banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-18-2004, 02:49 PM   #26
Char1

Hey Bru!

I was a mere baby back in the day and didn't think of older men as HOT!
lol

Char
39 again and holding....
Char1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 03:46 PM   #27
joveski

i prefer Nelly Furtado i'll take her any day!
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:15 PM   #28
TheWatchman

Oh yeah Nelly Furtado is pretty nice. So is Liz Hurley.
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 06:24 PM   #29
ricky Jay

SilverHeels I am happy that someone has um....similar sentiments about this topic as I do!!

In other words...I kind of...lied. My choice is BETWEEN (a) and (b) in actuality
ricky Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 06:24 PM   #30
Shazia

SilverHeels I am happy that someone has um....similar sentiments about this topic as I do!!

In other words...I kind of...lied. My choice is BETWEEN (a) and (b) in actuality
Shazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 06:28 PM   #31
SilverHeels

Char,

I always preferred the 'older' man
(39 and holding on like he**!!!)

Shazia,
you and me, girl, we have great taste in men!

SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 06:35 PM   #32
ricky Jay

SilverHeels, for me it was NOT "admiration" at first sight at all!!!

To be honest, when I first saw Lightfoot, I thought EEK. I thought he looked kind of like he has zero personality at all.

But when I heard more of the guy's music, I gradually didn't care about that LOL.

Maybe his "heat" just comes from the music and not the looks? I don't know. I've often wondered if I would give him a 2nd glance if he was not a musician? I have no idea sorry

I must tell you that I'm one of the most indecisive people around so forgive me if my opinion is SO scattered LOL

[This message has been edited by Shazia (edited March 18, 2004).]

Old 03-18-2004, 06:35 PM   #33
Shazia

SilverHeels, for me it was NOT "admiration" at first sight at all!!!

To be honest, when I first saw Lightfoot, I thought EEK. I thought he looked kind of like he has zero personality at all.

But when I heard more of the guy's music, I gradually didn't care about that LOL.

Maybe his "heat" just comes from the music and not the looks? I don't know. I've often wondered if I would give him a 2nd glance if he was not a musician? I have no idea sorry

I must tell you that I'm one of the most indecisive people around so forgive me if my opinion is SO scattered LOL

Old 03-18-2004, 06:40 PM   #34
ricky Jay

SilverHeels are you listening to Gordon right now? I'm listening to "My Pony Won't Go," LOL
Old 03-18-2004, 06:40 PM   #35
Shazia

SilverHeels are you listening to Gordon right now? I'm listening to "My Pony Won't Go," LOL
Old 03-18-2004, 08:07 PM   #36
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Well as Grandma used to say "a man has to keep his options open" so I reckon if I ever decide to hop over the fence Gord would be my kinda man. (I'm not sure this topic was open to men but what the heck.)

Bill

BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:19 PM   #37
Gaby

Good for you, Bill.

Get in touch with your feminine side!
Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:46 PM   #38
TheWatchman

quote:Originally posted by BILLW:
Well as Grandma used to say "a man has to keep his options open" so I reckon if I ever decide to hop over the fence Gord would be my kinda man. (I'm not sure this topic was open to men but what the heck.)

Bill

I think what grandma meant was that if you are getting the milk for free, don't buy the cow.

TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:52 PM   #39
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

I remember the first time I saw him on TV. I was about 15, sitting on the floor in the living room, doing Algebra homework. Oh, how I hated Algebra! Mom was watching TV and she got up and switched it to CBC. All of the sudden I heard this beautiful baritone voice singing, "In a castle dark, or a fortress strong..." I had heard the song on the radio a couple of times and liked it, so it really caught my attention. I looked into the TV and there was Gord, about 33, give or take a year or two, bearded, messy curly hair, dressed like a hippy in bell bottoms and sandals, sitting on a stool in the spotlight, playing the guitar and singing just to me. Yes Bru, you have to give it up this time, because he was singing to ME! Both Mom and I were entranced. I can't say that it was his looks that grabbed me first, although looking at him sure didn't cause me any pain! I don't remember going into a teenage, hormonally driven panic or anything at the time, though. I remember thinking he looked very Canadian. I can't put my finger on why I thought that. Maybe it was because I was watching CBC, but I do know he looked every bit as Canadian as Trudeau, Don Messer and Tommy Hunter. Man, oh man, that voice and the fingers caressing that guitar sure did something to me, and whatever it was, I've never gotten over it. Not a day goes by that I don't get caught up in his music, and often find myself thinking "My God! What a voice!" I think the last breath I mutter on this earth will be, "My God! What a voice!" No other artist has inspired me like Lightfoot has. There is no other, not even anybody close. I often listen to other artists, but Gord is the only one who really sings to me.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:29 PM   #40
Tyler

Now wait just a minute! I know when I saw him singing IYCRMM it was directed right at me.

Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:29 PM   #41
brink

Now wait just a minute! I know when I saw him singing IYCRMM it was directed right at me.

brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #42
violet Blue Horse

It was NOT love at first sight for me. More like revulsion. I roomed with a sister two and a half years older than me - to this day she says it just like that two and a HALF. Anyway, as a young child I was tortured on a daily basis with John Denver, and to a lesser extent the album "Summer Side of Life". She later went on to torture me with Barry Manilow, to give you some idea how brutal my childhood was. I'm guessing I was somewhere between ten and twelve when the torture sessions began. It took me almost twenty years before I recovered from the pain. I heard a cut off of "East of Midnight" in 86, amazingly enough on the radio. I'm guessing it was an AC station in L.A. I slowly came around and have been a fan ever since. And I somehow wound up with custody of my sister's copy of "Summer Side of Life". I will never be a John Denver fan, and Barry Manilow makes me wanna puke to this day.
quote:Originally posted by brink:

------------------
Born once - Got it right the first time. )O(
Old 03-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #43
violet Blue Horse

It was NOT love at first sight for me. More like revulsion. I roomed with a sister two and a half years older than me - to this day she says it just like that two and a HALF. Anyway, as a young child I was tortured on a daily basis with John Denver, and to a lesser extent the album "Summer Side of Life". She later went on to torture me with Barry Manilow, to give you some idea how brutal my childhood was. I'm guessing I was somewhere between ten and twelve when the torture sessions began. It took me almost twenty years before I recovered from the pain. I heard a cut off of "East of Midnight" in 86, amazingly enough on the radio. I'm guessing it was an AC station in L.A. I slowly came around and have been a fan ever since. And I somehow wound up with custody of my sister's copy of "Summer Side of Life". I will never be a John Denver fan, and Barry Manilow makes me wanna puke to this day.
quote:Originally posted by brink:

------------------
Born once - Got it right the first time. )O(
Old 03-19-2004, 11:06 AM   #44
GJA

A+++++++++ I still think he is the hottest guy around......the whole package!!!
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:06 AM   #45
GJA

A+++++++++ I still think he is the hottest guy around......the whole package!!!
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:40 AM   #46
Gaby

Hey, Bru!

These American girls stand no chance!

The Brits are coming!
Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 07:28 PM   #47
ricky Jay

Now I've found another person in addition to SilverHeels who chooses (a) LOL (that is, GJA)
Old 03-19-2004, 07:28 PM   #48
Shazia

Now I've found another person in addition to SilverHeels who chooses (a) LOL (that is, GJA)
Old 03-20-2004, 05:35 AM   #49
SilverHeels

Gaby,
absolutely, girl!

Old 03-20-2004, 05:38 AM   #50
SilverHeels

GJA,
you have great taste in men and music.