banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #51
Jesse Joe

Default Re: Was Robbed At Gunpoint Tonight

On Google !

http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=...og&sa=N&tab=wi
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #52
Jesse Joe

Well Misty yours is a life full of surprises, but not funny @ times. I can certainly understand you really getting FED UP with being jumped in parking lots and stores etc... boy anyone would be.

Breaking that sound barrier & ripping up those roads in between the corn fields. lol !

It's a strange world we live in with every kind of bad people.

Do take care !

Here is that pic that you sent !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	3388  
Old 05-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #53
Jesse Joe

Old 05-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #54
formerlylavender

You're braver than I would be, MM. You're probably more aware of such things since the incident in January, so you can anticipate and react in the situation. I can't believe these things happened in stores in public though! How scary!
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #55
Auburn Annie

Jeez Louise, MM, sounds like you've got some sort of neon sign over your head that reads "TARGET." Alas, formerly nice places to live no longer are. We ain't in Mayberry any more. I'm not sure that there actually is more bad stuff happening these days, it's just more casual and out in the open rather than furtive and limited to the "wrong" side of the tracks.

The quality of life in even the better neighborhoods seems to be in genteel decline as people care less about themselves, their neighbors (if they even know them) and what anybody else thinks. On the other hand when I walked home from work at night back in the 1970s I always had a 6" pair of scissors in hand (or keys between the knuckles), even though I was within 10 minutes of home. Guess that comes from being a policeman's daughter. I never have had a run-in personally but I am always aware of where I am, who is around me, and walk at a good clip like I mean business and know where I'm going. I listen to my gut.

When Rachel was a baby and couldn't sleep at night I'd load her into her stroller and take her for a walk at 4 in the morning. Never saw anyone but a few trucks going by on the main drag. The last few times I've been out after, say, 11 I bring our dog Samson, who weighs almost 100 pounds and looks like a white wolf (he's a shepherd/Samoyed mix.) We've got a 24-hour gas station and convenience store about two blocks from our house now which adds to the mix of odd folks at odd hours, plus a couple of bars in the same area. At least now that we have central air conditioning I don't have to choose between sweltering with closed windows or listening to drunks fighting at 2 a.m. in the summer.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #56
RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn Annie View Post
The quality of life in even the better neighborhoods seems to be in genteel decline as people care less about themselves, their neighbors (if they even know them) and what anybody else thinks.
Amen.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #57
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMoppens View Post
It just makes me feel safer

how about peeing into a water pistol ( easier said than done for women, i suppose)...it would be satisfying to spray it in their faces

all the best, mm...a disheartening post and state of affairs for sure...i can't imagine carrying a knife or gun in public...i carry a blade like that when i go walking up the lane or about the fields with junior but that's in case of wild (and/or senile and rabid) dogs swarm...using it is plan B... plan A is to serenade them with random GL lyrics and melodies in the hopes of chilling them out

all the best, misty....oh baby, baby, it's a wild world....maybe trade in the blade for some new sneakers or a portable Lightfoot blaster
jj is offline   Reply With Quote