, started even more crap and then got banned. much quieter without him!
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:53 PM   #6
stationmaster

I'm sure he's still around. He posts under other names. I am almost afraid to welcome new members because I suspect it to be him. Sad or what?
stationmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:46 AM   #7
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Maybe he'll show up in Hamilton and say he's sorry to everyone he insulted and offended. And maybe he'll buy us all dinner. "Fairy Tales Can Come True..."

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:06 AM   #8
djb

quote:Originally posted by TheWatchman:
... my forum as well.

Which is your forum, Watchman? If I'm not already there without being aware of it, I'd like to join.

-- David

Old 10-28-2004, 09:43 AM   #9
SilverHeels

quote:Originally posted by Cathy:
I know I was away for awhile. It was a serious case of computer burnout. I have no other excuse. I'm just wondering where the youngster went.

The 'youngster' was a cretin, Cathy. We are much better here without him - altho he repeatedly tries to sneak back in but he is ignored, as he should be.
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:36 AM   #10
Cathy

quote:Originally posted by SilverHeels:
The 'youngster' was a cretin, Cathy. We are much better here without him - altho he repeatedly tries to sneak back in but he is ignored, as he should be.

I thought at first he was a nice kid. You've got to love these kids who are moved by Lightfoot's music. Then, as time went on, I thought, "Okay, he's a typical teenager." As more time went on, I noticed he was really taking things to extremes. It seemed to happen about the same time he got his license and discovered some new-found freedom. Kids do that. They go through these rebellious periods where they actually strive on driving adults up a tree. I know. I've raised two of those little cretins myself. Luckily, my cretins turned out to be very nice young men. Hopefully, DMD3 will one day reach a level of maturity where he can come back and participate in a more responsible manner.

Old 10-28-2004, 07:20 PM   #11
brink

quote:Originally posted by stationmaster:
I'm sure he's still around. He posts under other names. I am almost afraid to welcome new members because I suspect it to be him. Sad or what?

Laurel and I were talking about that a while ago. It is sad, we used to be very happy to welcome new people now we're very cautious. But he is here again under Ronin Warrior and there is another post that I think is him. I rarely talk to the new people until they've been around a while, even then rarely.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:56 AM   #12
SomewhereupinMichigan

This is one of the reasons I rarely post any longer and, only occasionally, do I lurk. Like everything, a few bad apples can spoil the barrel.
SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:20 AM   #13
SilverHeels

quote:Originally posted by SomewhereupinMichigan:
This is one of the reasons I rarely post any longer and, only occasionally, do I lurk. Like everything, a few bad apples can spoil the barrel.

I can well understand. I frequently feel that way. Such a pity because this used to be a great forum.
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:08 AM   #14
Cathy

I can well understand. I frequently feel that way. Such a pity because this used to be a great forum.

I've just gotten to the point where I ignore the troublemakers. It's not worth the effort to tell them what I really think. If everyone ignored them, they'd sooner or later lose interest and go on their merry way.

Old 10-29-2004, 06:41 PM   #15
djb

quote:Originally posted by SomewhereupinMichigan:

Only if you let them. Then they win, right? Please see Cathy's reply (above mine). Post away, have fun, and IGNORE the trolls. This board is OUR pleasure, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Old 10-30-2004, 03:20 PM   #16
BILLW

SilverHeels,
And it can be again if we all stick around. Once he starts touring again I think we'll have plenty of great things to talk about. I can't wait.

Bill
Old 10-30-2004, 03:21 PM   #17
BILLW

quote:Originally posted by djb:
Only if you let them. Then they win, right? Please see Cathy's reply (above mine). Post away, have fun, and IGNORE the trolls. This board is OUR pleasure, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Well said djb, I agree.

Bill

Old 10-30-2004, 05:37 PM   #18
random7

when i first started the friday nites Lightfoot chat room all those years ago, the only other one going was on aol. at that time, if you werent on aol then you were excluded. there was no way i was gonna settle on aol since its simplistic approach to things at the time wasnt real acceptable to a geek like me.

the first thing i had to learn, and learn fast was how to kick, boot and ban folks from the room. i found some rather inventive scripts for doing so, some so nasty i was too nervous to try. John and i, and later laurie and others from the old group learned how to quickly figure out if folks were scammers or not.

in all it was good fun, and a good learning experience. not only did it make us bond better against the crackheads out there but we found ourselves wishing one would crash us so we could jeer then boot them out...
random7 is offline   Reply With Quote